Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Carson Palmer can break every Raider record in the book, after his stay is over and the team goes 32 - 63 then what does it mean ? absolutely nothing.

Palmer has been on losing teams 93% of his career, the validation is concrete that winning and Palmer are strangers. We also concede he won`t be heading to Canton.

The Oakland Raiders will ride glory down the road for certain, it`s unlikely the current roster will have Raiders jerseys when success arrives.

This isn`t bashing, it`s the reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Carson Palmer can break every Raider record in the book, after his stay is over and the team goes 32 - 63 then what does it mean ? absolutely nothing.

Palmer has been on losing teams 93% of his career, the validation is concrete that winning and Palmer are strangers. We also concede he won`t be heading to Canton.

The Oakland Raiders will ride glory down the road for certain, it`s unlikely the current roster will have Raiders jerseys when success arrives.

In all fairness to Palmer, this ain't Cincy and he's not Russell, we actually care about winning. Let's see where the guy can take us....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    You can tell how much it hurts CP3 to lose.

I'd hate to think where we'd be without him.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Hope tj helps him out this weekend

vCash

Such things were once said about Jim Plunkett.

vCash
    Big ****ing deal... I think a guy named Jeff George also threw for 4,000+ yds with us and had 30 TDs.

How many WINS did we have that season? 5, 5 measly wins. Stats are meaningless without the wins.

I remember always being mad at Plunkett bc he use to throw lots of interceptions, but he was also "clutch" in all the right moments getting those come-from-behind victories. We use to steal wins in the last 2 minutes; those were the days...

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Let's not forget that no matter how great a QB is, he still needs a good team around him to win consistently. We don't have that and it's not his fault.

vCash
    Did we forget how Palmer didn't cost us the game against the bucs??? Or the falcons? Sure he threw the picks. However our D sucks plain and simple. It's pathetic. So no I won't blame Palmer even if most of you hate on him. offensively we can put up points, defensively we can't stop my old high school team and they sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Such things were once said about Jim Plunkett.
    THIS!!!!! Not comparing the 2 by any means but damn have some faith people! This organization has been in shambles since the SB. We're FINALLY on the right road. Baby steps!
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Let's not forget that no matter how great a QB is, he still needs a good team around him to win consistently. We don't have that and it's not his fault.
    I don`t believe this is the case, the Broncos are going to travel very far with Peyton Manning, he`s surrounded with unheard of offensive players.

Manning has no problem creating long drives while the defense sits on the bench, making him the best defensive player as well.

Palmer lacks numerous abilities to join any conversation with the big boys. Defensively the team is lost and it would be in Palmers best interest for very long clock killing drives, however this isn`t in his blood.

Oakland doesn`t have a very good team at this point, the next 2 weeks is the season. Oakland manages to creep to 5 - 5 then they are in the discussion of hope, if they drop to 3 - 7 then its 1 more loss before the lights are out.

Yes a good team is in need, let me correct that.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 11-09-2012 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    I don`t believe this is the case, the Broncos are going to travel very far with Peyton Manning, he`s surrounded with unheard of offensive players.

Manning has no problem creating long drives while the defense sits on the bench, making him the best defensive player as well.

Palmer lacks numerous abilities to join any conversation with the big boys. Defensively the team is lost and it would be in Palmers best interest for very long clock killing drives, however this isn`t in his blood.

Oakland doesn`t have a very good team at this point, the next 2 weeks is the season. Oakland manages to creep to 5 - 5 then they are in the discussion of hope, if they drop to 3 - 7 then its 1 more loss before the lights are out.
    Way off... the broncos won the division and a playoff game with tebow who is arguably one of the worst qbs to start. They must have some talent right? Or is peyton only a little better than tebow?

vCash
    A qb deff needs talent to win it all is what im saying .... or is Marino one of the biggest busts of all time? Johnson beat is in the SB so he was by far better than than Marino

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Way off... the broncos won the division and a playoff game with tebow who is arguably one of the worst qbs to start. They must have some talent right? Or is peyton only a little better than tebow?
    This is the NFL, the best players in the world therefore every team has talent. The problem is the teams fail to execute due to injury or same page malfunctions.

Can you name Denver Bronco offensive players without looking them up? I hardly doubt it except for maybe a couple former Colt players.

The best qb`s can adapt nicely, Manning was gone for an entire season plus.

We live with excuses in every phase of the game, don`t you think it`s getting rather old ?

vCash
    not only baby steps, but we're heading in the right direction. carson has surprised a lot of us in here. even in games when he threw a late interception, we were only in the game to begin with because of him. we'd be winless without carson. until we get firmly entrenched in reggie's system and aren't rebuilding any more, i think we'd be very very stupid to part ways with carson. as long as he's producing (yes, yards... he's doing his part) he should play in the silver and black.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash

Yes a good team is in need, let me correct that.
    Frim, I don't understand why you keep saying Manning has "unheard of" players. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean no one else has.

Thomas and Decker are two of the best receivers in the league. Decker was producing even with Tebow as QB and Thomas was a 1st round pick who was a very good WR in college and is finally healthy. He's playing at the level that most expected him to. Manning has a very very good offensive line that keeps his jersey clean and actually makes holes for the RB's. They have two TE's that would immediately be starters on our team, and they have a respectable rushing attack to take some of the load off of Manning's shoulders. Enough with the claims that he doesn't have good weapons because the truth is he does. I'm not trying to take anything away from Manning. He is a great QB and always has been. But he's not producing with scraps as you're making it seem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast