Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    It makes sense that they'd check in on Marcum. He's played here and had success in the past, and he'll likely command lower dollars/years than Grienke/Sanchez/Jackson.

I'd be cool with Marcum at 3 years/27 million.
    He will get more than that I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    He will get more than that I think.
    The way the market is going I think he will get 4/44 at minimum. With the new tv deal kicking in soon salaries are gonna sky rocket even more. AA should lock up 2 starters this year. Marcum being one that I'd be very happy with. Not to many people want to be here get the ones that do and can play.

vCash
    I'd be fine giving him 3/33M even. But I'd definitely want AA to trade/sign another bat and arm.

vCash
    I'd be fine giving him 3/33M even. But I'd definitely want AA to trade/sign another bat and arm.
    AA will add an option yr or two.

vCash
    3/33 is a lot for a guy who's a known injury risk. Marcum's mechanics are really horrible. And I say this as the biggest Marcum fan probably on PSD, dude's my favourite player. Obviously, I'd love him on the Jays, but 3/33 is an overpayment imo. 2/21 is fair value, and I'd go as high as 2/23 or 3/30. He shouldn't get a lot more than Brandon McCarthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Ha, I bet you would. As a jays fan I would be up for trading you adam lind for matt harvey and ike davis.

all jokes aside I'd have zero issue dealing jpa and a lesser prospect for dickey, seems like a sensible deal for both imo.
    Gonna need a bit more than that... Dickey was 12th in xFIP and 5th in SIERA. And dude's posted xFIPs under 4 for 3 straight seasons. Dickey's a #2 starter that would make a great 1-2 punch with Morrow. JPA's barely a starting catcher, we're gonna need to add a solid prospect with him to get Dickey.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    as a met fan, i would be up for trading dickey to you guys for gose-cf, ja-c, and kyle drabek-rhp.
    You've got the right idea, but wrong about Dickey's value. Dude's 38, and only under team control for 1 season. If the Jays give up those 3 guys you mentioned, we're gonna need 1 of your top-5 prospects along with Dickey. Honestly, Rasmus and JPA is probably a fair return for Dickey, and I went a bit further and threw in a top-100 prospect in Nicolino who slots in your top-5 (possibly 3) for say, the Mets #7-8 prospect.

vCash
    I'd be alright with Marcum coming back. He'd fit in nicely in the rotation but we would obviously need more than just bringing him back, would be a nice start though. Every UFA pitcher this year is going to get decent bucks so forget about the money. Hell if Sanchez is asking for 90 mill I'd actually prefer getting Marcum at 30 mil or whatever.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    All this marcum news is coming from one source. Bob Elliott reported that the jays "called to inquire about the market price" for Shaun Marcum. All these new reports that are coming out are based on this same source. The jays have inquired about marcum just like they have inquired about almost every free agent out there. I think the media is making it more than it actually is because marcum was a former jay and said that he won`t mind coming back here.

vCash
    marcum predictions here:

3/33
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    All this marcum news is coming from one source. Bob Elliott reported that the jays "called to inquire about the market price" for Shaun Marcum. All these new reports that are coming out are based on this same source. The jays have inquired about marcum just like they have inquired about almost every free agent out there.
    Exactly.
    BLUE JAYS CHATS!. #Bluejays on EFnet. 31 active users.

vCash
    Stupid Money for Marcum, plus if you want Dickey he is a free agent after next year, this year salary is great , however, it wont give you a huge return for THE Mets. The better deal is trading Jon Neise by the Mets, and there you will get something like Marisnick, Arencibia and Stilson plus another OF second Tier for Neise and Murphy. remember Mets are in financial trouble owners owe 162 million coming due in less than two year, the Team is losing money and have had a bankruptcy firm review the Mets well being and they have to extend Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    All this marcum news is coming from one source. Bob Elliott reported that the jays "called to inquire about the market price" for Shaun Marcum. All these new reports that are coming out are based on this same source. The jays have inquired about marcum just like they have inquired about almost every free agent out there. I think the media is making it more than it actually is because marcum was a former jay and said that he won`t mind coming back here.
    And how many free agents have openly said they wanna play here? so yeah, there's a reason why he's being talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by jensan View Post
    Stupid Money for Marcum, plus if you want Dickey he is a free agent after next year, this year salary is great , however, it wont give you a huge return for THE Mets. The better deal is trading Jon Neise by the Mets, and there you will get something like Marisnick, Arencibia and Stilson plus another OF second Tier for Neise and Murphy. remember Mets are in financial trouble owners owe 162 million coming due in less than two year, the Team is losing money and have had a bankruptcy firm review the Mets well being and they have to extend Wright.
    Dickey? as in the 38 year old who wants a multi-year deal after having a career year as a knuckleballer? gee, that doesn't sound like a disaster waiting to happen. You wanna trade for Dickey, that's fine but to throw money at a 40 year old pitcher is insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    And how many free agents have openly said they wanna play here? so yeah, there's a reason why he's being talked about.
    I didn't say there is no reason to talk about him, i just said its blown out of proportion. Its was never a secret that marcum liked his time here, so i don't know why is it a surprise that he would welcome coming back. All i said was bob Elliott took marcum's words plus the fact that AA inquired about him (which he does on just about every free agent) and squeezed a story out of it, and every other reporter started milking the cow from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Dickey? as in the 38 year old who wants a multi-year deal after having a career year as a knuckleballer? gee, that doesn't sound like a disaster waiting to happen. You wanna trade for Dickey, that's fine but to throw money at a 40 year old pitcher is insane.
    Right, because when the Jays signed Jack Morris (37) and Dave Stewart (36) in 92-93 that worked out awful . Dickey's been a solid pitcher for 3 years, and posted arguably the best pitching numbers in the NL. Why would he settle for a 1-year deal? And knuckleballers can pitch for a long time because they don't throw hard... Wakefield retired at age 45. I'd expect 2 or 3 years of solid numbers from Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    Right, because when the Jays signed Jack Morris (37) and Dave Stewart (36) in 92-93 that worked out awful . Dickey's been a solid pitcher for 3 years, and posted arguably the best pitching numbers in the NL. Why would he settle for a 1-year deal? And knuckleballers can pitch for a long time because they don't throw hard... Wakefield retired at age 45. I'd expect 2 or 3 years of solid numbers from Dickey.
    my guess:

3 great years
    2 very useful years

plus love the after math of game against a knuckler

Morrow
    Dickey
    old Ricky

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast