Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    vCash
    Sorry

vCash
    Atlanta Defeats Boston
    Friday, October 25th, 1991: The 1991 MLB season came to a close today at Fenway Park II, where the Atlanta Braves whipped the Boston Red Sox 4-2 and won their 5th World Series in history.

Atlanta got there by compiling a 93-69 mark during regular season play and claiming the second spot in the National standings.

The Braves won the series 4-3 in games.
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    Season's Best Fielders Selected by NL
    Wednesday, November 6th, 1991: "Hit 'em where they ain't" is a great hitting philosophy, but it doesn't always work when a fielder can seemingly appear out of nowhere to make the play. These magicians are often taken for granted as the season grinds along, but today they take center stage. The National Gold Glove Award selections for 1991 are:

Pitcher: Bobby Witt (Chicago Cubs)
    Catcher: Mickey Tettleton (Philadelphia Phillies)
    First Baseman: Takehiko Kobayakawa (Pittsburgh Pirates)
    Second Baseman: Kelly Gruber (Pittsburgh Pirates)
    Third Baseman: Wade Boggs (Philadelphia Phillies)
    Shortstop: Damion Easley (Pittsburgh Pirates)
    Left Fielder: Luis E Gonzalez (San Francisco Giants)
    Center Fielder: Keith A Miller (St. Louis Cardinals)
    Right Fielder: Kirk Gibson (Atlanta Braves).3

1991 Gold Glove Award Trophies Given out by AL

Wednesday, November 6th, 1991: "Flashing the leather" and "good with the glove" are ways to describe players who help their teams by playing great defense. Today the most dependable glovemen in the American for 1991 were announced. Gold Glove Awards will be presented to these top-notch defenders:

Pitcher: Scott Erickson (Baltimore Orioles)
    Catcher: Greg Myers (Detroit Tigers)
    First Baseman: Alvin Davis (Minnesota Twins)
    Second Baseman: Jeff Kent (New York Yankees)
    Third Baseman: Dave Hostetler (Chicago White Sox)
    Shortstop: Cal Ripken Jr. (Baltimore Orioles)
    Left Fielder: Reggie Sanders (New York Yankees)
    Center Fielder: Kenny Lofton (Oakland Athletics)
    Right Fielder: Juan Gonzalez (Boston Red Sox)
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    NL Top Manager Trophy Goes to Elser
    Friday, November 8th, 1991: Randy Elser skippered the Atlanta Braves to a very successful year and has been acclaimed as the 1991 National Manager of the Year.

He kept it short and sweet in the press conference as he accepted the award, "Thanks, but it wasn't just me out there this season."

The Braves finished the regular season in second place in the National with a 93-69 record.

#1 Skipper in AL: Kid of Boston

Friday, November 8th, 1991: Boston Red Sox field manager The Kid has brought a winning attitude to the team and the city. His no-nonsense approach, work ethic and baseball experience has paved the way for success.

This season the Red Sox parlayed his managerial skills and some talented ballplayers into a first place spot in the American standings. Boston finished the year with a 103-59 record.

To everybody's delight Kid was voted the 1991 American Manager of the Year by the baseball writers.

"Mr. Kid doesn't take any stuff. If you aren't doing your job, he's not afraid to call you on it," noted one of his ballplayers. "But the team wouldn't want to play for anyone else. He's tough, demanding, but he treats everyone fairly and doesn't play favorites. Nobody gets pampered on his ballclub."

vCash
    Top Pitcher Trophy Won by Braves Gooden
    Saturday, November 9th, 1991: The The Behindmydesk Award (Cy Young) for 1991 has been presented and the National winner is Dwight Gooden of Atlanta.

"It's always nice to receive an award like this," said Gooden. "I just hope I can improve on my performance next year and be in the running again," the Braves star told reporters.

Gooden excelled with an impressive 22-10 record in 40 starts. In 304 innings he yielded 199 hits and 88 walks, while striking out 302 and compiling a fine 2.07 ERA.

Fernandez Scores AL Best Hurler Honors
    Saturday, November 9th, 1991: The Boston clubhouse staff referred to him as "the kid" this season. Next year Alex Fernandez will have to have a new nickname. He earned it after winning the 1991 American The Behindmydesk Award (Cy Young).

Fernandez made 39 starts this year, winning 26 and losing 6. He threw 304 innings, fanned 194, allowed 277 hits and 96 walks, while holding opposing teams to a .244 average as he logged an impressive 2.90 ERA.

vCash
    NL Announces #1 Batter Award
    Sunday, November 10th, 1991: Chicago's Barry Bonds put the wraps on a fine campaign today by winning the 1991 National The Poodski Award (MVP).

The 27-year-old veteran scorched the opposition with a .323 average, picking up 191 hits, 17 doubles, 9 triples, 39 home runs and 106 RBIs, while scoring 123 runs.

Boston's Griffey Jr. Wins AL The Poodski Award (MVP)
    Sunday, November 10th, 1991: Ken Griffey Jr. really stood out with the bat in the American this year as he put together a .339 batting average. Today he was named the winner of the coveted 1991 The Poodski Award (MVP).

He hit his way to an award-winning season with these stats: 223 hits, 48 home runs, 132 RBIs and 145 runs scored.

vCash
    son of a *****. congrats Randy. I really thought this was my year.

In other news... I'm not sure how I feel about ootp giving one of my pitchers my own nickname.....

vCash
    FYI it happened again with the money. Teams were once again capped at $3,370,189. Looking at the finance pages, the only team not capped was the Tigers, who were below the cap (in the negatives already). All the other teams had money taken away from them again. Just an FYI in case you haven't seen it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    FYI it happened again with the money. Teams were once again capped at $3,370,189. Looking at the finance pages, the only team not capped was the Tigers, who were below the cap (in the negatives already). All the other teams had money taken away from them again. Just an FYI in case you haven't seen it.
    Don't those numbers not get updated until after the season flip?

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    HA I had to pay 7 mil in revenue sharing.

vCash
    Back to back to back ALCS, nothing past.

Always a bridesmaid never a bride.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    Don't those numbers not get updated until after the season flip?
    yeah we'll go back and edit everyone cash cap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRocks77 View Post
    We shouldn't have to though, I changed it at the beginning of this season. I found an option for it somewhere. What I'm saying is wouldn't the new financials after the season flip reflect the correct amount? I hope so anyway, otherwise we've found another flaw in our file to go along with the mysterious inconsistent abilities of players to learn new positions.

vCash
    I'll flip the season sometime this weekend.. I don't want to rush the off season just yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRocks77 View Post
    I'm looking in to the financial issue. I checked the cash setting and sure as hell it's back at what it originally was before I changed it under rules in league setup. It may just be that I changed it and for some reason Randy and I ended up with different copies of the file afterward. I know Randy had some file problems but I can't remember if it was before or after I made that change.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast