Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash

1991 Season Chat

I'm still not born yet

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRocks77 View Post
    do you guys still like the one division per league? we could always go back to two per league and make it where the top two teams make the playoffs? one problem we have that I wish we didn't is all the open teams.. I thought once we hit the late 1980s we would have a lot teams filled... guess the crowd is younger than i thought..
    Nothing to do with age, OOTP overall has died out compared to years past.

vCash
    I agree on the open teams and I think it's worth exploring ways to fix that problem. I don't think the fact that we have two divisions instead of four has anything to do with it though.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    You could always contract. Personally I would rather have 20 strong teams than have a bunch of teams that are just a constant carousel of ****** GM's or no GM's.

You could have a contraction draft and everything.

Just my opinion though.

vCash
    I support contraction. We have too many open teams with ****** records year after year.
    Then we can go back to 2 divisions in each league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    I support contraction. We have too many open teams with ****** records year after year.
    Then we can go back to 2 divisions in each league
    Why would we benefit from switching to a four division format with less teams? We split things up the way they are now because the league was smaller and we wanted to ensure the top four teams in each league made the playoffs.

vCash
    I started a thread for this topic that way we don't have to chats mixed up of off topic
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    Why would we benefit from switching to a four division format with less teams? We split things up the way they are now because the league was smaller and we wanted to ensure the top four teams in each league made the playoffs.
    not sure why I even said a four division format, just kicking some tires around.. to get some feedback
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    If we have 20 teams, each division would have 5 teams. Seems pretty fair to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    If we have 20 teams, each division would have 5 teams. Seems pretty fair to me
    Not that long ago it was Atlanta, Chicago, and Philly at the top of the NL every season (according to pythag it's still that way). Then in the AL you have Boston, Milwaukee, Baltimore and Detroit (again, pythag is ******** on Milwakee). We could have teams making the playoffs with 8-10 less wins than the third and fourth best teams in the other division. I'm not a moron...I can divide 20 by 4. How does that math add up to a more fair environment than the single division league system we have now?

vCash
    yeah to be honest I like the way we do playoffs etc..

vCash
    Yeah honestly I prefer one division per league. That way its top X teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    Not that long ago it was Atlanta, Chicago, and Philly at the top of the NL every season (according to pythag it's still that way). Then in the AL you have Boston, Milwaukee, Baltimore and Detroit (again, pythag is ******** on Milwakee). We could have teams making the playoffs with 8-10 less wins than the third and fourth best teams in the other division. I'm not a moron...I can divide 20 by 4. How does that math add up to a more fair environment than the single division league system we have now?
    I never said you couldn't do the math. I never said it was more fair than the single division system. Yet it's still quite fair. Is there a way to have 2 wild cards? So 3 teams can make it from a division? It's just a discussion, no need to be a smart ***.

I just like the idea of divisions. Creates more of a rivalry atmosphere and garners more interest. We could always realign it differently if we were to switch back to four divisions.

In the other league PL, Doog, and myself were always battling it out between 2010-2028 or something. Playing against them in the playoffs or during a playoff race was always interesting and different than playing teams outside the East. I have no rivalry with anyone here. Playing the Giants/Dodgers feels no different than playing any other team

vCash
    I think the playoff system is good as is its easy to follow and fair. The idea of divisions does sound fun if we had more gms

vCash
    ML News: The All-Star Game Rosters Have Been Announced
    Sunday, July 7th, 1991: The All-Stars are in a clash by themselves. The star performers from the American and National will soon do battle in the 1991 MLB All-Star Game. It's an annual diamond spectacular that takes place at the midpoint of the season. Two superb ballclubs taking each other on in the All-Star Classic to determine the best league for this year. The talented stars are playing for league pride. Each roster is filled with standout performers.

The American All-Stars feature these players:

SP A. Fernandez (BOS)
    SP C. Schilling (DET)
    SP B. Gullickson (KCA)
    SP M. Kitabeppu (KCA)
    SP M. Perez (BOS)
    SP D. Kile (CLE)
    CL H. Awano (CAL)
    MR M. Wohlers (TEX)
    CL M. Rivera (MIN)
    CL T. Hoffman (KCA)
    MR J. Franco (BAL)
    CL X. Hernandez (MIN)
    CF K. Griffey Jr. (BOS)
    3B C. Jones (BOS)
    SS P. Putnam (KCA)
    1B L. Durham (MIN)
    RF L. Walker (CHA)
    2B P. Molitor (NYA)
    C C. Hoiles (MIL)
    LF D. James (CHA)
    C T. Eusebio (BOS)
    3B G. Larkin (CAL)
    CF J. Peguero (MIN)
    RF H. Baines (MIL)
    SS O. Vizquel (KCA)
    1B F. Thomas (BOS)
    CF J. Edmonds (BOS)
    SS K. Stillwell (CAL)

On the National All-Stars roster will be:

SP D. Gooden (ATL)
    SP A. Benes (SDN)
    SP R. Sutcliffe (HOU)
    SP R. Bones (LAN)
    SP M. Batista (MON)
    SP K. McCaskill (CHN)
    MR R. Seanez (CHN)
    CL R. Myers (ATL)
    MR K. Rogers (NYN)
    MR B. Taylor (PHI)
    MR J. Howell (MON)
    CL C. Kerfeld (SDN)
    RF B. Bonds (CHN)
    1B D. Denson (NYN)
    CF A. Van Slyke (CIN)
    3B J. Branson (SDN)
    LF M. Greenwell (HOU)
    2B F. Vina (LAN)
    SS B. Larkin (PHI)
    C D. Fletcher (HOU)
    C M. Piazza (LAN)
    RF D. Justice (SDN)
    1B M. Vaughn (LAN)
    3B B. Bonilla (CIN)
    2B M. Grace (NYN)
    LF L. Gonzalez (SFN)
    CF M. Wilson (ATL)
    LF S. Mack (LAN)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast