Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Wouldn't it be crazy if we somehow acquired both Upton'. It's kind of possible, lol.
    We don't have a need for both of them unless Rasmus is on his way out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    We don't have a need for both of them unless Rasmus is on his way out.
    Which would be good!

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    It was totally hypothetical. I wonder if they might end up on the same team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0h@n63 View Post
    Which would be good!
    BJ Upton is not that much better than Rasmus. At least Rasmus won't make nearly as much coin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0h@n63 View Post
    Which would be good!
    Depends on which version of BJ you get, the lazy one with attitude problems or the leadoff worthy hitter with gold glove D.

vCash
    Sources: Sanchez wants $90M deal

INDIAN WELLS, CALIF.
    Emboldened by the right-hander’s strong postseason with the Detroit Tigers, the agent for free-agent starter Anibal Sanchez is currently asking teams for a contract in the range of six years and $90 million, multiple major-league sources told FOXSports.com.

The request works out to an average annual value of $15 million – very close to what C.J. Wilson received as the top pitcher to hit the open market last offseason. But Wilson signed for five years, not six, and a total of $77.5 million with the Los Angeles Angels.

In addition to the Tigers, the Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays, Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Dodgers are known to have interest in Sanchez, sources say. It’s not clear if any will meet the $90 million price tag, but Sanchez could sign for more than initially expected because of his performance in the American League, the volume of interest and overall industry health.

A high-ranking executive with one club said this week that Sanchez, 28, is in a “favorable position” within the marketplace. If a team agrees on the $15 million per annum but views the sixth year as a hang-up, that 2018 salary could turn into a contractual option and bring the guaranteed value in line with what Wilson received.

Sanchez went 9-13 with a 3.86 ERA in 31 starts with the Miami Marlins and Tigers this year, followed by a 1-2 record and 1.77 ERA in three postseason outings.

Zack Greinke is viewed by many as the top starter available on the market this offseason. Sanchez is roughly four months younger than Greinke, 29, and has the better ERA+ over the past three seasons (109, compared to 106). Greinke has more innings and strikeouts during the same period, along with one more quality start (40-39).

Among current free agents, Greinke was the best this season in Fielding Independent Pitching, ahead of Kyle Lohse and Sanchez, according to statistics at FanGraphs.com.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/w...ontract-110812

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    BJ Upton is not that much better than Rasmus. At least Rasmus won't make nearly as much coin.
    Lol what stats are you looking at to come to this conclusion? Coin part I certainly agree with...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Depends on which version of BJ you get, the lazy one with attitude problems or the leadoff worthy hitter with gold glove D.
    We need a consistent hitter or two on this team no more attitude with talent types ( Rasmus, Escobar, Lawrie ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Lol what stats are you looking at to come to this conclusion? Coin part I certainly agree with...
    They both put up around 25hr/80rbi with good d and horrible OBP. Upton hit 5 more HR's and 3 RBI and most of Upton's HR's came in last month (contract year). Upton better yes but by much not really.

vCash
    90 million over 6 is not too bad for Sanchez. I would want to try and get him for 80/5 with a club option. the guy has piched well, had over 200 innings last year (if you take the post-season into account). He has pitched well in the american league and the post season. I think at 28, he has at least 4 more good years in him, so why not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Their tools, potential, and draft status.
    Gotta love hard on's for tools.

vCash
    I read it as Upton', meaning Justin Upton, not both.

But I wouldn't mind both. BJ used to play 2nd base, too... lol

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    If Sanchez can be had for 15 per for 6 I'm comfortable with that. It's probably more than he's worth but if we agree to it quick we can maybe get him. He is clearly the 2nd best option behind Grienke and once one of the two sign the others price goes even higher.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Define "buying low." The D-Backs will ask the world for Upton even off a down season.
    Seeing as prospects are just prospects, what would you ask for Matt Harvey? Zach Wheeler? Remember they're just prospects.

vCash
    Then are we gonna role with a bunch of rookies pitching??
    well BJ would cost us no players or prospects so that wouldnt happen

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast