Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brooklyn Nets Overrated

I have been a Nets Fan since I was 8 years old. I have never seen so much hype surrounding the Nets since the Jason Kidd era. The Nets were ranked among top 7 teams in the NBA after they beat the Raptors. I find it funny how the NBA analysts rank teams simply based upon their roster and not based upon team chemistry.

I love the Nets and I was excited for a great season. However, I actually watch every game, and watched every single game last year. Watching the Nets, I have realized how overrated they really are. Brook Lopez is NOT a top 5 center in the league and Deron Williams has slowed down alot.

The one thing the nets were never good at was defense. By signing Joe Johnson they got better offensively not defensively. The core four of Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace seems great but the truth is they are the same exact team they were last year, with a dynamic scorer. Can that dynamic scorer in Joe Johnson and a revamped bench really lead them to a playoff birth?

I do not know. I do not think the Nets are a top 10 team. I just hope for a great season, but watching the last three games I have realized the Nets are better offensively. However, their defense looks pathetic. The Nets are playing one%
    Last edited by brownmamba359; 11-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    dude settle down lol i hate it when ppl judge how the team will play throughout the year based on the first few games of the season.

smh

this is what makes the nba forum such a joke..

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    and the nets have sucked since JKidd got traded, so you'd expect some optimism from their fans since they have got some quality additions, but nope. i guess not.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Its hard to keep track of the words if you dont split it into Paragraphs.

But have some confidence in your team, the Nets are a championship caliber team. In a month you will make a thread "Brooklyn Nets are amazing" And Gerald Wallace is "very old" when he just turned 30

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Half of their roster is overrated. Dont know what you expected. Inb4 something about the Kings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    dude settle down lol i hate it when ppl judge how the team will play throughout the year based on the first few games of the season.

smh

this is what makes the nba forum such a joke..

This seems to be the hipster thing to say these days.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    This seems to be the hipster thing to say these days.
    hmm in that case sorry for being late to the party i guess.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    You might be right if your analysis was through the games thus far. You might change your mind should they make the playoffs though, this team is full of smart and capable talent that can win games just based off of talent alone.

vCash
    and did you really join PSD to make this thead? what is the point of it? are you a Nets fan...dont know what you get out of making this thread.

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    I would have read the whole thing, but the lack of spacing made it painful. I do think the Nets are overrated, though. Both the Knicks and the Nets are (at best) teams that could sneak into the second or (possibly, but unlikely) the third round of the playoffs before they get killed by a superior team. And because they have so many contracts locked up over a long period of time, they have little to no chance to get any better.

Unlike others, I actually liked the Joe Johnson signing. It was the Humphries and Wallace signings that made no sense to me, and I though Lopez was vastly overpaid for a 7-footer who doesn't rebound and is injured more than he's healthy. They'll be buried under those bad contracts for the next 3-5 years, and they'll never be a legitimate contender. They've essentially locked themselves into being the Hawks for several years, a very good playoff team that will always be competitive but never come close to winning anything substantial.

At best, the Nets are a 4-5 seed this year.

vCash
    Not to be a hater, but I said this before they played a game. Deron Williams is overrated. Brooks is not a max player either. They have no inside presence on defense and I don't like JJ anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I would have read the whole thing, but the lack of spacing made it painful. I do think the Nets are overrated, though. Both the Knicks and the Nets are (at best) teams that could sneak into the second or (possibly, but unlikely) the third round of the playoffs before they get killed by a superior team. And because they have so many contracts locked up over a long period of time, they have little to no chance to get any better.

Unlike others, I actually liked the Joe Johnson signing. It was the Humphries and Wallace signings that made no sense to me, and I though Lopez was vastly overpaid for a 7-footer who doesn't rebound and is injured more than he's healthy. They'll be buried under those bad contracts for the next 3-5 years, and they'll never be a legitimate contender. They've essentially locked themselves into being the Hawks for several years, a very good playoff team that will always be competitive but never come close to winning anything substantial.

At best, the Nets are a 4-5 seed this year.
    Knicks gonna sneak into what? The Knicks might be the best team in the league! Defense wins games and we have the best right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Knicks gonna sneak into what? The Knicks might be the best team in the league! Defense wins games and we have the best right now.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Lets address this in like 2 months. I think they were overrated coming into the year as well. Having said that, teams need time to familiarize themselves. They will score a bunch of points. There is so much season left.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    I didn't join Prosportsdaily to make this thread, I joined it because I love hearing from intelligent sports minds that I have been seeing post threads on this website. Also, regarding the spacing I had, thank you to everyone for that clarification.

I made this post because I am tired of Nets fans talking us up to be such a superior team to just be let down like we always are, I believe we are very overrated and ARE NOT a championship caliber team.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast