Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDawg View Post
    Give this man his due. He's on pace for 4700 yards this season, which would be an Oakland QB record. What more would you want in a QB?

RushNFL even said ''Palmer is one of the best QBs of the year''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdpO...ature=youtu.be
    How about wins? Jeff George threw for over 4000 yds with raiders,That year we were 4-12. Passing yds is a deceiving stat because you throw a lot more when behind. I'm not saying Palmer is not a good qb, but you have to keep things in perspective. The main thing is we need a defense who can tackle and pass defend. We also need an offensive line who can block well, as well as a run blocking scheme that works,like what we had last year. We need to trade Rm,Da,and knapp for Hue Jackson. Also get rid of tarver for anybody...also we need to trade dmac,mcclain, for draft choices. Maybe package dmac,palmer for tebow and draft picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    How about wins? Jeff George threw for over 4000 yds with raiders,That year we were 4-12. Passing yds is a deceiving stat because you throw a lot more when behind. I'm not saying Palmer is not a good qb, but you have to keep things in perspective. The main thing is we need a defense who can tackle and pass defend. We also need an offensive line who can block well, as well as a run blocking scheme that works,like what we had last year. We need to trade Rm,Da,and knapp for Hue Jackson. Also get rid of tarver for anybody...also we need to trade dmac,mcclain, for draft choices. Maybe package dmac,palmer for tebow and draft picks.
    die

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    How about wins? Jeff George threw for over 4000 yds with raiders,That year we were 4-12. Passing yds is a deceiving stat because you throw a lot more when behind. I'm not saying Palmer is not a good qb, but you have to keep things in perspective. The main thing is we need a defense who can tackle and pass defend. We also need an offensive line who can block well, as well as a run blocking scheme that works,like what we had last year. We need to trade Rm,Da,and knapp for Hue Jackson. Also get rid of tarver for anybody...also we need to trade dmac,mcclain, for draft choices.

vCash
    George had 3,917 yards passing in 1997. The difference between the two in my opinions is Carson's leadership. George would be having a full blown meltdown over the lack of playmaking in the WR corps. Carson keeps grinding and taking the heat, like a good leader should.

vCash
    Carson is not a clutch QB, that is his biggest burden. He can throw for 5000yds, but if he struggles to throw clutch passes in crucial times,he will always be considered the QB that is," good enough for now".

Also, Denarius is dropping one key pass a game, that has to end also.

vCash
    Thats exactly what Palmer is, good. Not great. Not a difference maker. He's Kerry Collins/Vinny Testeverde. Keep him clean and put some very catchable balls in some very tight spots. But when the **** hits the fan, he's not going to be able to improvise.

And Moore is yet another kid who the starving Raider nation has deemed a star without merit. He still needs a little time to grow as a player.

-Stork

vCash
    Palmer has enough to take the team all the way IMO.

Problem is, he needs a running game, an OL to protect him, and a defense to make stops when he sails. I see no reason to move Palmer, and he is the leader of this team with a young WR unit. The WR's do not fit the scheme either, but I dig CP3 in the WCO as it minimizes his mistakes IMO. We need bigger WR's, and guys that don't drop balls. For every complaint about our lack of red zone offense, there is a dropped ball in the end zone....

Palmer should be the least of our worries, and the guy to groom our next QB.

vCash
    Where the hell is Criner at? He had a nice catch and run. He would be a nice big target for Palmer.

Why aren't we putting our back-ups in? I want to see Criner & Taiwan.

vCash
    Carson sucks. Pryor needs to be installed and beast mode executed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Carson sucks. Pryor needs to be installed and beast mode executed.
    So pretty much you're done with reality and you're just going to be ridiculous?

-Stork

vCash
    What would you do?

Its not as though Allen has to answer to the Coca Cola Company.

vCash
    Lol, if I were in charge, Pryor would be running routes.

-Stork

vCash
    its a good thing ur not in charge, pryor should get playing time at qb by seasons end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    George had 3,917 yards passing in 1997. The difference between the two in my opinions is Carson's leadership. George would be having a full blown meltdown over the lack of playmaking in the WR corps. Carson keeps grinding and taking the heat, like a good leader should.
    The original post was about total yds, nothing more. Granted Carson is a better team player and leader, but it still comes down to wins. As I stated we need much improvement accross the whole team..thus the idea of trading palmer,dmac,etc for tebow(who is a winner), but more important an extra 2-4 draft picks to build the whole team. As was evidenced the last two weeks, it does not matter how many yards carson throws for when our defense gives up twice as many yds,whether it be by ground or air.

vCash
    I am pulling for stats at this point. I want Carson to reach 5,000 yards and 30 TDs. I want Denarius to reach 1,000 yards and 10 TDs. I want Myers to reach 900 yards and 5 TDs. Shoot, if we can't win, at least put up some pretty numbers.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast