Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Also, even back when Sanchez had Braylon along with a healthy Holmes and Keller he wasn't that special and thats plenty of weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Sanchez is actually the only part of our offense that isn't the problem. He has no offensive line. He never has time to throw the ball. He is under pressure almost every time he goes back to pass and he needs to force the pass to receivers that didn't have time to get open yet. And even when he does get it to the receiver, he drops it a lot of the time. To make things worse, we have no running game which would make things easier for Sanchez. What other QB has no o-line, run game, or receivers? Nobody. We need one more good receiver (Dwayne Bowe would've been nice. I think Hill will eventually stop dropping passes. Kerley is good slot and Keller is good TE), a fast running back to split carries with Greene (or use McKnight when he is healthy because he is underrated and underused), and to replace Howard, Slauson, and maybe even Brandon Moore. We need to build around our franchise QB Sanchez. Not bench him for the worst QB in NFL history.
    Sanchez is one of many problems on the Jets. The fact that 26% of Sanchez passes are overthrown or underthrown is a key indicator.
    The fact that Sanchez completes only 52% is a key indicator.

Sorry but Sam Bradford has no wr's no line etc even worse he has everyones favorite scape goat Mr shotty boy.

In 2010 Sanchez had Edwards Holmes Cotchery Smith Keller Thomlinson and Greene..Guess what he still only completed 54% of his passes. He still couldnt read a defense. He was still slow in his progressions. He still turned the ball over both in the air and on the ground.

what are weps going to do if you are an innaccurate passer, cant read a defense,are a turn over machine? The short answer NADA.

If you think Sanchez isnt part of the problem then you are either Sanchez himself or his agent.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    So his rookie and sophomore season when we went to 2 AFC Championships he wasn't that good? How can you give up on a top 5 draft pick so soon?
    In 09 he was terrible..But he was a rookie. In 2010 he was avg. What you have to understand is The Jets defense and running game carried the team into the playoffs.

Sanchez 2009 12 td 20 int 53.8% QBR of 63 28th ranked QB

Sanchez 2010 17td 13int 54% QBR of 75 27th ranked QB

Sanchez 2011 26td 18int 56% QBR of 78 23rd ranked QB

Sanchez 2012 10td 8int 52% QBR of 72 30th ranked QB

Sorry man but Sanchez just hasnt been what the Jets thought they were getting with a top 5 pick.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    this thread would be correct if it had the word "only" between "the" and "problem"

however, all things considered, he hasn't been part of the solution this season...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Either OP doesnt watch enough games or has no idea what hes watching...

Yes I agree we dont have a lot of talent on offense at all. The lines been below average and we dont have a RB however...

All of the weapons in the world cannot fix pocket awareness, accuracy, footwork, and the ability to read an react all of Sanchez's problems. Until fans get this into there heads they will still think hes the answer. Hes not. Hes overpaid and his ceiling is Alex Smith and is more likely to be David Carr. He has also failed toeven be a game manager. Its time to move on.
    Originally Posted by erickench
    At least Lackey had a winning record for the Red Sox. His ERA was just a little high.

vCash
    So his rookie and sophomore season when we went to 2 AFC Championships he wasn't that good? How can you give up on a top 5 draft pick so soon?
    to your first question, no he was not that good during our 2 AFC runs, he was average at best during those seasons.

And lastly, giving up on him so soon? This is his 4th season? How long are you going to give him.

Here are his ABYSMAL numbers:

Passing TD's - 65
    Rushing TD's - 12

TOTAL TD's - 77

Interceptions - 59
    Fumbles - 36

TOTAL - 95

And on top of it all he is a CAREER 54% completion passer, literally one of the most innacurate ever to have the amount of snaps he has had. He is barely better than Jamarcus Russell in this category who was not even given 3 full years (although without looking at stats I believe Russell had an even worse TD:Turnover ratio if you can believe that).

All I am saying is that you get to a point and you just know (weather you admit it or just think it in the back of your head) that Mark is not good and he is never going to be. We constantly make excuses for him, excuses that many other QB's could use as well but dont. That is part of what makes QB the hardest position to play, you are either at fault or praised and there is not really an in-between.

Nobody would deny we dont have a ton of talent this year, especially with injuries but that is no excuse for missing the open throws he does have, for having no pocket awareness, for being careless with the ball etc.

Everyone has an opinion, I just am amazed at the people who still think Mark can get it done, I really am.

vCash
    Sanchez is not THE problem, but he's definitely a PART of the problem.

vCash
    Sanchez is not THE problem, but he's definitely a PART of the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I haven't given up man, I just think his potential isn't that high anymore after being in the league for 3 years. He's an average QB, thats all im getting at.
    Average? If Sanchez was an average starting QB, I would TAKE that. Do you realize who is average in the NFL? Joe Flacco...Andrew Luck...Matt Schaub...and they are all actually GOOD. Sanchez looks lost sometimes. He's definitely below average and I don't think that's even debatable right now. Until the guy can go more than 1 or 2 games without completely blowing up, turning the ball over and making poor decisions he will always be below average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Average? If Sanchez was an average starting QB, I would TAKE that. Do you realize who is average in the NFL? Joe Flacco...Andrew Luck...Matt Schaub...and they are all actually GOOD. Sanchez looks lost sometimes. He's definitely below average and I don't think that's even debatable right now. Until the guy can go more than 1 or 2 games without completely blowing up, turning the ball over and making poor decisions he will always be below average.
    When you post those 3, don't forget to add the talent that is around them when making a point. Take Matt Schaub for example-- No one wants to tell me his job isn't MUCH easier with Andre Johnson at WR, Arian Foster/Ben Tate in the backfield, Owen Daniels at TE, and a legtimate offensive line to boot. Heck, the Texans backup RB is better than anything we got at RB.

Or take Joe Flacco-- Don't tell me his job isn't much easier with Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, and their offensive line.

There are a few #2 and #3 players on these teams that could come to the NY Jets and would immediately be the #1 guy.

People can say what they want, a QB is only as good as the talent around him
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 11-09-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    When you post those 3, don't forget to add the talent that is around them when making a point. Take Matt Schaub for example-- No one wants to tell me his job isn't MUCH easier with Andre Johnson at WR, Arian Foster/Ben Tate in the backfield, Owen Daniels at TE, and a legtimate offensive line to boot. Heck, the Texans backup RB is better than anything we got at RB.

Or take Joe Flacco-- Don't tell me his job isn't much easier with Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, and their offensive line.

There are a few #2 and #3 players on these teams that could come to the NY Jets and would immediately be the #1 guy.

I think you could say just as easily that the talent around a QB is only as good as the QB is as well. There are examples of both I suppose but there are plenty of recievers who are average at best that have been made to look like all-pros by the likes of this leagues elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYhighrollaz View Post
    Sanchez is part of the problem, to be fair.

His biggest problem is ball control. He makes too many mistakes trying to make every play, rather than making the right play.

If you attempt to throw the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME just because you're flustered out of the pocket, or it's collapsing you're eventually going to make mistakes.

That's Sanchez. Somebody needs to work with him during the offseason on throwing balls away when under pressure and holding onto the football better.
    Exactly. He isn't the only problem on offense and just getting rid of him is not going to fix all our woes. But way too often Sanchez is his own worst enemy. He looks good when his receivers run good routes, get separation and he gets time in the pocket. But this is football! That's not going to be the case every time.

He shoots himself in the foot when he tries to make plays that aren't there instead of just throwing it away. And sometimes you just have to take a sack like the last play of the New England game. Who the **** is he trying to throw the ball to?

It was second down I think. Just take the sack. You'll have 2 downs to get the first. Just live to play another down. But he constantly makes these mistakes.

Anyway like it or not he's going to be our QB next season. The only I see this getting better is if the Jets as an organization decide to start paying more attention to that side of the ball. Trying to get better weapons for Sanchez. Preferably a rb that can run faster than me. Maybe a competent oc because Sparano is not getting it done IMO. IDK but they need to stop neglecting that
    side of the ball.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Bottom line is if you are not part of the solution you are a part of the problem..... And Sanchez isn't apart of the solution with his subpar play.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post

Do you think people knew who Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson were before they played with Rodgers? Yes you need playmakers as weapons but great QBs rise above the talent level around them and make things happen. All I've heard for Sanchez is excuses and I'm growing tired of them. I'm rooting for him but if he doesn't have a good second half of this season, then he doesn't deserve to be guaranteed a starting job...plain and simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    to your first question, no he was not that good during our 2 AFC runs, he was average at best during those seasons.

And lastly, giving up on him so soon? This is his 4th season? How long are you going to give him.

Here are his ABYSMAL numbers:

Passing TD's - 65
    Rushing TD's - 12

TOTAL TD's - 77

Interceptions - 59
    Fumbles - 36

TOTAL - 95

And on top of it all he is a CAREER 54% completion passer, literally one of the most innacurate ever to have the amount of snaps he has had. He is barely better than Jamarcus Russell in this category who was not even given 3 full years (although without looking at stats I believe Russell had an even worse TD:Turnover ratio if you can believe that).

All I am saying is that you get to a point and you just know (weather you admit it or just think it in the back of your head) that Mark is not good and he is never going to be. We constantly make excuses for him, excuses that many other QB's could use as well but dont. That is part of what makes QB the hardest position to play, you are either at fault or praised and there is not really an in-between.

Nobody would deny we dont have a ton of talent this year, especially with injuries but that is no excuse for missing the open throws he does have, for having no pocket awareness, for being careless with the ball etc.

Everyone has an opinion, I just am amazed at the people who still think Mark can get it done, I really am.
    Very well stated and nice use of facts to support your argument.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast