Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Consistency is a major part of Sanchez problems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Consistency is a major part of Sanchez problems
    His problems run pretty deep, he's inconsistent for starters. He always and I repeat always has a couple thrown that make you scratch your head. Not only that but he over/under throws wide open recievers. I get this feeling when watching anything post game that he is just a downer. Mentally tuff and saying the rite things about tebow are two different things. Seattle has to be the last straw for the jets with Sanchez starting.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Agreed Sco, i give him this start and maybe another one and thats it. If this team wants to make a run for the playoffs and we lose sunday a change in the quarterback position is a must.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    You are comparing a Rookie QB to a 4 year vet lol...Compare Lucks numbers to Sanchez rookie numbers...Yeah not even close.

If Reggie Wayne were on the Jets you would be calling him slow and washed up. Luck even as a rookie can make every throw. Sanchez is a 1 read QB if his first read isnt wide open he struggles.

As far as the defense..Thats a different argument and part of the reason 99% of the people have stated that Sanchez is part of the problem.
    I will guarantee you, if Sanchez put up those same numbers as Luck through 8 games as a rookie, Jets fans would be *****ing like crazy.

And I hate when people bring up the completion percentage crap-- You do realize the difference between 53% and 60%, over a 30 pass ratio, is 2 passes, and those could be nothing more than 1 yard screen plays that do nothing.

As much as it pains me to say this, maybe Jets fans are too dillusional to the fact that maybe, just maybe, the NY Jets are NOT a very good football team and we can thank our coaches, FO, and owner for a lot of that. If I was a Jets player, and I heard Woody Johnson say he'd rather have a Mitt Romney victory over a Jets win, I wouldn't want to play for that guy ever again.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I will guarantee you, if Sanchez put up those same numbers as Luck through 8 games as a rookie, Jets fans would be *****ing like crazy.

And I hate when people bring up the completion percentage crap-- You do realize the difference between 53% and 60%, over a 30 pass ratio, is 2 passes, and those could be nothing more than 1 yard screen plays that do nothing.

As much as it pains me to say this, maybe Jets fans are too dillusional to the fact that maybe, just maybe, the NY Jets are NOT a very good football team and we can thank our coaches, FO, and owner for a lot of that. If I was a Jets player, and I heard Woody Johnson say he'd rather have a Mitt Romney victory over a Jets win, I wouldn't want to play for that guy ever again.
    Thank you!

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    OK - for me - this discussion, "Sanchez is THE problem," - "Sanchez is PART of the problem," "It's not all Sanchez's fault," has been beaten to death, and there is no way that anyone can draw a definitive conclusion, as it's just a matter of degrees, because, at 3-5 - we're just not a very good football team right now:

Offense: We're near the bottom of the league in running, passing, 3rd down conversions - just about every stat.

Defense: We're near the bottom in Sacks, RUSH DEFENSE, 3rd down conversions - Yes - we're ranked 5th in overall passing yards allowed, but that's mostly because teams haven't had to throw it to beat us (and when they have to throw it on 3rd down, they're converting) - they run it down our throats - and that's why we're 20th overall, and 24th in points allowed.

Special Teams: what has always been a huge strength - has had a few terrible games this year.

The whole team is pretty mediocre, so far, and there is NO DOUBT that the talent level of our Jets has dwindled by: 1) letting go of productive players (through FA, trade, retirement), and not come close to replacing them; 2) some pretty weak drafts, and giving huge amounts of money to the wrong people.

I'd like to stop talking about problems (at least the "Sanchez Problem"), and start talking about the solutions (not that we're given the power to make ANY changes - other than: not go to games, or boo Sanchez/scream for Tebow - but be careful of what you wish for). I'm not even going to stop watching games on TV, and if I had tickets to the games, I would still go. I don't know if I would boo the team - I think after stupid plays, I might, but I can't see me chanting Tebow, Tebow, Tebow - although I think if Tebow wasn't just a publicity stunt - when Sanchez is stinking up the place - I would start giving Tebow some full series. If he succeeds, great - if that doesn't motivate Sanchez to try and play his best, then I don't want him to play anyway (I know the difficult financial ramifications, but that's not my fault). If he doesn't succeed, then at least that question is settled.

My Jets fanaticism keeps me rooting for the big turn-around, big push to the playoffs, and hope for the greatest run in playoff history - all the way through the Super Bowl. I hope it starts this Sunday by whipping the Seahawks.

Is this realistic? If Sanchez was THE ONLY problem - then perhaps playing Tebow, or McElroy might be enough to get us there - the playoffs (but I'm convinced that it takes GREAT QB play to win a SB), BUT I think it's pretty clear that just about every facet of our Jets is playing in the bottom 1/2 of the league, so far (except Nick Folk, and Antonio Cromartie - KOW) - and I don't think there is anyway that replacing Sanchez this year fixes the problems.

This is such a huge game. 4-5 opens the door to the possibility of getting to .500 @ 5-5, but 3-6 is looking down the barrel of a shot gun - it would mean we'd have to go 6-1 for the rest of the season - possible? yes; likely? really?

GO JETS!!!

vCash

This pretty much hit the nail on the coffin. It shows that our owner is not dedicated to winning, I would not play for that either!

vCash
    I will guarantee you, if Sanchez put up those same numbers as Luck through 8 games as a rookie, Jets fans would be *****ing like crazy. And I hate when people bring up the completion percentage crap-- You do realize the difference between 53% and 60%, over a 30 pass ratio, is 2 passes, and those could be nothing more than 1 yard screen plays that do nothing.

The problem with that statement is Sanchez didnt come close to those numbers in 09. Luck in his rookie year is playing at a higher level than Sanchez in his 4th.

I also like how people try to dismiss the completion %.. Please..Could you imagine if all 29 QB's in front of Sanchez completed 1 or 2 more "screen Passes"

52% is 52% no matter how anyone tries to spin it. In 4 years sanchez hasnt even broken 58% thats PATHETIC for an NFL QB let alone a first round draft pick.

There was a report today..I will try and find it..That stated that people in the Jets F.O. wanted to draft Wilson...If the Jets F.O. dont believe in Sanchez I ask why do you?

"The Butt of all jokes"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234