Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wank A Massive C**k Off.............hehehe

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    There will never be another WAMCO. No...not him.....THEM.
    What a ridiculous team that was...

vCash
    Anyway we can just get a DH/1st , whatever EE isn't, that hits pretty well against both , instead of the platooning stuff.

vCash
    More and more I look at Berkmans stats, the more I like him for the DH/1st

Switch hitter that hits best from the Left side which is what we want.

His best stats are in the 4 and 5 hole and RISP #'s are his best numbers at 305/449/519/968 and he still hits the long ball.

This is over the last 3 years. Don't know what he wants as he was getting 12m so .................thats all I got
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-17-2012 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    More and more I look at Berkmans stats, the more I like him for the DH/1st

Switch hitter that hits best from the Left side which is what we want.

His best stats are in the 4 and 5 hole and RISP #'s are his best numbers at 305/449/519/968

This is over the last 3 years. Don't know what he wants as he was getting 12m so .................thats all I got
    He's likely going to sign with the Astros, but hey you never know what AA can pull off. That knee is a huge concern too.

vCash
    ^ ya forgot about the knee, he missed alot of games last year with that . That would be a big concern esp. on our field.

vCash
    man i dont want to leave the house, every time i do the jays make a big move and i find out about it a few hours later. this offseason has been great and we are still near the beginning of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    He's likely going to sign with the Astros, but hey you never know what AA can pull off. That knee is a huge concern too.
    Berkman is all about the money. I doubt he would pass up an opportunity to play here so he could play for the Astros.

I read somewhere where he actually said it comes down to the money, if the Astros would pay him what an everyday DH of his caliber should make he would consider coming back.

Still hes only 36? 37 so if can stay healthy next year im sure he would come back if he wants to retire as an Astro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Please now sign Gomes for cheap and platoon him with Lind at DH. Even an awful Lind in 2012 was good for a .801 OPS against RHP. Gomes posted a OPS over .900 against LHP.
    Agreed we sign Gomes the Jays are set. The only question left is if Beurhle stays or gets traded ( Cliff Lee please ray: ). Then the signing of the lucky bastard who gets to manage this squad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Please now sign Gomes for cheap and platoon him with Lind at DH. Even an awful Lind in 2012 was good for a .801 OPS against RHP. Gomes posted a OPS over .900 against LHP.
    I don't know what Gomes's contract expectations are, but I wouldn't be surprised if going 2 years guaranteed would be enough to get him to sign right away.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    man i dont want to leave the house, every time i do the jays make a big move and i find out about it a few hours later. this offseason has been great and we are still near the beginning of it
    Can you go buy some bread and Milk. I'd like a new DH.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Olney says it would be a shock if the Marlins don't trade Giancarlo Stanton at some point in the next 20 months. He's not happy with the team and is unlikely to sign a long-term contract.
    With Marisnick traded our future corner OF looks foggy. If he's available next offseason I wouldnt be surprised if AA made a push for him and Bautista moving to 1B.

If we could land him for mostly specs you do it. We'd be a legit contender for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    With Marisnick traded our future corner OF looks foggy. If he's available next offseason I wouldnt be surprised if AA made a push for him and Bautista moving to 1B.

If we could land him for mostly specs you do it. We'd be a legit contender for the foreseeable future.
    It would deplete the whole farm....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post

If that pipe dream does come true, put Jose Bautista at 3rd, play Brett Lowrie at 2nd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    It would deplete the whole farm....
    And be worth it.

Seriously - I'd offer them any 6 prospects for Stanton, maybe more.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast