Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Mike Brown that bad?

Here's a coach who's had a 66 game winning season. He's been to the finals and also won coach of the year for turning around Cleveland with Lebron of course. Laker fans seem to place all the blame on him instead of the players. Kobe seems to be typical chucker, Dwight's still adjusting, MWP sucks and Nash is hurt. Why is it that coaches are always the bad guy. It reminds me when Heat fans wanted Spolestra fired for going 9-8 last year.

vCash
    i honestly dont know what to think about the lakers or who to blame lol

ill hold my judgement until the All Star Break

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    he is really bad.....against Jazz in the last minute Howard got a rebound and was ready pass to Kobe to shoot fast 3 pointer too close the gap....but Mike Brown called timeout,and offcourse after timeout lakers had to shoot hard shot....

vCash
    Didn't he take the Cavs to the finals? Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Mike Brown was fired from Cleveland for a reason. He ran so many isolation plays and just expect LBJ to carry the offence. He is a great defensive coach.

Last season the Lakers underachieved. With Bynum and Gasol, they should have been able to win it all. Kobe though, is a chucker and Brown just kisses Kobe @$$ and lets him do whatever he wants. Phil Jackson would not let Kobe get away with that $#!T. Brown supplicates to his franchise player. He can't run an offense.

Is Brown the only reason the Lakers are losing right now? No. Kobe chucking up shots doesn't help. Though so far this season Kobe is actually shooting the ball very well, so we can't blame him. He's over .500 from the field right now and over .400 from the arc. Howard is playing hurt and not dominating the ball. Nash is out. But Brown has to work in the bench. The other night, when the Lakers were up by 24 in the 4th, he put his starters in. Why? If Howard or Kobe had been DRosed in garbage minutes Brown would have be fired that night! He should have been gettign Jamison out there and getting him involved. The Lakers need all their best players playing to their full potential.

Brown is not a great coach. He's a hard working guy, goes over tape, great on defense, but he shouldn't be running an offense.

But yeah, he's not the only problem in LA right now, but he IS one of the problems.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 11-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    He is the biggest reason Lebron didn't get the ring playing for Cleveland. Yes he is a really awful coach and his 66 win season says nothing good about him. I suggest for Lakers to take a look at David Blatt, i heard he is not coaching now, and looks forward to coach in the NBA. He is a really great coach who can coach the likes of Kobe, Howard and Pau.

vCash
    This is turning into a VICK/AI situation all over again

AI was sent away from PHI because he wanted team to play 'faster and smaller' and got shown door for it, then got sent out of 'system fit' in DEN to DET to find out he was in similar situation NASH/KOBE(16shots per game?) are in now, and you see how fans are screaming that NASH should be NASH(same i was saying about AI)...AI avg 14shots per in DET

And we all see what REID/MORTY are trying to do with VICK and make him a 'pocket passer only' type QB instead of letting him be VICK ..like REEVES did, go ask FAVRE how that worked out when VICK is VICK, i bet FAVRE was FAVRE from ATL to MINNY right? do i need to mention what he did in GB?

a new coach, a new def. system, a new off. system a new center and a new pg and a shooting guard who took 23shots last yr only taking 16, thats a recipe for probs, not to mention no offseason/preseason chemistry

gotta give'em to latest allstar break and then let the emotions fly, lakerland

As a coach/gm you always put player in position to succeeed, not make him succumb to some dumb offense that doesnt fit players strengths....

AI also dealt with that bum princeton offense in his 2nd PHI stint under the man running the lakeshow sets...E.JORDAN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Mike Brown was fired from Cleveland for a reason. He ran so many isolation plays and just expect LBJ to carry the offence. He is a great defensive coach.

Last season the Lakers underachieved. With Bynum and Gasol, they should have been able to win it all. Kobe though, is a chucker and Brown just kisses Kobe @$$ and lets him do whatever he wants. Phil Jackson would not let Kobe get away with that $#!T. Brown supplicates to his franchise player. He can't run an offense.

Is Brown the only reason the Lakers are losing right now? No. Kobe chucking up shots doesn't help. Though so far this season Kobe is actually shooting the ball very well, so we can't blame him. He's over .500 from the field right now and over .400 from the arc. Howard is playing hurt and not dominating the ball. Nash is out. But Brown has to work in the bench. The other night, when the Lakers were up by 24 in the 4th, he put his starters in. Why? If Howard or Kobe had been DRosed in garbage minutes Brown would have be fired that night! He should have been gettign Jamison out there and getting him involved. The Lakers need all their best players playing to their full potential.

Brown is not a great coach. He's a hard working guy, goes over tape, great on defense, but he shouldn't be running an offense.

But yeah, he's not the only problem in LA right now, but he IS one of the problems.
    too bad Lakers were (in 2011)/are a 1st round exit at best without Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    He is the biggest reason Lebron didn't get the ring playing for Cleveland. Yes he is a really awful coach and his 66 win season says nothing good about him. I suggest for Lakers to take a look at David Blatt, i heard he is not coaching now, and looks forward to coach in the NBA. He is a really great coach who can coach the likes of Kobe, Howard and Pau.
    Blatt is really good coach and he is from America,he coaching Maccabi...he just resigned from Russia national team

vCash

Is Mike Brown that bad?

He ****ing sucks! PERIOD!

vCash
    its not onlymike browns fault , thats a boat load of penis...kobe offense-for-himself bryant needs to learn to be a better playmaker

mamba24 Guest
    i am for sure in the minority as a lakers fan, but i dont place all the blame on mike brown... Some, yes... All, no... Anyone who thinks Kobe has been chucking this year hasnt watched. Kobe has played really well and really smart. Shooting almost 60% from the field so far. The problem with the players is that there is 0 effort. They seem to think teams will just let them win cuz theyre the lakers. The problem with mike brown is he doesnt know how to use his players. His rotations are terrible. How darius morris even made this team is beyond me. I know duhon isnt all that good, but he is waaaaaay better than morris. All in all... Id say its 50% mike brown and 50% the players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by camador22 View Post
    Here's a coach who's had a 66 game winning season. He's been to the finals and also won coach of the year for turning around Cleveland with Lebron of course. Laker fans seem to place all the blame on him instead of the players. Kobe seems to be typical chucker, Dwight's still adjusting, MWP sucks and Nash is hurt. Why is it that coaches are always the bad guy. It reminds me when Heat fans wanted Spolestra fired for going 9-8 last year.
    Yep Kobe is chucking alright averaging 16.8 fga per night and shooting .56pct from the field. The players do take a lot of blame, however when the coach is using the wrong system that does NOT compliment his roster, still doesn't have a set rotation off of the bench, makes zero in game adjustments; well then the coach is going to be on the hot seat and get most of the blame. Mike Brown is an average coach at best and is NOT the right coach for this team. I said this last year and I was willing to give him a full training camp and preseason to implement a system and get this team in the right direction and he's failing miserably. The players aren't buying into what he is saying and it shows on the court. Even former players like Barkley, Shaq, Worthy, Magic and Kenny Smith are publicly questioning Brown's coaching.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 11-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    mitch and the la front office just as bad for keeping this guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    mitch and the la front office just as bad for keeping this guy
    True the front office gets a lot of blame for keeping him as he's clearly in over his head.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast