Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Blue Jays 2012-13 free agency and off-season thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    I would trade JPA and Marisnick in a package for Dickey in a heartbeat but doubt the mets are interested
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We would do it imo, at least I would.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Dickey may be 38, but he just had his best season after 3 very good ones. He's good for 200+ innings every year.
    I'm not high, I'm trying to gauge value. Remember, a prospect is just that, a prospect. They don't all pan out. TDA may very well be one of the better catchers in baseball, but it's no guarentee. Dickey is almost a lock to be good/great for at least the next 3 seasons as he's gotten better with age.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaysGirl View Post
    As a fan, I covet Dickey. No pun intended.

He'd be awesome in a Jays uni. I'd give the Mets JPA and Rasmus. That would improve the Jays in three positions.
    Knuckleballers can pitch forever. He'd have at least 3-4 more effective years.
    Anddddddd we're back.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Thank God the Jays aren't going after Justin Upton. I just don't get the love everyone here has for him. Ok, he's young and has great D but, you guys are all willing to send the farm for him.

I look at his stats and they're painfully avg. Plus, for you WAR fans...he only had a 2 last year. Then you add the fact he's making 40M over the next 3 years.

I not a fan of Ramsus anymore but, he gives you a much better risk/reward with some slight upside..
    Last edited by Billyen; 11-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    As a fan, I covet Dickey. No pun intended.

He'd be awesome in a Jays uni. I'd give the Mets JPA and Rasmus. That would improve the Jays in three positions.
    Yeah that might be a good deal. Their on-base skills could be problematic though, but our organization preaches patience so maybe they could change.

vCash
    I've never understood the collective hard on for the Uptons.

TO me they seem like two guys who will never reach their full potential, possibly because of laziness, possibly because of coaching, who knows, but I think they'll cost a lot more than they're worth.

vCash
    I was big on Upton last year, but now I would not want to give up the farm for him alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post

TO me they seem like two guys who will never reach their full potential, possibly because of laziness, possibly because of coaching, who knows, but I think they'll cost a lot more than they're worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I was big on Upton last year, but now I would not want to give up the farm for him alone.
    I like Upton but I think it's a moot point one Backs want the farm and two he's a righty. Ideally the big bat we get for LF or DH needs to be a lefty to put between Bautista and Encarcion.

vCash
    The reason people are interested in Upton now is that a year from now you could be saying damn, why didn't the Jays try to trade for a 30 HR 900 OPS OF bat. He's already posted a 900 OPS in 2 of his 5 years. I don't know what potential you're looking for.

He had a down year because of some injuries. A healthy Upton is an elite player and if you can buy low you do it.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    Their tools, potential, and draft status.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    The reason people are interested in Upton now is that a year from now you could be saying damn, why didn't the Jays try to trade for a 30 HR 900 OPS OF bat. He's already posted a 900 OPS in 2 of his 5 years. I don't know what potential you're looking for.

He had a down year because of some injuries. A healthy Upton is an elite player and if you can buy low you do it.
    Define "buying low." The D-Backs will ask the world for Upton even off a down season.

vCash
    Define "buying low." The D-Backs will ask the world for Upton even off a down season.
    I have no doubt. I don't even think they'll trade him. I'm just pointing out that it's crazy to suggest he hasn't hit his potential when he's already had two 900 OPS seasons, and his 2012 was a disappointment cause of injuries.

vCash
    I dunno where else to say this since it's not really important enough to justify a thread, but EE got absolutely hosed by whoever votes on the Silver Slugger awards.

vCash
    ^^ just came on to say that.

vCash

You know what?? We don't get these guys then the Red Sox or Yankees get these guys and the same guys who didn't want him start complaining about it and wish they'd have done it when we had the chance.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Wouldn't it be crazy if we somehow acquired both Upton'. It's kind of possible, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Wouldn't it be crazy if we somehow acquired both Upton'. It's kind of possible, lol.
    Then are we gonna role with a bunch of rookies pitching??

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast