Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    ^^ The above makes 0 sense...

Did he fumble this last game? No.

Has he ever had a real chance to carry the rock for 10 times in a game? No.

Have you seen his highlights and stats from college? Obviously not because this guy is electric when he had the ball and he put up record numbers for his university.

Allen can state that he doesn't trust him, but the guy has never had a true shot. If there's any proof of dis-trust, it's between me and coach Allen. That guy needs to go and we need a proven leader who won't be so damn stubborn because the guy fumbled a double reverse on opening night against SD.

How can any of you side with Allen on this?? Please explain your logic.

Have you seen Reggie's draft picks? Only one of them, Burris. If I remember correctly, Moore, Shaunghessey, Wisnewski, Houston, Veldheer, Ford, Branch, etc. were picked by Al Davis and they were all on the field their first year. Not everything Davis did was crap, so don't go off and ramble on against a guy who is dead as your scape goat.

No way a team that was a playoff contender last year should be getting stomped on like this a year later. This is a sick JOKE!!
    Blake, if T Jones is struggling Monday thru Friday in practice,then you can understand coach Allen's viewpoint. Obviously, Taiwan is not cutting it in practice.
    You have to earn Sunday time. Now ,with that being said, I too would like to see him get the ball more. We all can see he lacks upper body strength, I cringe everytime 2 defenders grab him.

We got nothing to lose at this point,let him try, I guess.

AJ

vCash
    Are we there yet?

-Stork

vCash
    All players and reports stated that he is electrifying on the field during practice. So, why isn't he on the field?

vCash
    Jones is a beast. Allen is messing up by not playing him. Who cares about practice.

vCash
    Electrifying doesn't help if you're laying the ball on the ground.

That you're frustrated is understandable, but you're grasping at thin air.

-Stork

vCash
    Thats bs that stewart was more involved than Jones
    [

vCash
    This air is all that defenders will grasp when Jones gets a shot. Its not as though the Raiders could do any worse right now, with McFragile back on the mend, even if he were playing Jones may be the better option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Thats bs that stewart was more involved than Jones
    its like a bad joke, why is jones even on the team if he cant beat out a practice squad player? if ur allen wat do u have to lose by playing him? smh

vCash
    Until he fumbles in the game as the main back, then he should get his fair shot.

If he fumbles in the game, pull his *** and teach him a lesson.

vCash
    Doesn't sound like to me Jones was having issues in practice:

Palmer can’t wait to see Taiwan Jones run

Taiwan Jones was the fastest man at the 2011 NFL Combine, running a 4.33 40, but it’s taken a while for the running back to get his shot with the Raiders. It may come Sunday, what with injuries to starter Darren McFadden and No. 2 back Mike Goodson.

Quarterback Carson Palmer, for one, can’t wait to see what the second-year back out of Eastern Washington can do.

“I feel like I’ve been waiting forever. I can’t wait,” Palmer said. “He does amazing things in practice and he’s by far the fastest person on the field and he will be the fastest person on the field on Sunday.

“And not that you want to see guys get banged up, but I’m excited about the opportunity he’s getting. Feel like since I’ve been here I’ve waited for him to get his opportunity and it hasn’t worked out and here it is. He’ll get his touches and I can’t wait.”

Palmer called the 6-foot, 197-pound Jones “electrifying.”

“He puts his foot in the ground and goes,” Palmer said. “He wiggles out of hits, he wiggles out of tackles. Can’t wait to throw him the ball, get him in the open field. He’s so much fun to watch at practice it’s, like I said, a long time coming.”
    http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/...wan-jones-run/

They were getting their *** kicked yesterday, why not take inventory and see what they have here? Neither DMC or Goodson are long term solutions. Neither is Jones, I guess.
    HW - Alistair Overeem
    LHW - Gegard Mousasi
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba
    WW - Tyron Woodley
    LW - Shinya Aoki/Benson Henderson
    FW - Jose Aldo
    Women's - Marloes Coenen

vCash
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba? give me "the spider"

vCash
    Jones was injury prone in college. He played college ball at Eastern Washington University which is about 70 miles from my home, from what I hear he also suffers from a learning disability. The kid is a fantastic athlete, but durability and the ability to grasp the offense seem to be issues plaguing his progress .

He seems to be another Sam Graddy as far as I am concerned.

vCash
    Again, why is everyone saying what they suppose? Your thoughts are pure speculation.

The fact is that they didn't give TJ a shot.

I'm not trusting a regime that has faltered with their player assessment this far into the season. It is time to dig into your lineup and give guys a chance who haven't had a shot that could add a spark. Especially at a position where the 2 guys on the depth chart before him are out.

I'm not saying that TJ is going to do us wonders. I just need to see him play before we draw any conclusions.

vCash
    He should of got PT yesterday, no excuse. Also, why us Pryor not eveing suiting up?
    [

vCash
    I can see Allen's point. If these guys are not getting it done in practice what is there to suggest that they will get it done against the Baltimore Ravens.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast