Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    vCash
    Michael Silver of Yahoo sports interviewed Scott Shanle after the game and he said that during pregame drills, the Falcons players were coming over and screwing with Curtis Lofton. Vilma went over to the Falcons coaches (who said nothing) and accused them of being classless.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Michael Silver of Yahoo sports interviewed Scott Shanle after the game and he said that during pregame drills, the Falcons players were coming over and screwing with Curtis Lofton. Vilma went over to the Falcons coaches (who said nothing) and accused them of being classless.
    Good! This Saints Falcons rivalry needs to get more attention cause its pretty damn good. Thread idea.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    How many rivalries in the NFL are as good as this one? I think all the NFC East rivalries are overrated, so don't bother mentioning them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    How many rivalries in the NFL are as good as this one? I think all the NFC East rivalries are overrated, so don't bother mentioning them.
    Ravens-Steelers and Bears-Packers. Colts-Patriots before last year
    Last edited by neovenator250; 11-12-2012 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    That's about all I could come up with, too.

vCash
    That's about all I could come up with, too.
    Some people would probably try to come up with Denver vs Chargers or Raiders, but Oakland hasn't been good in a long time and the Chargers haven't been relevant for a few years so I don't think any of that is good enough.

vCash
    Btw, I don't think we talked about Charles Brown enough. Maybe the kid is finally coming into his own, that was a solid game.

- Playing at right tackle for the injured Zach Strief, Charles Brown (+2.3) was the Saints’ highest graded lineman and surrendered just one pressure in pass protection.

That's from ProFootballFocus. I don't remember John Abraham getting any pressure, nor Biermann. We all said depth at OT was a big issue, if Brown pans out, maybe we don't have to take one really high in the draft, let's hope he keeps this up
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Btw, I don't think we talked about Charles Brown enough. Maybe the kid is finally coming into his own, that was a solid game.

- Playing at right tackle for the injured Zach Strief, Charles Brown (+2.3) was the Saintsí highest graded lineman and surrendered just one pressure in pass protection.

That's from ProFootballFocus. I don't remember John Abraham getting any pressure, nor Biermann. We all said depth at OT was a big issue, if Brown pans out, maybe we don't have to take one really high in the draft, let's hope he keeps this up
    Yea great point cause I was going to mention that in the other thread when I said we may go defense first in the draft because our Offense line included just continues to find ways to be elite. If it were me and I know it was only one game but I would feel good with drafting defense first and foremost. We get a defense with this Offense and we may be looking at a Dynasty type run.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Thank the game plan, too. The Saints get by with inferior OTs when they have balance in their playcalling.

vCash
    Thank the game plan, too. The Saints get by with inferior OTs when they have balance in their playcalling.
    True dat because Ben Grubbs coming to the Saints was known to be more a Run blocker if Im not mistaken. Its good to have a steel wall for passing but I for one certainly will give a little pass blocking to gain a little better run blocking.

As much as its said that this is a passing league and it is.

I personally still believe that a solid Defense and Run game will take a team further 8 times out of 10.

I think we can easily say Offensively we are winning more due to the run balance.

But also maybe it gets lost in the sauce that by running the ball increases Offensive time of possession which gives our Defense more time to be fresh and even to gameplan during games on where they maybe need adjustments.

Kinda sucks when as a Defense you run to the sideline to huddle up on where you went wrong and before you can even discuss things you're needed back on the field cause we just went 3 and out on passes or even if we are throwing 70 yard TDs but that situation is better cause it makes the other team on dimensional which alleviates part of the threat to the defensive gameplan.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    And the Saints still lost the time of possession battle by 5 minutes. Offense can still score quickly even when we run more.

vCash
    And the Saints still lost the time of possession battle by 5 minutes. Offense can still score quickly even when we run more.
    I think there is a threshold where the T.O.P is adequate enough to win. Not considering games where we score like we did on the Colts last season and then T.O.P has little affect on the game.

But without question Time of possession is a misleading stat by itself without examining the details of the game. When I checked our Time of Possession this season its been pretty even except for the Chiefs game we had the ball 42 mins and lost
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash

vCash
    God, I hate the Falcons. Was about to post this when I saw you had already, AJ

vCash
    Little punk *****. Thankfully, they'll only be around for one week after the season ends.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast