Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    He's not similar to Romney in any way as far as I can tell other than they are both Mormon Republicans.

vCash
    He's not similar to Romney, but the GOP didn't get dealt a big enough blow to go as close to the center as Huntsman is. As a liberal, I'd love to see Huntsman get some more serious attention, but he's still an outlier in that party. I think he's ahead of his party's time in regards to many social issues and he doesn't hate science, so that's awesome!

He's just a reasonable guy...and there's little room for that in politics these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    Democratic canidate pres and vp: Clinton and Obama's good friend Mass Gov Deval Patrick
    Republican Canidate pres and vp: Allen West and Marco Rubio
    Hillary and Patrick are very possible. Hillary, I believe, is a lock for the democrats.

Derval Patrick is an extremely dynamic individual. He was by far the best speaker at either convention.

My opinion of Hillary has changed over the years. She might be the brightest person in the democratic party. Additionally, I do not think she cares much for Obama.

Allen West and Marco would be an interesting ticket but unlikely since both are from Florida. That will never happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I know its early but whatever. You have to give your nomination for the Democratic Nominee and Republican Nominee. You can only give one nominee for each party and can't be stuck between two.

My Predictions
    Julian Castro(D)
    vs
    Marco Rubio(R)

I believe the Republicans will come out with a younger guy who can relate to a demographic they consistently lose in a landside, the democrats will do the same because it will be very hard to beat that.
    Has a mayor ever gotten a nomination??? I can't think of any.

vCash
    Jeb Bush will never get the nomination. If he should, he will never win. The country is bushed out. He should have run before his brother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Ventura running for President would be... pathetically hilarious.
    It would at least give the Republicans a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfaninSTL View Post
    Could Hillary have Obama as a VP? I mean what if for some reason Hillary died and Obama became Pres. again. You only get 2 terms? I dont know how that would work.
    No I do not believe this is allowed by law. Just like you cannot have a foreign born person as a VP or one who is too young.

Why would she want this. First, I don't think she really likes Obama and secondly, she would always be needing someone to taste her food.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    If Hilary runs Bill and Barack will be all over the country helping her. There would be no way she loses.
    Do you think she knows that????

Hillary is a lock. Ad she'll probably win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Has a mayor ever gotten a nomination??? I can't think of any.
    A New York mayor i think. I forget the name, but he was the first Italian nominee, maybe?? Laguardia??

vCash
    My ideal ticket: Rand Paul/Marco Rubio.

Not sure what the most likely ticket will be though I expect either Rubio or Rand to be on the ticket either as the Presidential candidate or vice Presidential candidate.

I saw Deval Patrick's name mentioned, and I'd like to say I'd love it if he was the Presidential nominee for the Democratic party. He has said himself that he's pro free market and from the small amount of research I've done on him, he'd be a great President someday.

vCash
    I just don't know why Marco Rubio is such a favorite among conservatives. He's un-electable, corrupt, and doesn't even have a record to run on. I have to assume they like him because he's a minority - but this assertion just underscores the lack of understanding of demographics within the GOP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Rubio-McDonnell would destroy Clinton, Warren, or Castro.

Llulz...Dem's 2016 candidates are terrible.
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Jon Huntsman switched to Democrat to run in the election, especially if things are looking good a few years from now.

vCash
    I'd freaking love Jon Huntsman. I really don't think there's a mainstream candidate/politician that I align with more closely than he.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I just don't know why Marco Rubio is such a favorite among conservatives. He's un-electable, corrupt, and doesn't even have a record to run on. I have to assume they like him because he's a minority - but this assertion just underscores the lack of understanding of demographics within the GOP.
    While I confess I'm not aware of every detail of Rubio's life or background I'm not entirely sure why you would say that.

Unelectable? I'm not sure where this comes from. I googled his approval rating and the most recent favorable rating was 52/32 in Florida after the convention.

Corrupt? I confess I don't know what this is in reference to.

No record to run on? He's was a state senator for 10 years and has been a US Senator for two. By 2016 that would be 6 years. Obama was a state senator for 7 and US Senator for 3 years when elected. So if "no record to run on" is in reference to a lack of experience, there were many who thought the same about Obama (myself included).

Again, I'm not a Rubio biographer, but I like what I've seen. He's a strong fiscal conservative and is very good at arguing for its cause. In the few interviews I've seen with him (daily show and a few others) he has handled himself well and doesn't back away from questions. That is his biggest strength, IMO. As for him being Hispanic, obviously, that is something that the GOP could use (sad to think of it like that, but true). But I don't think talk of him as a rising star in the party is solely based on that. He's one of the few younger, more exciting people within the GOP. Obviously, all of this 2016 stuff is conjecture by all of us and who knows how the next 4 years will play out for the country as well as any of the candidates mentioned in this thread. But I certainly understand why many (myself included) consider him someone to watch.

Edit: We had a thread a while back about Rubio Stewart "debate". In case anyone wants to check it out. It has the links to his apperance.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=734417
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 11-11-2012 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Nvm.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast