Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sanchez isn't the problem!

Sanchez is actually the only part of our offense that isn't the problem. He has no offensive line. He never has time to throw the ball. He is under pressure almost every time he goes back to pass and he needs to force the pass to receivers that didn't have time to get open yet. And even when he does get it to the receiver, he drops it a lot of the time. To make things worse, we have no running game which would make things easier for Sanchez. What other QB has no o-line, run game, or receivers? Nobody. We need one more good receiver (Dwayne Bowe would've been nice. I think Hill will eventually stop dropping passes. Kerley is good slot and Keller is good TE), a fast running back to split carries with Greene (or use McKnight when he is healthy because he is underrated and underused), and to replace Howard, Slauson, and maybe even Brandon Moore. We need to build around our franchise QB Sanchez. Not bench him for the worst QB in NFL history.

vCash
    You make a lot of good points and hopefully this offseason all those "holes" are filled with playmakers via free agency and through the draft

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Sanchez is part of the problem, to be fair.

His biggest problem is ball control. He makes too many mistakes trying to make every play, rather than making the right play.

If you attempt to throw the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME just because you're flustered out of the pocket, or it's collapsing you're eventually going to make mistakes.

That's Sanchez. Somebody needs to work with him during the offseason on throwing balls away when under pressure and holding onto the football better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYhighrollaz View Post
    Sanchez is part of the problem, to be fair.

His biggest problem is ball control. He makes too many mistakes trying to make every play, rather than making the right play.

If you attempt to throw the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME just because you're flustered out of the pocket, or it's collapsing you're eventually going to make mistakes.

That's Sanchez. Somebody needs to work with him during the offseason on throwing balls away when under pressure and holding onto the football better.
    We have our winner, although a lot of people want to play bash the QB!!

I can't figure out what that man's problem is with throwing the ball away. There is nothing wrong, if no one is open, with throwing it into the 1st row of Met Life Stadium.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Sanchez is actually the only part of our offense that isn't the problem. He has no offensive line. He never has time to throw the ball. He is under pressure almost every time he goes back to pass and he needs to force the pass to receivers that didn't have time to get open yet. And even when he does get it to the receiver, he drops it a lot of the time. To make things worse, we have no running game which would make things easier for Sanchez. What other QB has no o-line, run game, or receivers? Nobody. We need one more good receiver (Dwayne Bowe would've been nice. I think Hill will eventually stop dropping passes. Kerley is good slot and Keller is good TE), a fast running back to split carries with Greene (or use McKnight when he is healthy because he is underrated and underused), and to replace Howard, Slauson, and maybe even Brandon Moore. We need to build around our franchise QB Sanchez. Not bench him for the worst QB in NFL history.
    Understand, I DO NOT DISAGREE with you; however, he certainly is not the solution either.

GOOD, and even more so GREAT Quarterbacks overcome these things.

I am not saying it is easy. But examples for case in point:
    -Brady has played behind crap lines, lack of running game until this year
    - Cutler, probably worst line in league, and Forte has been injured...before this year he suffered from much of what you say plagues our team

- Aaron Rodgers has had a terrible line and Ryan Grant has never been a viable solution either...

My point is I get Sanchez gets the ALL of the blame, when only some is warranted; then again that comes withe being the 5th overall pick and he agreed to this position when he entered the draft early.

Furthermore, he is not capable of putting a team on his back. Often times, average players play good for a GREAT Leader. In our case, Great players struggles, and Average players play average or less...a sign of Sanchez not fixing the problem, but aiding in it.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I don't know how many of these threads are going to pop up, but Sanchez isn't the only problem. Yes we've established that. No running game, o-line digressing, WRs are young. But Sanchez is still making bad decisions and inaccurate throws regularly.

vCash
    Sanchez is still last in accuracy percentage, hes part of the problem but not all of the blame should be on him.

vCash
    Well what are his options? Force the ball to a receiver that had no time to get open yet, hold onto the ball and get sacked, or throw it away and not have a chance of completing a pass. There's really nothing he can do.

Also, all those QBs you mentioned have something. Rodgers has WRs, Cutler has WRs and RBs, Brady always had WR. Sanchez has nothing, we need to stick with him and build around him.

vCash
    Lets at least get an LG and a RT at least and give Sanchez time. He'll be much better if he has time. Then get him a run game and better WR and he'll take it to the next level.

vCash
    Even when our Oline was good in 09 and 10 Sanchez was nothing special, we need to just face it. He's an average at best QB. Same class as Dilfer, Grossman, Brad Johnson, ect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Understand, I DO NOT DISAGREE with you; however, he certainly is not the solution either.

GOOD, and even more so GREAT Quarterbacks overcome these things.

I am not saying it is easy. But examples for case in point:
    -Brady has played behind crap lines, lack of running game until this year
    - Cutler, probably worst line in league, and Forte has been injured...before this year he suffered from much of what you say plagues our team

- Aaron Rodgers has had a terrible line and Ryan Grant has never been a viable solution either...

My point is I get Sanchez gets the ALL of the blame, when only some is warranted; then again that comes withe being the 5th overall pick and he agreed to this position when he entered the draft early.

Furthermore, he is not capable of putting a team on his back. Often times, average players play good for a GREAT Leader. In our case, Great players struggles, and Average players play average or less...a sign of Sanchez not fixing the problem, but aiding in it.
    I think you got it.

It's not all Sanchez's fault - 1) missed blocks/heavy pressure, 2) dropped passes - not getting open, 3) weak running game. These are not Mark's fault - BUT, there are lots of things that Mark could do, if he was a GREAT QB, to help mitigate some, if not many of the problems.

Sanchez is not good at reading; 1) defenses pre-snap - that prevents him from getting the correct blocking schemes, correct hot-reads, more appropriate plays. This leads too often to the rush getting on him before he has a target to throw to, and I hate the way he just goes down with a "swat of the paw."
    2) post-snap reads - particularly not good at sliding away from pressure, stepping up and away from the pressure, getting outside the pocket, and making good decisions under pressure. How many times do we see Sanchez making receivers jump up for the ball? - it seems to happen on almost every intermediate throw over the middle; How many-times is the ball batted away, especially on short passes/screens?; How many times is the "hot read" either not looking, or not in the right place?; How many times does he hit a receiver in stride?

I am rooting for Sanchez with all my heart. Absolutely the talent level has dropped on this team, but it's year 4, and I wanted to see him get better. MAYBE it is impossible with the people we have on this team. I haven't given up on Mark Sanchez - I think TREX has NEVER COMMITTED TO HELPING HIM BE THE BEST QB HE CAN BE - that's because I believe they have their priorities totally wrong, and I don't think MrT is the best talent evaluator either, and REX isn't helping that very much.

I do believe that if Sanchez was a GREAT QB - we would know it, and he would be finding ways to succeed, AND he would be making believers out of TREX, and they would be going with whatever they could to help him. I just don't see that - yet!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Even when our Oline was good in 09 and 10 Sanchez was nothing special, we need to just face it. He's an average at best QB. Same class as Dilfer, Grossman, Brad Johnson, ect.
    So his rookie and sophomore season when we went to 2 AFC Championships he wasn't that good? How can you give up on a top 5 draft pick so soon?

vCash
    If you read the article on the Jets News page titled, "Mark Sanchez Can't Protect Himself", they address the outcry of the terrible offensive line. His inability to read defenses makes him vulnerable to being faked out, thus leading to sacks.

They used game film from last year's Pats game to prove their point. Sanchez ran a hot route to the place where he thought the blitz was coming from, but Jerrod Mayo switched sides during the count and led to an Andre Carter sack. Since Sanchez didn't see that coming, D'Brick was forced to block not only Jerrod Mayo, but Andre Carter as well (it was an overload blitz).

Peyton Manning is the best at reading defenses, and that is why a guy with a neck bolted to his shoulders and an arm that lost strength throws for 20 TDs halfway through the season.

vCash
    The OP is trying to absolve Sanchez for anything wrong with the Offense, that is a fail!!!

The OLine, though not as great as 2 years ago, is still better than half the league's OLines.

The running game may not be great, but several QBs have nothing resembling a running game and they are able to function adequately.

As far as building around Sanchez, I'd like to build a cubby hole under the bench for him, if he continues to stink up the field.

As much as we'd like to believe that Sanchez can turn things around the way we want, maybe Pete Carroll was right about him, it was too early for him to come out and he wasn't as developed as we hoped, and to top it off we rushed him into the starting role.

If Sanchez can't get right and fast, it WILL be time to stop making excuses for him. Sooner or later you have to look at his quality of work and ask yourself how he stacks up to the norm, and even though we like him, he isn't getting it done the way the Jets need him to for them to be successful.

No excuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    So his rookie and sophomore season when we went to 2 AFC Championships he wasn't that good? How can you give up on a top 5 draft pick so soon?
    I haven't given up man, I just think his potential isn't that high anymore after being in the league for 3 years. He's an average QB, thats all im getting at.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast