Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    vCash
    1500

    A Pie in the Sky? Make Hamilton our guy!

    So this is way out there, but how crazy would it be if the AA swooped in and landed Hamilton.

    With rumours that he is getting 3 year offers from the Mariners in the $20-$25 million dollar range per season, How much would the power in the AL shift if we came in and got Hamilton for say 4 years $100 million.

    It is clear Rogers is serious about competing in the window of Bautista/Encarnacion's contracts. How about we add Hamilton to the fold on a 4 year deal, and post one of the best line-ups, if not THE best line-up in the MLB. Our pitching concerns could still be addressed by bringing in a young pitcher via trade if necessary.

    The Yanks and Sox would DEFINITELY be worried about us. Texas and the Mariners would be forced to look elsewhere to address needs. And we'd be running a payroll of around $145 million.

    Our outfielders could cycle through, with Hamilton as the primary DH.

    SS Reyes S
    LF Cabrera S
    RF Bautista R
    DH Hamilton L
    1B Encarnacion R
    3B Lawrie R
    CF Rasmus L
    C Arencibia R
    2B Izturis/Bonafacio S

    The balance, the speed, the power. If that roster can't win 95 games, none can!

    If we really want to compete, and cripple a couple opponents in the process... Sign Hamilton!

    It's not OUR money!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    vCash
    1500
    I'm in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,063
    vCash
    1500
    3 years sure...7 no.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    267
    vCash
    1500
    Ok lets do it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    south of toronto
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    1500
    that would be the greatest moment in my sports-fan life, bar none. at that point, you might as well say ***** it and trade d'arnaud or whomever you can for a stud starter.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,063
    vCash
    1500
    I wonder if the Jays would spend another $25 mil a year to one guy....makes me think very unlikely but I wont bet against it ever now...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,294
    vCash
    1500
    just what hamilton needs.......be around a buncha beer drinkin canadians hahaha

    thatd be amazing tho....just swoop in like how detroit got fielder last year.


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,860
    vCash
    1500
    If I were him I'm not signing here to DH unless you pay me an insane amount compared to what everyone else is offering. And from the Jays' POV, I'm not sure how you'd free up an OF spot for him. Bautista clearly doesn't wanna move from right, Melky obviously signed here to start in left. I guess you could do something with Colby and play Hamilton in center, but that would be asking for a bunch of injuries on turf, and even when he is healthy it would make for a pretty horrible OF defensively. Seems like a tough fit.
    2013

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,611
    vCash
    1090
    I wouldn't mind depending on who we trade Rasmus for.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    If I were him I'm not signing here to DH unless you pay me an insane amount compared to what everyone else is offering. And from the Jays' POV, I'm not sure how you'd free up an OF spot for him. Bautista clearly doesn't wanna move from right, Melky obviously signed here to start in left. I guess you could do something with Colby and play Hamilton in center, but that would be asking for a bunch of injuries on turf, and even when he is healthy it would make for a pretty horrible OF defensively. Seems like a tough fit.
    Maybe offer him the option of DH'ing at home and playing in the OF on the road? Something like 40-ish games in LF, 20 in CF and 20 in RF.

    Whether he would take a 4 yr deal from us with those stipulations, or if Rogers would even think about adding $25M in payroll seems pretty bleak. Fun to imagine though

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    its not happening...and im fine with that.....cuz our outfield is stack.....hamilton will get what he asked for

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    its not happening...and im fine with that.....cuz our outfield is stack.....hamilton will get what he asked for
    If Greinke signs in Texas we have a very good chance to sign Hamilton for 3/75 if were willing to. Maybe even less unless its just about money for Hamilton. Other then Mariners who suck and Orioles maybe there really is no other suitor for him other then Rangers. However if Rangers sign Greinke there out on him as well. If he wants to win he'd come here and we'd be stacked and not even need another pitcher as what we have would be enough with this offence with Hamilton added. I really hope that pie in the sky lands in Jays land.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    28,621
    vCash
    1500
    He would be a perfect fit here.. you can trade Rasmus, JPA and another prospect for Dickey and you got yourself the best lineup in baseball and a top 3 rotation

    If i'm Rogers and I know im making tonnes of money, its a no-brainer for me

    The Dome would be filled with 40k every night no problem

    getting an extra 10000 to the stadium everynight gets you 40+ million extra profit and thats not mentioning possible playoffs games
    Last edited by bomber0104; 12-08-2012 at 01:28 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,149
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    He would be a perfect fit here.. you can trade Rasmus, JPA and another prospect for Dickey and you got yourself the best lineup in baseball and a top 3 rotation

    If i'm Rogers and I know im making tonnes of money, its a no-brainer for me

    The Dome would be filled with 40k every night no problem

    getting an extra 10000 to the stadium everynight gets you 40+ million extra profit and thats not mentioning possible playoffs games
    Individual players dont draw fans to the dome, only winning will do that. This city has had megastars in Clemens,Halladay and Bautista over the years and they didn't help change the attendance. Even if they did sign Hamilton, if the team is losing next year, it won't make a difference.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    he would be a perfect fit here.. You can trade rasmus, jpa and another prospect for dickey and you got yourself the best lineup in baseball and a top 3 rotation

    if i'm rogers and i know im making tonnes of money, its a no-brainer for me

    the dome would be filled with 40k every night no problem

    getting an extra 10000 to the stadium everynight gets you 40+ million extra profit and thats not mentioning possible playoffs games
    hell no on dickey!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •