Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    It was just having to listen to garbage!! We bash Amare as fans, but he's still better than everyone on that team and I'm sure he'd lead you guys to more wins than any one player on that roster. And we don't even need Amare right now.
    i just think its too early to put the nail on anyones coffin, and at the same time to crown anyone as the "king of ny" or champions.

wayy too early, and reg season tells us absolutely nothin

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Joe Johnson at this point in his career is only a star by name. He's a terribly inefficient volume scorer who never gets to the FT line (4 FTA all season).

He's averaging 14ppg needing 15 shots per game to do so, while I expect that to improve, it won't improve much.

Lopez is also inefficient for a center since he shoots so many outside shots.

Wallace is a good player, but nowhere near the player he used to be, and between him & Lopez their frontcourt is injury prone.

Deron is their guy, but his supporting cast looks alot better on paper than it really is.
    Ofcourse Joes numbers will rise its been 3 games in a NEW SYSTEM and new TEAMATES...he will get the ball alot more.

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Right now the Nets have potential. Just like the Lakers, and the Knicks and a few other teams.

Are they over-rated? NBA power rankings come out every week, so the first couple of weeks people don't usually pay much attention to because there isn't enough of a sample size.

That said, D-Will is likely the second best PG in the league. JJ is likely the third or foruth best SG, and that pairing is likely the best starting back court in the game. I am not going to lie and say that I've seen a lot of Joe Johnson, but from what I have seen, he is a solid defender. The same can be said of D-Will and Gerald Wallace from what I've seen, and from what I've heard of Humph, he's no slouch on defence either. Lopez on the other hand... lol

The Nets hve perhaps the best starting five in the league (I say perhaps). Humph is underrated, he's a stud on the boards and he'll give you a double-double almost every night. Wallace is a stat stuffer that works the boards. Lopez, though not a great defender or rebounder, is perhaps the most gifted center offensively. Joe Johnson is overpaid, but still in the top five at his position and D-Will is also near the top at his position.

Nets fans have great reason to be excited about this roster. With the proper coaching, and a solid contribution from the bench, they can contend for the title. Is Avery Johnson that coach? Maybe. Maybe not. He did a good job in Dallas, I hope he does a good job in BK. Will the bench come through? Maybe, maybe not. There are chemistry issues to work out, there is a degree of improvement required of Lopez on defense and on the boards, but this team can win.

Are the over rated? Maybe by some BK fans, but all fans tend to overrate their team. Fans in general are not overrating the Nets, they are just awknowledging the potential in this roster.
    D-Will is not top 7 point guard in this leave right now! Avery Johnson is clueless! Hasn't showed me anything as a coach! That nets team has no identity!

vCash
    Knicks gonna sneak into what? The Knicks might be the best team in the league! Defense wins games and we have the best right now.
    The Knicks are not the best team in the league by far. Do they have the best record in the league after one week? Yes. But it's the first week of the regular season. Do you think teams like Miami or Boston are scared of New York right now? Because I can assure you that they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba359 View Post
    I didn't join Prosportsdaily to make this thread, I joined it because I love hearing from intelligent sports minds that I have been seeing post threads on this website. Also, regarding the spacing I had, thank you to everyone for that clarification.

I made this post because I am tired of Nets fans talking us up to be such a superior team to just be let down like we always are, I believe we are very overrated and ARE NOT a championship caliber team.
    Thanks man, and I actually thought it was a well written, well thought out post despite the spacing issue. It's really refreshing to see a fan of any New York area team have realistic expectations for his franchise. We lack that around here, so you should stick around.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    The Nyets don't have to worry, as long as they aren't the Knicks, they will have supporters in the Media and outside of NY.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    D-Will is not top 7 point guard in this leave right now!
    I read your other points which were legitimate, but this one made me think you were borderline ********. One week of NBA basketball does not define a player's abilities. There isn't a single intelligent NBA GM or analyst out there who could honestly say D-Will is not a top 7 PG in the league.

vCash
    well they were projected a 6 or 7 seed so they arent really overrated, lakers are 1-4 on the other hand but it doesnt matter this early.

vCash
    D-Will is not top 7 point guard in this leave right now! Avery Johnson is clueless! Hasn't showed me anything as a coach! That nets team has no identity!
    they dont have an identity thats true but d will is definitely a top 5 pg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Knicks are not the best team in the league by far. Do they have the best record in the league after one week? Yes. But it's the first week of the regular season. Do you think teams like Miami or Boston are scared of New York right now? Because I can assure you that they are not.

Thanks man, and I actually thought it was a well written, well thought out post despite the spacing issue. It's really refreshing to see a fan of any New York area team have realistic expectations for his franchise. We lack that around here, so you should stick around.
    This what Doug Collins had to say about the Knicks "if Miami is the no. 1 team, New York just beat them by 20. "right now they don't have a weakness. They defend, they have size, they shoot the three, they have a great, great player in Carmelo Anthony, they have depth and if they continue to play like this, they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East"

That was from the third best team's coach in the east

vCash
    Their identity is the best offensive team in the league.

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    dwill is a top 3 pg until he proves for the FULL YEAR that he isnt an elite pg, than he will drop, but im not going to rank him based on the first week of the nba season.. thats just not responsible lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    This what Doug Collins had to say about the Knicks "if Miami is the no. 1 team, New York just beat them by 20. "right now they don't have a weakness. They defend, they have size, they shoot the three, they have a great, great player in Carmelo Anthony, they have depth and if they continue to play like this, they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East"

That was from the third best team's coach in the east
    Dude. Quit using a facepalm in every post. You're not even doing it right and you look like a fool. Also, I don't care if the Knicks beat the Heat by 20 in the first week of the regular season, when the Heat just came off a championship in which they decimated the Knicks in five games. The Heat are still the defending champions, they are still the better team and they would still crush New York over a seven game series. If we did a poll right now asking PSD what they thought, who do you think would honestly win that poll? New York or Miami?

vCash
    The Nets are today's Atlanta Hawks of the past 5 seasons, they will be mediocre at best... I applaud you for speaking the truth. Finally, a Nets fan who can talk sense, you are going to be much needed in the Nets forum.

Battle of the Tanks

vCash
    Rondo, Westbrook, Holliday, Irving, Parker, Curry, Lowry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Their identity is the best offensive team in the league.
    Scoring 73 pts??

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast