Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Derons PER is only 14 he is not playing good basketball. Joe Johnson has been even worse though he is shooting a horrid percentage. King built this team with Miami in mind and it cant even lose by single digit to Miami. We all know this team isn't contending for a title, but if we cant even have single digit losses to good team we are really in trouble

vCash
    Three. Games. Holy **** people back away from the ledge.

And for anyone putting Williams in the same category as a LeBron or a Durant needs to be castrated.

No one said he's perfect, but there are a lot of other areas that need to be addressed first, starting with the cream puff that is our center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post

And for anyone putting Williams in the same category as a LeBron or a Durant needs to be castrated.

No one said he's perfect, but there are a lot of other areas that need to be addressed first, starting with the cream puff that is our center.
    He's the leader of this team, an olympian, multi-time allstar. He never won an MVP but neither has Melo, neither has Amare, neither has Blake Griffin. All these guys recieve a ton of criticism when they are not playing at their PEAK because they are/were elite players. He isn't playing anywhere near his PEAK.

vCash
    Three. Games.

Williams isn't perfect, but there are bigger issues with this team than him. Not even debatable.
    I know. Lopez.

However as Deron is our franchise player he is a huge problem. A $100 million "top 5" pg should not be leading the league on TO's and throwing up 3pters and failing to get in the paint.

If Tayshawn Taylor can get past his man and into the paint at will then Deron should too.

and by the way the "its 3 games" argument is getting old. Deron has been terrible for 2 years now

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash

Deron has been bad for 2 years. Not just 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    i think those 2 years really messed deron up and the last year with sloan

vCash
    This is nothing more than your expectations being too high for this team. It's a brand new team, in a brand new arena. It hasn't even been broken in yet. Do I expect the Nets to make the Playoffs? In the East? Yes. Did I expect them to take on the likes of the Heat and Boston? Hell no.

The NY Media really went out of their way to feed hype into this team, and the fans ate it all up. You don't build a brand new team (looking at who the returning players are from last season, it is a BRAND NEW TEAM), and have them run the Conference. It just doesn't happen.

The Nets have put together a team, their best shot considering who was available. Now they have to gel in real games. It's cliche...yes. But it is true. High expectations won't allow for this, and the NY media is now licking their chops aiming at this team very soon.

You'll see, the media blows them up for the sole purpose of "blowing them up". As fans you need to just be patient. This year will be a year of growing pains and healing. The only reason they are expected to be in the playoffs is because of how bad the East is.

I am looking 2 years down the road...and I like the direction this team is going.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    This is nothing more than your expectations being too high for this team. It's a brand new team, in a brand new arena. It hasn't even been broken in yet. Do I expect the Nets to make the Playoffs? In the East? Yes. Did I expect them to take on the likes of the Heat and Boston? Hell no.

The NY Media really went out of their way to feed hype into this team, and the fans ate it all up. You don't build a brand new team (looking at who the returning players are from last season, it is a BRAND NEW TEAM), and have them run the Conference. It just doesn't happen.

The Nets have put together a team, their best shot considering who was available. Now they have to gel in real games. It's cliche...yes. But it is true. High expectations won't allow for this, and the NY media is now licking their chops aiming at this team very soon.

You'll see, the media blows them up for the sole purpose of "blowing them up". As fans you need to just be patient. This year will be a year of growing pains and healing. The only reason they are expected to be in the playoffs is because of how bad the East is.

I am looking 2 years down the road...and I like the direction this team is going.
    Pretty much agree with everything here, except for the bolded part. Their talent alone would carry them to the playoffs. How far is a different subject.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Everyone should have realized that this is a 42-45 win team.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash

ok

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Everyone should have realized that this is a 42-45 win team.
    thats like a 6th to 8th seed, 42 to 45 wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Pretty much agree with everything here, except for the bolded part. Their talent alone would carry them to the playoffs. How far is a different subject.
    Maybe I should have said "I" expected this team in the Playoffs because of how bad the East is. But don't take it lightly...I have heard the same thing coming out of other sports news networks. Everyone is covering their ***** by saying the Nets should be top 3 behind the Heat and Boston, and only because of how bad the East is.

Unless the Nets play the Magic every game for the remainder of the season...the Media is getting ready to take aim. Unfortunately when that happens, the fairweather fans will turn on this team too.

While that is a good thing from a die-hards point of view. It's bad for business, because of expectations.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Oh look, the sky is falling

Eric Berry Strong

vCash

comparison

I've been keeping up with how the Nets, mainly Williams and Johnson have been playing. So far in comparison the Mavs have come out well with better play from Collison and Mayo. It will be interesting to see how they compare at the end of year. As much as I like Avery I don't think he's the guy

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I truly believe if we can find a PF that can play D, rebound, and finish, we can live with Lopez Defense, and he will be a huge asset because of his offense.Of course we don't, but to put all the blame on him isn't fair.

I am more worried about De-will, he pouts too much out there.
    Instead of taking over when things are going bad, he seems to get frustrated, and give in.He is our superstar, if he's not playing like one, we have no shot.

Still it's too early to tell howmany win team this is.

I have been impressed with Teletovics athletisism, once his shot starts falling, I think he will be a big part of the team.If Avery plays him.

vCash
    what the **** are you guys talking about?

The Nets are 9th in Points Allowed WITHOUT GForce. They're 4-2 without JJ finding his shooting stroke until last night. Lopez has been a beast offensively and is actually rebounding at a halfway decent clip. Hump had 20+ boards the other night. What are you guys freaking pissing and moaning about?

shut up and watch the damn games. Holy hell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast