Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    well BJ would cost us no players or prospects so that wouldnt happen
    Thought you said if we got both Upton's? BJ wouldn't cost players and Juston would but what I'm implying is where is the money for SP then? Uptons would tie up 25 mil per year together minimum. Not to mention I still believe the difference between BJ and Rasmus is minimal compared to what the salary dif would be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Thought you said if we got both Upton's? BJ wouldn't cost players and Juston would but what I'm implying is where is the money for SP then? Uptons would tie up 25 mil per year together minimum. Not to mention I still believe the difference between BJ and Rasmus is minimal compared to what the salary dif would be.
    Two Bros before Hoes.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0h@n63 View Post
    two bros before hoes.
    lol

vCash
    Jays should be on this! They haven't been close to being in a pennant race in 19 years. They owe it to their fans to give them a glimmer of hope! Overpayment but not break the bank overpayment

vCash

Angry

2008 23 TOR AL W/L 13-9 ERA 3.58 GS 29 IP 176.
    Jesse Litsch's 2008 stats.

Guess if he was a free agent in 08 he would be worth at least 120mil based on Sanchez reasoning. These agents and players are getting a little ********. He actually had a winning record. Rest of his career was crap, as could Sanchez's. I don't like the new precedence this could set for mediocre pitchers. I hope no owner gives him 90mil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NS_Jays_Fan View Post

Guess if he was a free agent in 08 he would be worth at least 120mil based on Sanchez reasoning. These agents and players are getting a little ********. He actually had a winning record. Rest of his career was crap, as could Sanchez's. I don't like the new precedence this could set for mediocre pitchers. I hope no owner gives him 90mil.
    You are comparing Anibal Sanchez to Jessie Litsch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    You are comparing Anibal Sanchez to Jessie Litsch?
    Yes to prove my point! Litsch is def not worth 90mil , neither is Sanchez. Sanchez is a career loser. Paltry numbers. If you like Sanchez at 90mil, then I guess you'd prob would have given a bum like Litsch big money as well? Just used Litsch's stats as a comparison as to the reasoning behind this crazy $$$ demand.

vCash

Your just trying to cause trouble. Jesse only had 1 decent year, had he pitched 3 years in a row like 2008 and was a free agent he would get the big $$$. Last 3 years Sanchez has pitched over 195 innings each year, with 3.70 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.

Jays can't turn their nose up to every decent free agent. From Beltran's knee to Darvish unproven to Fielder's weight, now Sanchez you pick apart.

If Jays are serious about winning...it is time to sort of spend! We are not asking them to break the bank. We don't expect a Hamilton signing and Cliff Lee trade. But would like to see them add...just one above average player to give fans hope of a playoff race.

vCash
    As much as I agree the Jays need to spend to help their chances of winning.... 90 million on Sanchez? 90? I don't agree that the Jays should give him that. Let another team pay him that.

What has he done to earn 90 million dollars? He's been decent pitcher, nothing great. No way I give Sanchez that keep dreaming.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Yes to prove my point! Litsch is def not worth 90mil , neither is Sanchez. Sanchez is a career loser. Paltry numbers. If you like Sanchez at 90mil, then I guess you'd prob would have given a bum like Litsch big money as well? Just used Litsch's stats as a comparison as to the reasoning behind this crazy $$$ demand.
    Wow, I can't believe this comparison at all. I don't even want to reply to you as I'm sure I'll just get an infraction - better not see you whine if the Jays don't "make a splash" if you really think Jesse Litsch has even 1/10th the ceiling Anibal Sanchez does.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying give Sanchez 90 million, I also think that number is way too high - but to compare him to Litsch is like comparing Eric Hinske to Jose Bautista. Embarrassing comparison, just awful...
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 11-09-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I don't know if we're done talking about Dickey, but I think he'd be a great trade acquisition. It's not just his numbers that are good, but it's the next game's starter that benefits too. If you sandwhich him between two hard throwers it can really mess up the timing for the opposing hitters. Durability wise, just look at Wakefield and how long he was able to pitch effectively.

vCash

This is laughable on so many levels.

vCash
    ShiDavidi
    #Jays sign Justin Germano (@JustGerm) to minor-league deal with invite to spring training.
    Germano, 30, pitched for Cubs and Red Sox last year. A depth move

vCash
    MikeCormack
    Justin Germano career MLB stats (93 G, 48 starts): 5.27 ERA, 1.419 WHIP, 5.7 K/9, 2.9 BB/9. In 2012 (13 G): 6.75 ERA, 1.563 WHIP w/ CHC

vCash
    Can't wait to see what numbers Sanchez will put up to earn 90mil . What do you guys honestly expect from this guy? I'm not saying dont spend money , but **** come on! 90 mill for this guy? Somebody please present a reasonable argument as to why this guy will actually make a significant contribution? A contribution worth 90mil lmao. If AA only has 15 mil extra to work with, this is an extremely stupid idea. If he backloads the money, it's still dumb. The best option is through trade or hopefully a reasonable/sane FA signing. The Litsch comparison was random. Im not embarrassed, I used exaggeration for effect, I guess some didn't catch on to that. This seems to happen a lot with FA who recently played in the post season. Everyone thinks they're worth millions. Wonder if the Tigers didn't make the playoffs, and he put up the same numbers, if people would still want to dish out this kind of money. Yes, lets make a splash, but not this way.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast