Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I can see Allen's point. If these guys are not getting it done in practice what is there to suggest that they will get it done against the Baltimore Ravens.
    Palmer canít wait to see Taiwan Jones run

Taiwan Jones was the fastest man at the 2011 NFL Combine, running a 4.33 40, but itís taken a while for the running back to get his shot with the Raiders. It may come Sunday, what with injuries to starter Darren McFadden and No. 2 back Mike Goodson.

Quarterback Carson Palmer, for one, canít wait to see what the second-year back out of Eastern Washington can do.

ďI feel like Iíve been waiting forever. I canít wait,Ē Palmer said. ďHe does amazing things in practice and heís by far the fastest person on the field and he will be the fastest person on the field on Sunday.

ďAnd not that you want to see guys get banged up, but Iím excited about the opportunity heís getting. Feel like since Iíve been here Iíve waited for him to get his opportunity and it hasnít worked out and here it is. Heíll get his touches and I canít wait.Ē

Palmer called the 6-foot, 197-pound Jones ďelectrifying.Ē

ďHe puts his foot in the ground and goes,Ē Palmer said. ďHe wiggles out of hits, he wiggles out of tackles. Canít wait to throw him the ball, get him in the open field. Heís so much fun to watch at practice itís, like I said, a long time coming.Ē

vCash
    Lol...what else is Carson Palmer going to say about a teammate?

And haven't we found out by now that there is more to playing football than speed?

If he can't hang onto the football, he's useless.

-Stork

vCash
    Please, put the guy in and see if he fumbles. Rather than, thinking that he might fumble and not playing him.

vCash
    You really just can't grasp the idea that he has to earn his playing time, eh?

Besides, I've seen him fumble or mishandle the ball on an alarming number of snaps he's participated in. Ball control is not his forte...yet. Maybe he'll find himself like Tiki Barber did.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

Besides, I've seen him fumble or mishandle the ball on an alarming number of snaps he's participated in. Ball control is not his forte...yet. Maybe he'll find himself like Tiki Barber did.

-Stork
    I've seen one fumble this year and it was a toss on a reverse. What other plays are you referring to?
    [

vCash
    He bobbled the opening kick-off of the season, fumbled the reverse....and I had it in my head that he fumbled this weekend, but I'm beginning to believe I'm quite wrong on that one.

My bad.

-Stork

vCash
    I guess their let him play against the saints since thats the team he played against when he broke out in the preseason.

vCash
    After sunday it's hard to see him on the roster next year, if you can't get carries over a guy activated from the practice squad you might as well start packing your bags.

vCash
    He bobbled the opening kick-off of the season, fumbled the reverse....and I had it in my head that he fumbled this weekend, but I'm beginning to believe I'm quite wrong on that one.

My bad.

-Stork
    It was Reece but it went outabounds
    [

vCash
    It doesn't really matter now. Just let the clowns play it out for the rest of the season and then let the other clowns (the FO) do their thing.

Reece seems to be good enough for us......just give it to him.

vCash
    ZBS offenses manufacture runningbacks with regularity. Arian Foster was an undrafted free agent. Terrell Davis was a 6th round draft pick, as was Mike Anderson.

McFadden isn't cut out for this offense, hopefully the Raiders can invest in offensive lineman who are and find a tailback in the later rounds suited for an offense that runs the ZBS.

vCash
    It’s a lie that Taiwan isn’t seeing more snaps because he’s fumbling a lot in practice.

The real reason is because Taiwan ad-libs, like Marcus Allen’s SB TD. Knapp wont play him because he wants a RB to just laboriously batter the ball up into the designed play. If the line is getting blown up, and you’re going to get stuffed for a 1 yard gain, doesn’t matter, follow the design.

Taiwan in his rookie year, under Hue/Saunders, got 16 carries for 73 yards and ZERO fumbles. Hue/Saunders managed to get Taiwan action. Knapp is laboriously uncreative and doesn’t know how to get all the young players game experience to develop them along.

Taiwan has gone backwards this year ONLY in the sense of not seeing any significant playing time. Not in talent or ability.

And consider that Adams is constantly fumbling the ball in LIVE games yet gets a free pass every week. It’s all lies. Allen and Knapp’s handling of the Taiwan vs Adams situation is how they will be undone.

vCash

-Stork
    Has DMC earned it? Bush earned it more. Bush is gone and McDadden is here. Oh I forgot....DMC is the best RB in the NFL(some people on here think so). Even though he is 24th in the NFL in rushing. And he averages a wopping 3.3 yards a carry. Good thing we didnt trade him in the offseason, Stork.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakaholic View Post
    Itís a lie that Taiwan isnít seeing more snaps because heís fumbling a lot in practice.

The real reason is because Taiwan ad-libs, like Marcus Allenís SB TD. Knapp wont play him because he wants a RB to just laboriously batter the ball up into the designed play. If the line is getting blown up, and youíre going to get stuffed for a 1 yard gain, doesnít matter, follow the design.

Taiwan in his rookie year, under Hue/Saunders, got 16 carries for 73 yards and ZERO fumbles. Hue/Saunders managed to get Taiwan action. Knapp is laboriously uncreative and doesnít know how to get all the young players game experience to develop them along.

Taiwan has gone backwards this year ONLY in the sense of not seeing any significant playing time. Not in talent or ability.

And consider that Adams is constantly fumbling the ball in LIVE games yet gets a free pass every week. Itís all lies. Allen and Knappís handling of the Taiwan vs Adams situation is how they will be undone.
    Good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Has DMC earned it? Bush earned it more. Bush is gone and McDadden is here. Oh I forgot....DMC is the best RB in the NFL(some people on here think so). Even though he is 24th in the NFL in rushing. And he averages a wopping 3.3 yards a carry. Good thing we didnt trade him in the offseason, Stork.
    Some people were harping over letting Bush go. He average 2.9-3.3 YPC when DMC was out last year.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast