Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Drummond starting, who is our backup C? Thoughts on 2nd unit

I think we have to consider the 2nd unit as well, when we think of a starting lineup. If Drummond starts, who'll be the backup C off the bench?

Anyway, My starting 5:

Knight, English, Jerebko, Monroe, Drummond

I think we need English motor and perimeter D; Jerebko is a decent athlete and plays with good hustle, he also brings size at the 3 spot; Drummond will be our only inside presence and do all the dirty work for us, he can rebound, block shots and play post D.

2nd Unit:

Stuckey, Singler, Prince, Maxiell, Kravtsov (or OPTION B: Bynum, Stuckey, Singler, Prince, Maxiell)

I know Bynumite has done pretty well so far as a backup pg. But if we are not starting Stuckey, he'll be our 6th man and will eat up most of the minutes at either 1 or 2. So there really isnt many playing time left for Bynum. And Maxiell has guard size, he wont be playing the 5 in NBA, just too undersized. We need Kravtsov to be ready so that we will have less concern at the backup C off the bench

Option B is going small, with Prince at PF and Maxiell at the C. Thats something i really dont wanna see.

With Drummond starting, the 2nd unit have become trickier

vCash
    I think Drummond is not yet ready to start in this league. He needs a lot of coaching and some advantageous situations to develop.

vCash
    Singler should start over JJ in my opinion.I really like both of them though so I wouldnt be bent out of shape over either one starting but I like Jerebko's energy off the bench and hes never really complained about not starting so I would just leave him be plus Singler has a pretty sweet shot.

vCash
    I do like the energy both JJ and Kyle bring off the bench. They are the only guys, along with Moose, that seem to even care about playing. Max has played well early on but disappears late, Tay looks old, Stuckey sucks, and the rest are just there.

Either were Slav has to be the #2 center.

I'd go with Knight-English-Singler-Monroe-Drummond

2nd: Bynum-Suckey-Prince-JJ-Slav.

Switch out JJ and Singler if you want and put Max in at the PF spot, moving Tay out.

Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

vCash
    I think Joe Dumars needa trade away Villanueva, Austin Daye or even Maggette to make roster space for a backup C

Frank cant move Drummond to the starting lineup until there is actually a backup C coming off the bench. Kravtsov may not be ready yet and Maxiell has size of a SG, too undersized to play as a big man in NBA nowadays.

Someone like Chris Anderson or ben Wallace off the bench to backup Drummond at the 5 spot. but of course i prefer Vyacheslav Kravtsov to paly more at this rebuilding stage

I actually think Hassan Whiteside can help this team as a backup C, he is long, athletic and can really block shots.

i'll have no problem having Whiteside play 10-15min a game to play tough D off the bench

vCash
    Since every position is stuckey's "natural" position. I'll just go out on a limb and just say stuckey for back up C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyle View Post
    I think Drummond is not yet ready to start in this league. He needs a lot of coaching and some advantageous situations to develop.
    You dont know what you are talking about. You dont learn by sitting on the bench. You dont learn by making one mistake and being taken out of the game. This isnt high school. The guy can rebound and block shots, that is what this team is lacking. "He needs a lot of coaching." In my opinion he needs less coaching and needs to be let loose from the stranglehold they have placed on this guy. Did Dwight Howard become a beast by sitting on the bench his rookie season? NO! He played defense, rebounded, and developed his game in the off-season. This is why I hate when the Pistons get a talented rookie. They would rather wait and "develop" instead of throwing them to the fire. Yes, he is not Dwight Howard, but could he be eventually? ABSOFREAKINGLUTLEY.

vCash
    1st: Knight-English-Singler-Monroe-Drummond

2nd: Bynum-Suckey-JJ-Max-Slav.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedle9 View Post
    I think Joe Dumars needa trade away Villanueva, Austin Daye or even Maggette to make roster space for a backup C

Frank cant move Drummond to the starting lineup until there is actually a backup C coming off the bench. Kravtsov may not be ready yet and Maxiell has size of a SG, too undersized to play as a big man in NBA nowadays.

Someone like Chris Anderson or ben Wallace off the bench to backup Drummond at the 5 spot. but of course i prefer Vyacheslav Kravtsov to paly more at this rebuilding stage

I actually think Hassan Whiteside can help this team as a backup C, he is long, athletic and can really block shots.

i'll have no problem having Whiteside play 10-15min a game to play tough D off the bench
    Salary for Maggette won't match up. he's due ~ 8-10 M (b/c he essentially replaced Gordon's contract with 1 year less).

Ditto for CV.

Daye is the only real option here, and given teams won't trade their backup 5 for Daye (because they'd then be in the same position we're in).

Slava has to be our backup 5, regardless if he fouls out in 10 minutes or not. And with 15 guaranteed contracts on the roster, somebody would need to be bought out first for either Wallace, Whiteside or bringing in Okur from retirement. Okur, that's the guy we need as a backup 5 right now. Joe D just has to make it work.
    Last edited by markbutter; 11-09-2012 at 11:28 AM.

vCash
    The most ideal lineup that will WORK!

Knight
    English
    Maggetti
    Monroe
    Drummond

Really? Rebounding and defense were our main problems. English and drummond will correct that. Rebounding was a problem, not only is Monroe and Drummond excellent rebounders, but Maggetti is good as well.
    We got our solid 3 point shooter in english, we got our driver in maggetti, we got our defensive cataylst in drummond, we got our preimiter defender in english. I mean COME ON!

Bench:
    Bynum
    Singler
    Jerebko
    Maxiel
    Kravtsov

Energy guys. But singler and jerebko should get 20-25 min over english and magetti. COME ON!

vCash
    Andre is balling tonight! Release the beast coach frank!!! Please!!! Release andre "the hulk" drummond!

vCash
    This is what ive been dying to see!! Monroe to drummond yessirrrr

vCash
    Starting
    PG. Brandon Knight
    SG. Kyle Singler
    SF. Jonas Jerebko
    PF. Greg Monroe
    C. Andre Drummond

2nd
    PG. Will Bynum
    SG. Rodney Stuckey
    SF. Tayshaun Prince
    PF. Jason Maxiell
    C. Slava Krostrva

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞
    Bad Ankles: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    If Joe D's dumb *** would've accepted the trade of Prince and Stuckey and Hamilton our lineup would've looked like ...

Rondo/Knight/bynum
    English/Singler
    Maggetti/Jerebko
    Monroe/Maxiel
    Drummond/Kravstov

vCash
    Honestly, whats gonna happen when Maggetti comes back? Whose minutes is he gonna take away? We all want it to be Prince or stuckey, but we know frank won't do that, so it will most likely be Singler
    Last edited by shyfly24; 11-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast