Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    seems like an overpay for a guy coming off Tommy John who wasn't great to begin with
    This ^

Feels like a terrible deal for a 31 y/o coming off TJ....

Glad the Jays weren't in on this.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    This ^

Feels like a terrible deal for a 31 y/o coming off TJ....

Glad the Jays weren't in on this.
    Ya I think a lower salary deal with higher incentives would have been more appropriate.

vCash
    a good no get! If he got that, can imagine what some other good pitchers will be going for????

vCash
    Just another rumor? on Swisher, Heyman reported a few days ago that several clubs like Rangers, Orioles, Mariners and about 3 more, no mention of Jays, are will ing to go 3 years at est. 11 to 13 m a year. But I am sure he will want more term and a few million more once they all start to bid on him.
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-13-2012 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Just another rumor? on Swisher, Heyman reported a few days ago that several clubs like Rangers, Orioles, Mariners and about 3 more, no mention of Jays, are will ing to go 3 years at est. 11 to 13 m a year. But I am sure he will want more term and a few million more once they all start to bid on him.
    I would be willing to give swisher 14-15 mill on a 4-5 year contract + option. He is perfect for the 2 spot or we can just slot him in b/w Bautista and EE. Trade/Sign for two tier 2 pitchers and that would be a good off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Let's offer 5/60 and lock him up before others get serious??? Who knows maybe Swisher takes that thinking market isn't what he expected?? Would solve our LF position and give us a legit 2 hitter. He is 31 so if 5 yrs too long I'm thinking 4/52 would be ok as well.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-13-2012 at 04:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Let's offer 5/60 and lock him up before others get serious??? Who knows maybe Swisher takes that thinking market isn't what he expected?? Would solve our LF position and give us a legit 2 hitter. He is 31 so if 5 yrs too long I'm thinking 4/52 would be ok as well.
    swisher isnt stupid, let alone agents are too dull either. Him and his agent know exactly what he will get this offseason and 5/60 is something they wont accept

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    swisher isnt stupid, let alone agents are too dull either. Him and his agent know exactly what he will get this offseason and 5/60 is something they wont accept
    Well not saying your wrong but Swisher and his agent can hold out for whatever they wish. However if nobody agrees to it their not getting it. Remember he is 31 and has done jack **** in the playoffs however has been a solid performer in the reg season. If I recall he was even benched in this years playoffs. So most of the contenders probably will pass on him. We'd be happy just to make playoffs so I see us as wanting him.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-13-2012 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    I have a feeling that Swisher will get 5 years and $85 to 90M eventually.

If you offered 5 years $80M right now with a take-it-or-leave-it offer open for a week he may just sign and forego the possible extra money for certainty. I don't think so, though. I suspect that he will wait another couple of months to get the most money he possibly can.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    I have a feeling that Swisher will get 5 years and $85 to 90M eventually.

If you offered 5 years $80M right now with a take-it-or-leave-it offer open for a week he may just sign and forego the possible extra money for certainty. I don't think so, though. I suspect that he will wait another couple of months to get the most money he possibly can.
    I'd rather give Sanchez 6/90 then to have Swisher at those dollars. As the Giants proved once again pitching wins and timely hitting. Heck I'd even gladly give Greinke 5/120 before giving Swisher anything more then 13 mil per.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post

I think swisher is awesome so I'd love this but I expect he will get more. 5/75 feels about right to me, very possible the bidding goes higher but I don't see it being much lower tbh. I wouldn't pay that much if I'm the jays, money should go to the rotation unless they are on the verge of a trade.

vCash
    For what it's worth, Jim Bowden predicts Swisher getting 3/33 and he was pretty amazing at predicting these things last year. I'd be pretty happy going 4/50 for him myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    For what it's worth, Jim Bowden predicts Swisher getting 3/33 and he was pretty amazing at predicting these things last year. I'd be pretty happy going 4/50 for him myself.
    Holy **** thats cheap, I'd be shocked if he received so little. Hell I'd sign him right now for that and not think twice about it . You are right tho, bowden is very good at things like salary predictions, so you never really know. He knows way more than I do. If I'm swishers agent I just point to jayson werths contract and say give me 3/4 of that and we are good lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Well if this is true this is our chance to "overpay" and get Swisher now for 4/48?? I'd be thrilled at those numbers and length.

vCash
    Still don't think AA will bite; even at that price.

Plus, I don't really like Swisher as a hitter - much too streaky. I don't know how to compare him, really...

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast