Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    i am well aware of their players. Thomas and Decker are very good recievers as well as Willis is a very serviceable running back. Throw in a decent tight end and guys like Ryan Clady a top LT in the game anchoring the line they have some players

vCash
    [
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 11-10-2012 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'm sorry....did you really just ask what we could possibly want more than a single season yardage record? Does anyone really give a **** about yardage records?

I'd rather have wins and a title.

-Stork
    Its a process. Baby steps here. In 5 to 7 years this will all come together. All we have to do is totally get rid of all current players and replace them with new players that fit RM's and Allen's system.

just messin......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Its a process. Baby steps here. In 5 to 7 years this will all come together. All we have to do is totally get rid of all current players and replace them with new players that fit RM's and Allen's system.

just messin......
    I was like, "5-7 years" ?? Is this dude serious?? lol Dogdaddy

AJ

vCash
    palmer's not a guy to rest on his laurels. he's proven that every time he shoulders the responsibility for a loss as he did after the falcons and bucs game. it's easy to sit here and say 'if he's not winning games, he's worthless,' but that's not how football works. if he was really really bad, that would be yet another position we have to worry about in the next off-season. as it is, i'm 100% fine keeping him for a few more years while we get our crap together everywhere else on the team. let's not address qb until we have to. he's playing extremely well in the system, has a great repoire with myers and moore and even dhb. palmer is the brightest spot on the offense and the only reason we've done as well when we've done well and most times the only reason our close losses have been close. he's much more valuable than a 1 year rental and we need to resign him asap. not 5-7 years, but i can see a 2-3 year deal to bridge the gap between half-al/half-reggie team to full-blown reggie team.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 11-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post

just messin......
    Shame...outside of exaggerating the time needed to turn things around, you were starting to make sense.

-Stork

vCash
    dnt care about yards if other important stats are lacking. What i care about is completion percentage(which he's ranked 20th in the league in), ypa(ranked 20th), hes doing pretty average on touchdowns as well as he has 13 on pace for 26, and he has too many picks. yards come after all those stats for me, being good in all those and throwing alot of yards is what makes you a beast. Now next year in FA sign an RT and greg jennings. Get rid of guys like seymour, kelly, dhb, dmc to have space for them. For the position carsons been in hes been doing pretty good. However, guys like Rogers, Eli, Peyton, brady, you can throw in Brees(most of it is due to the situation and having the worst defense in the history of the nfl, which is a fact) will have us in better position. Kind of ****ed up to compare him to them but we gave up a 1st and 2nd so that is elite qb package and we don't have an elite qb.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'm sorry....did you really just ask what we could possibly want more than a single season yardage record? Does anyone really give a **** about yardage records?

I'd rather have wins and a title.

-Stork
    THIS RIGHT HERE. Totally agree with Stork. Yeah, Palmer throws the ball for a lot of yards this year...who cares when the offense can't score a damn TD in the redzone, plays for FG's, and eventually loses the games. Palmer will get the franchise record with a 5-11 record... (I'm hoping not that bad of a record, but I was at the Bucs game...what a sad performance by the defense...and very inconsistent offensive play).

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

vCash
    Considering how many seasons going back to as far as I can remember of not having a proven passer or any kind of longterm stability at the QB position, I'll take it.

But that said, the only stat that would impress me is the ratio of TDs to INTs. If only he had 4 times as many TDs as INTs.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Considering how many seasons going back to as far as I can remember of not having a proven passer or any kind of longterm stability at the QB position, I'll take it.

But that said, the only stat that would impress me is the ratio of TDs to INTs. If only he had 4 times as many TDs as INTs.
    I really like Palmer, but he doesn't offer "long-term" stability.

He's an excellent short-term solution, but how long can we count on him lasting?

I like what he brings to the table, but I really hope Reggie is formulating a succession plan. That's just my two cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

He's an excellent short-term solution, but how long can we count on him lasting?

I like what he brings to the table, but I really hope Reggie is formulating a succession plan. That's just my two cents.
    He will be, those are Reggie's two cents....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    He will be, those are Reggie's two cents....
    Yup! Palmer isn't going anywhere, in fact I see him retiring as a Raider.

vCash
    361yds more today, too bad the team is so bad...

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    most of his yards dont mean anything.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Palmer oughta be good for two years at least. Forget drafting a QB this year, next year. Gotta see Pryor more before wasting a pick when Raiders already used a 1st and 2nd on Palmer.

The guy needs a big receiver who can catch the damn football.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast