Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 1039
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    296
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    And IMO you get him some AB's in Buffalo to work out any kinks. This is assuming he's not looking good in ST which may the case. I just believe now is the time to deal JPA, better now than waiting too long. We could get a nice piece in return, potentially an Ogando or a DH.
    I agree now is the time to trade JPA and let Buck start with TDA getting the start in AAA. JPA has some value as a young cheap power hitting catcher his return is not going to be any higher. Bobby Wilson can be the back up and hopefully TDA is on the big club a month into season and Wilson only has to play a few games up until then.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,947
    vCash
    1500
    Why don't we go after Youkilis?

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    565
    vCash
    1500
    What about the possibility of Tori Hunter filling the LF position? ( don't jump on me its just a thought lol )

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhno View Post
    What about the possibility of Tori Hunter filling the LF position? ( don't jump on me its just a thought lol )
    I advocated Torii Hunter as well but rather get Upton just for the ability to keep him for a long time. But I like Hunter, if he doesnt mind playing on turf and gets the dough, then he's certainly an option and I would be very happy to have him.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    528
    vCash
    1500
    Trade JPA for Ogando. Throw in one of the surplus RP if need be.

    Sign Shane Victorino for 1 yr 5 million and Johnny Gomes for 2 yrs 4 million

    The difference between bad Victorino and good swisher isn't as much as appears and good Victorino is better. Let him bat second and Gomes platoons with Lind. That's a solid DH with their splits. Also Davis compliments Victorinos splits if that's an issue. Buck starts at catcher. Bobby Wilson is the backup for a month as Halladay suggested. TDA up in May. You spend 7 million smart instead of overspending on one position.

    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where ever the battle is
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    1500
    Just a thought, with all the twittering amount MLB players, are we going to have a surprise signing (ala Winfield)? Where someone like a Hunter or Youk take a discount to try and win?

    Still can't believe we pulled this off. I remember the Alomar/Carter trade vividly and i wasnt as excited as I am now. I remember signing Morris and out of no where...Winfield.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,776
    vCash
    1500
    I'm still holding on to getting a big LH bat to go between Joey and EE. Whether its a LF or a DH/1st.
    I wanted JJ now I wouldn't mind getting Davis. They need catching and an OF power bat, plus a pitching prospect. I just think now that he's healthy I see another Dunn possible who back when he was in mid 20's was a beast. Plus he would add nothing to the payroll as his Arb expected around 3m, we'd send at least that back.

    Part of my wish list....

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    770
    vCash
    1500
    just go after morneau. the risk is low, wont be too expensive, get minnesota to throw in some cash and we;ll give them a decent prospect or two. if he has a good year i think there's a good chance he resigns because of the canadian roots, if not, then oh well. i really believe morneau is going to bounce back for some reason.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    COLLEGE
    Posts
    3,040
    vCash
    1500
    I'd be happy with Youkillis as the DH. he still gets on base a ton, which is what our weakness was last year.

    Reyes ss
    Youkillis DH/1B
    Bautista RF
    Encarnacion 1B/DH
    Lawrie 3B
    Rasmus CF
    JPA/Buck C
    Bonifacio LF
    Izturis 2B

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    Trade JPA for Ogando. Throw in one of the surplus RP if need be.

    Sign Shane Victorino for 1 yr 5 million and Johnny Gomes for 2 yrs 4 million

    The difference between bad Victorino and good swisher isn't as much as appears and good Victorino is better. Let him bat second and Gomes platoons with Lind. That's a solid DH with their splits. Also Davis compliments Victorinos splits if that's an issue. Buck starts at catcher. Bobby Wilson is the backup for a month as Halladay suggested. TDA up in May. You spend 7 million smart instead of overspending on one position.
    Victorino is gonna cost more than that, and **** Jonny Gomes. Gomes sucks I guarantee you he will not repeat what he did in 2012.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,868
    vCash
    1500
    Here's an interesting option:

    Get Upton for Rasmus/specs. Put him in RF. Get Shane Victorino and put him in LF. Put Gose in CF. Move Jose to 1st base and DH Edwin.

    We upgrade at two of our outfield positions (Victorino and Upton) and then upgrade at Dh with Edwin moving in and Jose moving to 1st.

    So then the lineup is:

    Reyes: 30-40 steals
    Victorino: 30-40 steals
    Jose: 40 home runs
    Edwin: 30-40 home runs
    Upton: 15-20 home runs, 15-20 SB's.
    Lawrie: 20 hrs, 20 SB potential
    Izturis: 15 SBs
    D'Arnaud
    Gose: 50 sb potential.

    We become a super fast dangerous team!!! 5 guys with 20+ SB potential as starters (then Emilio and Davis off the bench who could swipe 20 bases as well as pinch runners)!! Guys with good OBP as well. This team would be a headache for any team with the speed on the bases and power in the middle of the lineup

    What do you guys think? I think this is a strong strong lineup!!!

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Here's an interesting option:

    Get Upton for Rasmus/specs. Put him in RF. Get Shane Victorino and put him in LF. Put Gose in CF. Move Jose to 1st base and DH Edwin.

    We upgrade at two of our outfield positions (Victorino and Upton) and then upgrade at Dh with Edwin moving in and Jose moving to 1st.

    So then the lineup is:

    Reyes: 30-40 steals
    Victorino: 30-40 steals
    Jose: 40 home runs
    Edwin: 30-40 home runs
    Upton: 15-20 home runs, 15-20 SB's.
    Lawrie: 20 hrs, 20 SB potential
    Izturis: 15 SBs
    D'Arnaud
    Gose: 50 sb potential.

    We become a super fast dangerous team!!! 5 guys with 20+ SB potential as starters (then Emilio and Davis off the bench who could swipe 20 bases as well as pinch runners)!! Guys with good OBP as well. This team would be a headache for any team with the speed on the bases and power in the middle of the lineup

    What do you guys think? I think this is a strong strong lineup!!!
    it is a very strong lineup and would love to have it, but its a little unrealistic. you're not getting upton for rasmus + specs unless those specs are syndergaard and sanchez. and victorino is gonna command somewhere between 8-10 million and i think thats a little pricey for him.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    it is a very strong lineup and would love to have it, but its a little unrealistic. you're not getting upton for rasmus + specs unless those specs are syndergaard and sanchez. and victorino is gonna command somewhere between 8-10 million and i think thats a little pricey for him.
    Yeah I dont mind trading Syndergaard, Rasmus and whomever to get him. Or try to swing a three-way similar to what ARZ/TEX/ATL were trying a few days ago.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    it is a very strong lineup and would love to have it, but its a little unrealistic. you're not getting upton for rasmus + specs unless those specs are syndergaard and sanchez. and victorino is gonna command somewhere between 8-10 million and i think thats a little pricey for him.
    I would normally agree but Victorino is still strong in the field (Gold Glove) with speed and streaky hitter. Also brings a vet presence which this team needs (and has been filled somewhat in the Miami trade) but these types are always good for the clubhouse. Rasmus is probably going to cost around $5 mil-$10 mil in one to two years anyways and he's been way too inconsistent. If your going all the way, get a guy you know will be good as oppose to hoping Rasmus might be the answer...and Rasmus still has value, if he tanks this year, he becomes Travis Snider where you might just get a pen arm -- I would do it now and risk it.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I would normally agree but Victorino is still strong in the field (Gold Glove) with speed and streaky hitter. Also brings a vet presence which this team needs (and has been filled somewhat in the Miami trade) but these types are always good for the clubhouse. Rasmus is probably going to cost around $5 mil-$10 mil in one to two years anyways and he's been way too inconsistent. If your going all the way, get a guy you know will be good as oppose to hoping Rasmus might be the answer...and Rasmus still has value, if he tanks this year, he becomes Travis Snider where you might just get a pen arm -- I would do it now and risk it.
    this is true. its not my money, so if rogers is willing to pony up more cash and sign victorino on a one or two year deal i'd support that. but i dont think they are.

Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •