Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The nets are at best a 7th or 8th seed. Everyone gonna have to deal with it.

vCash

vCash
    Well it's funny how no one waited a game before saying they were the best team in new York.. They lost by 30 to a team we beat by 20. Deron Williams is a shoot first point guard, Marbury 2.0

vCash
    This thread makes me disgusted at the Nets fans, no confidence at all.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    I've been waiting for the Nets to actually start playing games, all the damn hype was making me sick. There like a Dantoni Knicks team without the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    The nets are at best a 7th or 8th seed. Everyone gonna have to deal with it.
    nobody has to deal with that because that is very untrue...more like at worst 5 or 6, you will see come April

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Well it's funny how no one waited a game before saying they were the best team in new York.. They lost by 30 to a team we beat by 20. Deron Williams is a shoot first point guard, Marbury 2.0
    Don't disappear on us after the heat and knicks face off again and in the playoffs..

pls for the love of god, take off your homer glasses.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Joe Johnson at this point in his career is only a star by name. He's a terribly inefficient volume scorer who never gets to the FT line (4 FTA all season).

He's averaging 14ppg needing 15 shots per game to do so, while I expect that to improve, it won't improve much.

Lopez is also inefficient for a center since he shoots so many outside shots.

Wallace is a good player, but nowhere near the player he used to be, and between him & Lopez their frontcourt is injury prone.

Deron is their guy, but his supporting cast looks alot better on paper than it really is.

vCash
    I didn't understand how people suddenly started putting them 5th in eastern conference standings before the season started. There is no way one of the worst teams in NBA becomes a high seeded team after just 1 summer (unless you trade for Lebron ofc).

vCash
    ..the irony of a knicks fan gettin tired of the nets hype. lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    This thread makes me disgusted at the Nets fans, no confidence at all.
    Confidence in what?? Brooks Lopez? Andre Blatche? Bogans?? It's gonna be a long season. Because on top of Deron Williams being overrated, he's playing with bone spurs.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Right now the Nets have potential. Just like the Lakers, and the Knicks and a few other teams.

Are they over-rated? NBA power rankings come out every week, so the first couple of weeks people don't usually pay much attention to because there isn't enough of a sample size.

That said, D-Will is likely the second best PG in the league. JJ is likely the third or foruth best SG, and that pairing is likely the best starting back court in the game. I am not going to lie and say that I've seen a lot of Joe Johnson, but from what I have seen, he is a solid defender. The same can be said of D-Will and Gerald Wallace from what I've seen, and from what I've heard of Humph, he's no slouch on defence either. Lopez on the other hand... lol

The Nets hve perhaps the best starting five in the league (I say perhaps). Humph is underrated, he's a stud on the boards and he'll give you a double-double almost every night. Wallace is a stat stuffer that works the boards. Lopez, though not a great defender or rebounder, is perhaps the most gifted center offensively. Joe Johnson is overpaid, but still in the top five at his position and D-Will is also near the top at his position.

Nets fans have great reason to be excited about this roster. With the proper coaching, and a solid contribution from the bench, they can contend for the title. Is Avery Johnson that coach? Maybe. Maybe not. He did a good job in Dallas, I hope he does a good job in BK. Will the bench come through? Maybe, maybe not. There are chemistry issues to work out, there is a degree of improvement required of Lopez on defense and on the boards, but this team can win.

Are the over rated? Maybe by some BK fans, but all fans tend to overrate their team. Fans in general are not overrating the Nets, they are just awknowledging the potential in this roster.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I enjoyed all the crap the Nets owner and players were talking about being the best team in New York and etc, certainly doesn't look that way. They might be better than the Bobcats though.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    They are overrated by some, and underrated by others. They will take time to gel together, they dont have any chemistry yet either. They are not contenders yet, but they are a playoff team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    ..the irony of a knicks fan gettin tired of the nets hype. lol
    It was just having to listen to garbage!! We bash Amare as fans, but he's still better than everyone on that team and I'm sure he'd lead you guys to more wins than any one player on that roster. And we don't even need Amare right now.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast