Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Because they are "pass first pgs" unlike Dwill lol
    Did you just describe Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook and Kyrie Irving as "pass first PGs"? Holy crap. The only reason I'm not sig quoting this is because you didn't list the players in the actual post, but this is so beyond wrong I don't know where to begin.

vCash
    I'm really not trying to troll or bash the Nets, but do people actually expect them to be a 2-3 seed in the East this season? They won what...22 games last year? Yes they added Joe Johnson, who is a nice player, but he's not a game-changer. Deron Williams is a great player but he was also there last season and did all he could for that team...how does that really change the equation? Brook Lopez is a "finesse" center...won't get you the gritty points or the rebounds you need in a close game...plus injuries are a concern.

Do they have potential to win some games and improve? Absolutely. But it's almost as if they got a new arena, got a new logo and now they are all of the sudden a premiere team?? I just don't understand it. The Knicks, Sixers and Celtics will all finish with better records IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    It was just having to listen to garbage!! We bash Amare as fans, but he's still better than everyone on that team and I'm sure he'd lead you guys to more wins than any one player on that roster. And we don't even need Amare right now.
    As much as I agree that Deron is overrated (hasn't been a top 5 PG for 2 years now), he's a better player than Amare is.I would agree that Amare is better than the whole Nets team save Deron though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Good its settled then we will cease playing regular season games and for playoffs we will just go with a vote from PSD. Good, good. As long as that is settled.

Yes it has been only 3 games but that team in the playoffs last year is much different than the one this year. Maybe we play the Heat in the playoffs this year and maybe they win but this is a different year and a much different Knicks team. Last year half the team was injured (Shump, Amar'e, Lin, BD, and Chandler basically out for 3 games with a bad flu). Do I think we would have won last year - no but would have been a better series. Regardless this is a whole new team and sorry but regular season can't be ignored. Time tells these things but sorry a PSD opinion doesn't change what is happening on the court this year.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't play the games, I'm saying it's absolutely insane to proclaim them the best team in the league after one week and one big upset victory. Did you know that the Heat lost 20 games last season? Does that mean the Heat were a worse basketball team than those teams because of a single loss? Of course not.

So while the Knicks might be improved from last season, one early regular season victory does not make them a better basketball team. They have to sustain their success for the whole season and then prove it in the playoffs. The Heat have earned the right to be called the best team in the league and earned the right to slack off in the regular season. The Knicks have not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Did you just describe Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook and Kyrie Irving as "pass first PGs"? Holy crap. The only reason I'm not sig quoting this is because you didn't list the players in the actual post, but this is so beyond wrong I don't know where to begin.
    No I was being sarcastic about his post, they arent and he said Dwill is a shoot first so thats why he isnt good.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Can you guys give the Nets a chance, it's three games into the season. You realize it took the Knicks about two seasons to gel and start playing good team basketball.

I actually don't hate the Knicks unlike most Nets fans, I think they are definitely for real this year. I hope the Knicks can keep up this pace and give the Heat a series in the playoffs. Honestly though when Amare comes back it's going to bring the knicks right back down to Earth Defensively.

Btw Quietmoney if you're trying to be the knicks fan version of DoMeFavors, Great Job keep doing what you're doing

vCash
    How are they overrated when they aren't that good...I mean I didn't really think they would be anyways

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Rondo, Westbrook, Holliday, Irving, Parker, Curry, Lowry
    You are saying these guys are all better than DWill?

No disrespect to them, but I think DWill is better than most of those guys you listed.

9. 11-08-2012, 12:00 PM
    Reason
    unnecessary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    How are they overrated when they aren't that good...I mean I didn't really think they would be anyways
    Do you know what overrated means?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf975 View Post
    Can you guys give the Nets a chance, it's three games into the season. You realize it took the Knicks about two seasons to gel and start playing good team basketball.

I actually don't hate the Knicks unlike most Nets fans, I think they are definitely for real this year. I hope the Knicks can keep up this pace and give the Heat a series in the playoffs. Honestly though when Amare comes back it's going to bring the knicks right back down to Earth Defensively.

Btw Quietmoney if you're trying to be the knicks fan version of DoMeFavors, Great Job keep doing what you're doing
    I thought he was being serious, but now I can see it how you do. Lol

vCash
    The nets make me herl when i think about that roster.. Dwill is overrated yall would rather have melo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStarks94 View Post
    Dude. Just look at this team, roster full of rejects nobody wants.. Lopez (u wanted d12) dwill( yall tried to get Melo) "crash" ran into a wall of no talent. Humphies lmao! This nets team look week an its a shame the russian dude ****Ed the year up for you guys talkin all that ****. Maybe jz can run point
    Why do people hate Humphries so much? Dude plays his *** off every game. I would love him on my team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf975 View Post

Blame you owner, him and his big mouth "trying to make Knicks fans Nets fans" etc. I don't know he thinks he is, but this is a Knicks town and always will be. I never hated the Nets before that Russian clown owned them, now they are on the level of Red Sox, Mets, and Jets for me (being a Yankees and Giants fan). And make no mistake, the more the Nets struggle the funnier it is.

vCash
    Nets threads get the most people posting about them, and the post viewers. Face it we are popular!

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    No I was being sarcastic about his post, they arent and he said Dwill is a shoot first so thats why he isnt good.
    I'm really enjoying watching your fraud team fail dude, I'm not gonna lie.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast