Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 130

Thread: Upton

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    at 24 he is very much a prospect. there are 27 year olds still considered prospects

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    His BB rate is flat out awful.
    I agree there. It's the same disease Andy Oliver has.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    I agree there. It's the same disease Andy Oliver has.
    That's Daniel Shlereths problem too, as well as Trevor Bauer that everyone seems to want so bad from Arizona.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    That's Daniel Shlereths problem too, as well as Trevor Bauer that everyone seems to want so bad from Arizona.
    The main reason I want Baurer is to replace the loss of Jacob Turner. If we're not going to resign Sanchez then acquiring Baurer in an Upton deal would be a solid acquisition. Nice trading chip also if need be.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    The main reason I want Baurer is to replace the loss of Jacob Turner. If we're not going to resign Sanchez then acquiring Baurer in an Upton deal would be a solid acquisition. Nice trading chip also if need be.
    Bauer has a lot of potential and all, but he hasn't been able to throw strikes since he got out of college. I also don't think the DBacks are just going to throw him into a deal, we are going to have to make it worth their while to add him.

    Personally, Putz is the only guy on Arizona that I want, Upton is nice but not worth what we would have to give up in all likelyhood. If we're going to deal our top 4 trade pieces right now in Castellanos, Smyly, Porcello and Garcia, I would rather fill all of our holes with solid to good players while doing so, something like what Toronto just did but without the salaries because we would be giving up better players/prospects.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    1500
    I think with peralta added that would allow us to hold onto smyly. Garcia, nick c, Porcello, and peralta honestly should be able to land us Upton, Baurer, and putz. Id still like to see another bullpen arm and starting pitcher brought in. Dan haren ? Jonathon broxton? And obviously a ss. Although I see better options via trade. Dee Gordon has solid range and arguably the best base stealing threat in baseball. I think trading boesch or berry could get us dee Gordon and javy guerra from the dodgers.

    1cf Austin Jackson
    2 LF tori hunter
    3 3b Miguel Cabrera
    4 1b prince fielder
    5 rf Justin Upton
    6 dh victor Martinez
    7 c Alex Avila
    8 2b Omar infante
    9 ss dee Gordon


    1 Justin verlander
    2 max sherzer
    3 Doug foster
    4 Dan haren
    5 drew smyly

    Phil coke, downs, rondon, alberquerque, Benoit, broxton, guerra, Dotel,

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500

    Great Trade?

    Justin Upton has a lot of talent and is a legit MVP contender, but you cannot forget that in three years Garcia and Castellanos will most likely be the same and maybe even better. I would rather have the tigers going out and trading for Giancarlo Stanton. He has power, speed, and everything and also he is even younger than Upton. So how about Castellanos,Porcello, and Smyly for Stanton. Any thoughts? By the way it won't be too tough for Dave Dombrowski to pull this trade off since has done so many with the Marlins organization.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    holland MI
    Posts
    970
    vCash
    500
    I read on the main page that the marlins are already looking to move escobar. I wonder if we have called on getting him. I would love a stanton n escobar trade.
    Max Scherzer season stats

    blue eyes - 1

    brown eyes - 1

    wins

    losses

    KOs

    BB

    WHIP

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    Justin Upton has a lot of talent and is a legit MVP contender, but you cannot forget that in three years Garcia and Castellanos will most likely be the same and maybe even better. I would rather have the tigers going out and trading for Giancarlo Stanton. He has power, speed, and everything and also he is even younger than Upton. So how about Castellanos,Porcello, and Smyly for Stanton. Any thoughts? By the way it won't be too tough for Dave Dombrowski to pull this trade off since has done so many with the Marlins organization.
    I would say keep Smyly and throw in Garcia if you're going after Stanton. Miami needs some OF and Porcello would turn into their #3 probably. I'm sure they'd jump all over it.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I read on the main page that the marlins are already looking to move escobar. I wonder if we have called on getting him. I would love a stanton n escobar trade.
    I'd only want Escobar if we flipped him to another team. Horrible in the clubhouse and its not like he would be an upgrade. Peralta is the better hitter and probably better on d. I'd love Stanton behind Fielder. As a pitcher, I wouldn't get much sleep the night before knowing I had to face Miggy, Prince, Stanton the next night. lol

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah that would be scary. Okay it's settled then. Now we need to let Dombrowski know that he should go trade for Stanton. Then we should also go and sign Zack Greinke instead of Sanchez. And then put Rondon at closer. I wish Dombrowski would just make another one of his big moves. I'm also glad we got Torii Hunter. He's gonna actually make our team a little more happy and excited during games. They were always so tense last year. And vmart better be good next season; no pressure though lol. But don't get me wrong I would still love to have Upton for the right price.
    Last edited by DL1018; 11-24-2012 at 11:49 AM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    Justin Upton has a lot of talent and is a legit MVP contender, but you cannot forget that in three years Garcia and Castellanos will most likely be the same and maybe even better. I would rather have the tigers going out and trading for Giancarlo Stanton. He has power, speed, and everything and also he is even younger than Upton. So how about Castellanos,Porcello, and Smyly for Stanton. Any thoughts? By the way it won't be too tough for Dave Dombrowski to pull this trade off since has done so many with the Marlins organization.
    We need to win now. were built to win now. Why are we so worried about guys who "could be' future stars. Trade for help now

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    286
    vCash
    1500
    No way we have enough to get Stanton keep dreaming guys

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't mind snagging Upton.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    So how about Castellanos,Porcello, and Smyly for Stanton.
    If that occurred, what (2) current 40-man Tiger players would occupy the #4 and #5 starters roles?
    Talk about leaving some serious holes on this Tigers 25-man roster. OMG!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •