Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    If they did then they're probably wrong. The hope is the he combines above average offense with an above average glove, no one with realistic expectations would project a Posey-esque bat or Molina-esque work behind the plate.
    Do we have to trade JPA??

I mean I don't know much about prospects but can't tda and ee split DH/1b while JPA and sadly mathis man the catching duties. I ask this because everyone harps about TDA's bat as a middle of the order type bat so can't that work??
    Yeah, TDA looks to be a similar player to Matt Wieters, just with a higher injury risk and without the ridiculous hype reaching the majors.
    Last edited by jaysfan4ever; 11-11-2012 at 05:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Do we have to trade JPA??

I mean I don't know much about prospects but can't tda and ee split DH/1b while JPA and sadly mathis man the catching duties. I ask this because everyone harps about TDA's bat as a middle of the order type bat so can't that work??
    Not as optimistic on TDA, given Jesus Montero's first stab at major league pitching. From what I know, Montero is good hitting right handed arms but not solid or spectacular yet. His flaw is with lefty southpaw which needs alot of work to stabilize production as DH, so same logic goes for d'nauld who will face his lessons and struggles in the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    Yeah, TDA looks to be a similar player to Matt Wieters, just with a higher injury risk and without the ridiculous hype reaching the majors.
    Both Wieters and Posey had similar hype and similar numbers in the minors. Not all learning curves at the major league level are the same. Even if D'Arnaud takes the Wieters curve, Wieters already has two gold gloves and two all-star games to his credit and bats middle of the order and his best years are still to come.

vCash
    as a met fan, i would be up for trading dickey to you guys for gose-cf, ja-c, and kyle drabek-rhp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    as a met fan, i would be up for trading dickey to you guys for gose-cf, ja-c, and kyle drabek-rhp.
    You're delusional. No way the Jays give up all that for a 37 year old knuckleballer. Yes he's most likely going to win the Cy Young and yes he has value, but there is no way in hell the Jays give the Mets Gose, Drabek and Arencibia for Dickey.

Dickey has only been successful the last year and a half, and while I would like him here, the trade would have to make sense for both sides. And that my friend is one sided 100 per cent.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Ha, I bet you would. As a jays fan I would be up for trading you adam lind for matt harvey and ike davis.

all jokes aside I'd have zero issue dealing jpa and a lesser prospect for dickey, seems like a sensible deal for both imo.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    Niese+Dickey for Gose+JPA+Alvarez would be intriguing. Not sure how fair a deal that is because it's hard to gauge Dickey's value imo. A 38 year old knuckleballer coming off a career year on a 1 yr deal isnt something you see every off-season.

I like Niese though. Would be an AA type target, and you guys dont want Drabek.

vCash
    Arencibia, Gose, Nolin and Lind for Niese and Davis is something I would do.

vCash
    How about Gose, JPA, Nicoline, Alvarez, Nolin, and Lind for Niese, Davis, and Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Arencibia, Gose, Nolin and Lind for Niese and Davis is something I would do.
    This I would do in a heart beat, but rather give them Rasmus than Gose, JMHO, but these would be 2 controlled young guys that fill 2 holes and don't break our bank. This move actually adds, with Rasmus, 0$ to our payroll given Rasmus expected Arb.
    But I think we are howling at the sky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadwilly View Post
    All i hear from AA is that we are looking for SP, we are looking at SP. If its either FA or trade. We are laying the ground work. Then you get some website ie Foxsports or ESPN saying the jays are interested in this guy or that guy. Every year i hear that and then we all get excited. Then WHAM nothing happens.

If you look at Toronto now (meaning the fans) We are rype for a winner. No hockey and the raptors are not good. So why would you not try to get someone like Greinke or trade some of these kids for a key person and sign a big name pitcher. Im sorry but if you did then people would come to the game and your sales for jerseys would increase. I know we missed out on Yu Darvish, when he came to toronto look at how many people came to see him. Just sayin........
    Get what you are saying, but have some patience. NO team has made any significant moves. Everything we are hearing to date are just rumors from diff. sources, some reliable some ****in nuts which can drive people to assume we are doing nothing. Izturis has been one of the bigger deals made this off season. Which tells you just little other teams have done.

PATIENCE PLEASE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Niese+Dickey for Gose+JPA+Alvarez would be intriguing. Not sure how fair a deal that is because it's hard to gauge Dickey's value imo. A 38 year old knuckleballer coming off a career year on a 1 yr deal isnt something you see every off-season.

I like Niese though. Would be an AA type target, and you guys dont want Drabek.
    Shhh, don't tell them that. They DO want Drabek.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Shhh, don't tell them that. They DO want Drabek.
    Exactly
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...r-shaun-marcum

looks like we're checking out Marcum
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    It makes sense that they'd check in on Marcum. He's played here and had success in the past, and he'll likely command lower dollars/years than Grienke/Sanchez/Jackson.

I'd be cool with Marcum at 3 years/27 million.

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast