Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Upton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by melissag View Post
    The Tigers are intent on making JV and Miggy career Tigers, along with Prince (that's why he was added) Those 3 should be retiring as Tigers and Miggy and JV for sure will be wearing the old english D heading into Cooperstown. I'm sure that with a couple of WS titles Prince will be going there too, I just don't see him as a cut and dry 1st ballot like the other 2. Sure they could probably get a couple of stop-gaps for Miggy or JV but plugging holes to make new ones isn't really a good idea. The Tigers are a force because of those 2 players, both players have the ability to turn it on enough to win games almost by themselves. Their presence creates enough intimidation to scare other clubs. Why would you even think of getting rid of that. Mr Ilitch wants a championship, maybe a couple. I'm sure his kids are willing to continue that belief for years to come. He did so much for the Wings for so long, it's his Tigers' turn to go on the 20 year playoff streak and those 2 are the biggest part of that thinking.
    I'm not saying I want to get rid of any of those guys you mentioned or anything like that, but I do think it's bad practice to consider anyone untouchable, regardless of how much talent they have. I would be open to trading anyone on the Tigers roster if the right package was offered and it made us a better team.

vCash
    Beltre is already a better overall player than Cabrera, no way would Texas give up Andrus as well unless we threw in Castellanos or maybe Scherzer.

vCash
    i'd bet you could get Andrus and Beltre +prospect for Miggy and Porcello...no GM would ever trade Miggy for beltre lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    i'd bet you could get Andrus and Beltre +prospect for Miggy and Porcello...no GM would ever trade Miggy for beltre lol
    Beltre is 4 years older so obviously not.

vCash
    Beltre doesn't mash in larger ball parks so his numbers are aided by that small launching pad he hits in now. I wouldn't trade Miggy for that package.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    I am completely fine with this trade except I would want to keep Garcia and if Arizona trades us JJ Putz, I would have no idea swapping out Garcia and including Rondon instead if that would get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Beltre is already a better overall player than Cabrera, no way would Texas give up Andrus as well unless we threw in Castellanos or maybe Scherzer.
    I am so glad you're not a GM.

vCash
    Originally Posted by sc8581

I think what you are trying to say is that Cabrera is the best hitting 3B in baseball and plays average defense and that Beltre is easily the best defensive 3B in baseball and is an exceptional hitter. I agree with this but you don't trade Cabrera for Beltre for a multitude of reasons...most importantly Cabrera is the best hitter in baseball, FACT.

These types of discussions always lead to Fielder being a better trade candidate for the Tigers to move...which begs the question we all continually ask, "Why get Fielder in the first place?"

vCash
    Fielders contract makes him one of the most untradeable players in all of baseball.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Originally Posted by sc8581

I think what you are trying to say is that Cabrera is the best hitting 3B in baseball and plays average defense and that Beltre is easily the best defensive 3B in baseball and is an exceptional hitter. I agree with this but you don't trade Cabrera for Beltre for a multitude of reasons...most importantly Cabrera is the best hitter in baseball, FACT.

These types of discussions always lead to Fielder being a better trade candidate for the Tigers to move...which begs the question we all continually ask, "Why get Fielder in the first place?"
    DD obviously doesn't value defense as much as every other GM in baseball, we could have signed a guy like Adam LaRoche or Carlos Pena for a year and we would be in a much better position now. The only reason I wouldn't trade Cabrera for Beltre straight up though is because of age, it's that simple to me.

vCash
    are you guys kidding me? if beltre and cabrera were the same age? you would take beltre? are you ****ing nuts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    are you guys kidding me? if beltre and cabrera were the same age? you would take beltre? are you ****ing nuts?
    Agreed. No way in hell Beltre is as good as Miggy, no matter at which age.

vCash
    I'm assuming you guys love Peralta at SS as well huh? Foolish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I'm assuming you guys love Peralta at SS as well huh? Foolish
    It's even more foolish to say Beltre is better then Miggy. Also, Peralta is still one of the better offensive SS in baseball. I'm also more inclined to favor offense more then defense like DD does.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    You're bringing in Peralta while we argue about Beltre and Cabrera? Foolish. I don't like Peralta at SS as much as some, but he isn't THE BEST HITTER IN THE ****ING LEAGUE

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast