Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

McFadden expected back this week

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--we...ng-streak.html

Aside from getting blown out again, Oakland is facing a brutal situation with running back Darren McFadden, who was unable to play Sunday because of a sprained ankle. McFadden is expected to be back next week, but is not having anything close to the performance he had in 2010, when he averaged 5.3 yards per carry. He is set to be a free agent after the 2013 season. McFadden is averaging only 3.3 yards this season because the Raiders have primarily played a zone-blocking system that simply doesn't work for him. Two weeks ago, McFadden, at the urging of owner Mark Davis, talked to the coaches about the situation, according to a source familiar with the circumstances. The coaches went back to a more favorable system and McFadden responded with 114 yards against Kansas City before getting hurt the next game against Tampa Bay. If the Raiders are going to maximize McFadden's ability, they need to change the offense. If not, they would be better off trading him in the offseason.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post

Aside from getting blown out again, Oakland is facing a brutal situation with running back Darren McFadden, who was unable to play Sunday because of a sprained ankle. McFadden is expected to be back next week, but is not having anything close to the performance he had in 2010, when he averaged 5.3 yards per carry. He is set to be a free agent after the 2013 season. McFadden is averaging only 3.3 yards this season because the Raiders have primarily played a zone-blocking system that simply doesn't work for him. Two weeks ago, McFadden, at the urging of owner Mark Davis, talked to the coaches about the situation, according to a source familiar with the circumstances. The coaches went back to a more favorable system and McFadden responded with 114 yards against Kansas City before getting hurt the next game against Tampa Bay. If the Raiders are going to maximize McFadden's ability, they need to change the offense. If not, they would be better off trading him in the offseason.
    Its great that he is able to go...but it wont change much...offense still will be flat...and Defense...well who knows whats going on with them...

vCash
    The biggest part of this story is the fact that he went to Mark Davis about it and then the coaches.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    The biggest part of this story is the fact that he went to Mark Davis about it and then the coaches.
    Agreed. Thats something that his father would have encouraged.

I don't like it one bit if its true.

vCash
    I would rather see Knapp leave then Mcfadden !
    Raiders never should of hired that guy..
    Its Funny how allot of us fans knew it wasn't going to work but the Owner and GM didn't.

change that system and lets get rolling again.

vCash
    I'll believe McFadden is ready to play when I actually see McFadden play. He has a habit of lingering on the sidelines in civvies.

And yeah, its not a good thing that he's going outside the chain of command. If its true, they should get that straightened out immediately.

-Stork

vCash
    My first reaction was less then positive - Mark Davis shouldn't be getting involved, IMO.

But, then again, if Davis told McFadden to go to the coaches, it's already an improvement. Players would go to Al, and Al would go to coaches... here we see the way things are supposed to work.

Davis tells McFadden to talk to his coaches. McFadden talks to his coaches. Assuming no involvement from Mark towards the coaches, this is how an organization is supposed to work.

We'll see if things work themselves out. Until we hear more about players going outside the chain of command - or that Mark is giving orders to coaches - we shouldn't assume it's the same 'ole same 'ole.

vCash
    mcfadden went to mark because he knows reggie is going to be sending his *** packing this off season.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Where does it say that Mcfadden went the Mark Davis first and then to the coaches??

Mark Davis urged him to talk to the coaches and thats exactly what Mcfadden did? I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm happy that Mark Davis is seeing his star running back not being used correctly and wanted DMC to say something to the coaches.

It's not like DMC went behind the teams back and complained to the owner about the system.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...raiders-19.gif-"Any time he comes to my area or Georges area to catch a ball his goin to get hit and his goin to get hit hard because his done alot of mouthing off personal i think his more interested in being an annoucer then a football player" - Jack Tatum

vCash
    Let him rest for 1 more week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders-SJ View Post
    I would rather see Knapp leave then Mcfadden !
    Raiders never should of hired that guy..
    Its Funny how allot of us fans knew it wasn't going to work but the Owner and GM didn't.

change that system and lets get rolling again.
    It's funny how many in here believe they know more than McKennzie an Allen to determine that it's Knapp and not the lack of players. Is Knapp to blame for the dropped passes or int's ?. ZBS aside when Palmer utilizes the "hurry-up" who's offense is he running.........I believe it's Knapps offense. We need the right players for this offense and right now we have a handful and McFadden isn't one of them. It doesn't matter which system we run it's not gonnaget us where we need to be unless we have the right players to make it work. This team will look waaaay different next year...trust me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets4Life View Post
    Where does it say that Mcfadden went the Mark Davis first and then to the coaches??

Mark Davis urged him to talk to the coaches and thats exactly what Mcfadden did? I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm happy that Mark Davis is seeing his star running back not being used correctly and wanted DMC to say something to the coaches.

It's not like DMC went behind the teams back and complained to the owner about the system.

we have a winner for the 2012 raiders forum "not reading what you want into a quote award".

it gets worse every day....

and the issues with the run game appears to me (watching tiny little Crevaces being opened that people are complaining "why didnt he twister his way through that!!") to be a complete failure of the interior line to win battles in the blocking game.

Breisel and Carlisle stink, and Wis isnt as dominant at center as he was effective as a guard.
    Tackles are great for counters,and pass protection.If your interior line sucks..you dont have a chance in the run game.

vCash
    Yet Marcel Reece, a man without a position managed 48 yards on 13 carries....which was equal to, or even better than most of McFadden's season.

Nope, it could never be McFadden's fault. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for...ignore the man behind the curtain.

Are we there yet?

-Stork

vCash
    Anyone else disgusted with our "not so" special teams? That absolutely turned the tide in Baltimore.

vCash

Not sure having Mcfadden back makes a difference if he's still running into walls. At this point best case scenario might be for Mcf to play well the rest of the season just to up his trade value. Not sure Reggie wants to chance another year of Mcfadden possibly being a beast.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 11-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast