Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Upton

vCash
    Drew is a Boras client
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Drew is a Boras client
    In Drews situation, I think the only thing Boras will effect is how late he gets signed. They will try to hold off for a longer and more lucrative deal, but at the end of the day I see us giving him the same deal Guthrie just got, around 3yrs $25 million. I doubt anybody else will go longer than that or for more money, but we will just have to be patient which sucks.

vCash
    According to D Knobler:

DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
    Interesting market for Stephen Drew, with Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox interested, @JonHeymanCBS reports. http://cbsprt.co/QWzNku

vCash
    If we could somehow get upton and cabrerra in a 3 team deal sending peralta, castellanos, garcia and whatever else that would be crazy.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    If we could somehow get upton and cabrerra in a 3 team deal sending peralta, castellanos, garcia and whatever else that would be crazy.
    Don't forget JJ Putz

vCash
    Upton isn't happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    Upton isn't happening
    beause.........?

vCash
    Upton isn't/shouldn't happen because it's pointless.

Why give up the farm for a guy we don't need. The OF is fine now, maybe a cheaper righty bat to platoon with Dirks until Garcia is ready but don't need to give up a prospects or lot of money for an OF. Yes, Upton has crazy high potential still and an MVP caliber season but hasn't done it again and all his power is at Chase Field.

IMO, I got no problem dealing Castellanos at all, I would just like to see them grab a stud SS if we're gonna trade our top prospects.

vCash
    Could not agree more!

vCash
    Yeah thats why I also wanted asdrubal. I like that guy and the indians have traded within the division before. But to get both him and upton our farm would truly be empty. Although asdrubal and upton are both pretty young.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    It would be impossible to get both Cabrera and Upton. I wouldn't mind trading for just Cabrera though.

Maybe:
    Castellanos, Porcello, Crosby and Berry
    for
    Cabrera and Perez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    It would be impossible to get both Cabrera and Upton. I wouldn't mind trading for just Cabrera though.

Maybe:
    Castellanos, Porcello, Crosby and Berry
    for
    Cabrera and Perez
    I don't think we would have to trade NC in that deal, Crosby and Berry are junk, and Perez dogged out Detroit so I doubt we make a trade for him. Also, Porcello already makes too much money for Cleveland.

vCash
    Crosby is not junk. When was the last time Toledo and Erie were any good defending Casey? Both Erie and Toledo have struggled to keep their heads above water for 4-5 years now.

That's like saying Porcello is junk. The Tigers infield defense was one of MLB's worst. Sure that's going to hamper stats of a groundball pitcher.

Crosby is not destined for Detroit this season, but he certainly isn't junk.

vCash
    To get a SS that's any good and worth having is certainly going to cost giving up Castellanos. Berry, Crosby and Porcello are needs that CLE could use. They need another SP and don't have many LHP that are any good. I agree about Berry, I'm not a fan and hope he gets traded, but they need OF depth (especially if they trade Choo).

Plus, they are re-building so would be perfect. Porcello isn't that expensive, then they get their future 3B and 2 more pieces at a VERY cheap rate. Only Porcello makes over a mil. I'm sure they'd be willing to take a proven SP at $4M (if he gets the raise in arb.) in order to solidify the their future a little more and add depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Crosby is not junk. When was the last time Toledo and Erie were any good defending Casey? Both Erie and Toledo have struggled to keep their heads above water for 4-5 years now.

That's like saying Porcello is junk. The Tigers infield defense was one of MLB's worst. Sure that's going to hamper stats of a groundball pitcher.

Crosby is not destined for Detroit this season, but he certainly isn't junk.
    I'm talking about trade value, but at 24 he is really no longer a prospect, and the defense behind him might help, but so would throwing strikes. His BB rate is flat out awful.
    Last edited by sc8581; 11-22-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast