Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Rubio-McDonnell would destroy Clinton, Warren, or Castro.

Llulz...Dem's 2016 candidates are terrible.
    As I said before, I hope your predictions continue to be as accurate as they have been thus far.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Democrats- Clinton

Republicans- Rubio

vCash
    Rubio just isn't a man primed for Presidential politics. Being Hispanic may get you quite far in the Republican Party these days, but he's got corruption in his past and frankly just isn't the right kind of politician that Presidential politics demands. He's a fine Senator, but his isn't the realm of leading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Wow good point I hadn't even thought of that. I can't think of a recent example where this was the case(A President becoming a VP choice after serving 2 terms)...and legality aside, I question whether or not Obama would even take the position with the stress he just suffered being president for 8 years.
    Yes you can be VP even if you've served your two terms. However, should something happen, Obama would be skipped in the line of succession and it would go straight to the Speaker of the House.

vCash
    Republicans Akin-Mourdock, Palin-Limbaugh, Hannity-O'Reilley, Brewer-Martinez

I mean that is a winning ticket.

Edit.
    Democrats: Hillary-Warren, Kaine-Patrick, Castro- Booker, Cuomo-Bennet
    Last edited by lamar2006; 11-08-2012 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Rubio-McDonnell would destroy Clinton, Warren, or Castro.

Llulz...Dem's 2016 candidates are terrible.
    Dude, Hillary's last name alone would get her minimum 50% of the vote..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I know its early but whatever. You have to give your nomination for the Democratic Nominee and Republican Nominee. You can only give one nominee for each party and can't be stuck between two.

My Predictions
    Julian Castro(D)
    vs
    Marco Rubio(R)

I believe the Republicans will come out with a younger guy who can relate to a demographic they consistently lose in a landside, the democrats will do the same because it will be very hard to beat that.
    If you really think the office of the President is going to come down to two Hispanic/Latinos then you're either just a very optimistic person or too young to know better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Yes you can be VP even if you've served your two terms. However, should something happen, Obama would be skipped in the line of succession and it would go straight to the Speaker of the House.
    That would make the most sense, but would it go to the Supreme Court first?

Here's an article I'm reading on the matter for anybody interested:

http://presidentelect.org/art_preztoveep.html

vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    Dude, Hillary's last name alone would get her minimum 50% of the vote..
    Benghazi incident is going to hurt her. Also...she's an awful debater. A community organizer ran circles around her in the primary.
    Last edited by Longhornfan1234; 11-08-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Benghazi accident is going to hurt her. Also...she's an awful debater. A community organizer ran circles around her in the primary.
    You're getting ridiculous.

A community organizer. And lawyer. And senator. And two-term first black President.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    That would make the most sense, but would it go to the Supreme Court first?

Here's an article I'm reading on the matter for anybody interested:

http://presidentelect.org/art_preztoveep.html
    It's an interesting thought exercise, and it probably would be litigated since this is America, but in my opinion what I said would happen. On face, the text is pretty clear (like your link says). This always holds a significant amount of sway, but since it's the Supreme Court we're talking about we have to realize that they don't really feel obligated to follow the text or reasoning of anything if they don't want to.

The only real snag would be the fact that the 22nd Amendment says "elected more than twice." A strict reading would seem to indicate that a VP would not get into the White House via election but rather succession. However, I think the Supreme Court would take a broader understanding of "elected" since all VPs are elected as part of a ticket. Thus, the VP would be indirectly elected into the office of President. However, I don't think this is a bar on VP's being elected despite being ineligible to succeed since the 22nd Amendment says nothing about VP eligibility.

So there's my prediction for the logic, and the real reason I think that's the way it would go is because the Supreme Court avoids constitutional issues if a remedy can be fashioned in another way. This interpretation would be effectively splitting the baby - allowing the former President to serve in an office since there is no explicit bar on that while also disallowing his succession.

But that's just one guy's opinion. Guessing what the Supreme Court will do is like guessing what Gwyneth Paltrow will name her next kid.

vCash
    Benghazi accident is going to hurt her. Also...she's an awful debater. A community organizer ran circles around her in the primary.
    The first thing voters will remember when hearing "Hillary Clinton" in 2016 will be the benghazi incident?

And she wasn't a bad debater, that community organizer was just better..

vCash
    Christie/Rice vs Cuomo/Castro

However if Hillary runs, she's got it wrapped up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    I'm still not sure whether or not you're kidding about West, but I'm hoping you are. Regardless, he's an idiot.

Biden/Warren 2016, you can't get more buffoonery in a presidential ticket than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I'm still not sure whether or not you're kidding about West, but I'm hoping you are. Regardless, he's an idiot.

Biden/Warren 2016, you can't get more buffoonery in a presidential ticket than that.
    I'm pretty sure any ticket with the name Palin attached to it is going to win a contest of buffoonery.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast