Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I'm still not sold on that Posey guy. I played freshmen baseball, I can see he has holes in his swings.
    Definitely not an all-star catcher.
    -- butt-hurt Cardinal fans
    Today is the future that you have built (or neglected) yesterday.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    salinas
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    since i been on psd since what 06 07 when they signed zito, this is the best offseason news in years. won the ws, and tryna keep the team close unlike losing uribe renterror ross burrel etc whatever. sabean sees the dynasty in front of him, he knows what they can do and he doing the best thing. only question i have for all of you which is in another thread is jason bay. would anybody sign that joke to play lf in the bay? who knows what if we score like we did with blanco. be optimistic, we got two rings. anythings possible now. great time to be a giants fan, rage my friends rage

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sonoma County
    Posts
    2,633
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giants9ers View Post
    since i been on psd since what 06 07 when they signed zito, this is the best offseason news in years. won the ws, and tryna keep the team close unlike losing uribe renterror ross burrel etc whatever. sabean sees the dynasty in front of him, he knows what they can do and he doing the best thing. only question i have for all of you which is in another thread is jason bay. would anybody sign that joke to play lf in the bay? who knows what if we score like we did with blanco. be optimistic, we got two rings. anythings possible now. great time to be a giants fan, rage my friends rage
    Ross and Burrell Came back last year

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giants9ers View Post
    since i been on psd since what 06 07 when they signed zito, this is the best offseason news in years. won the ws, and tryna keep the team close unlike losing uribe renterror ross burrel etc whatever. sabean sees the dynasty in front of him, he knows what they can do and he doing the best thing. only question i have for all of you which is in another thread is jason bay. would anybody sign that joke to play lf in the bay? who knows what if we score like we did with blanco. be optimistic, we got two rings. anythings possible now. great time to be a giants fan, rage my friends rage
    Says you joined in '09

    Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Is Swisher strictly a RFer? With Pence we don't need him. And I really don't think the Giants would pony up what he'd probably be a$king for.
    If you can play RF you can play LF. Swisher is actually a really good defensive outfielder, if it were up to me i would probably move Pence to Left. If we sign him that is.

    If we resign Pagan (No more then 3 years) and Scutaro, get either Upton or Swisher on a reasonable deal and add a reliever or two that would be a perfect offseason. Stay away from Bourne please.
    THE BAY IS BACK


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't see anyway the Giants break the bank for two of Pagan, Upton, and Swisher. Will be just one of those (at most) in all likelihood.
    Its not likely but i think its possible. Rowand is off the books now and Zitos contract is gone next year. We sell out every game. The owners seem willing to spend. It depends what type of contracts these guys will take but its possible.
    I dont think having Blanco as a starter is acceptable really, hes a great 4th OF.

    EDIT: I used Cots and the mlbtraderumors arb projections to come up with a payroll for next year. I got $111 mil so far with 18 players under contract. Thats not including Wilson. We were at $131 mil last year and our payroll has risen by more then $11.5 mil each of the last 3 years. We just won a World Series its reasonable to think that we could do the same this year.

    So if we resign Scutaro $6 mil per, resign Pagan $12 mil per and sign Upton/Swisher $12 mil per that puts our payroll at $141 mil. The final 4 roster spots would probably be filled out with rookie contract players.
    Who knows if those guys even want to come to SF or if those contracts will be enough but a payroll in the $145 mil range is definitely possible i think.
    Last edited by odiz; 11-08-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    THE BAY IS BACK


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    20,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't see anyway the Giants break the bank for two of Pagan, Upton, and Swisher. Will be just one of those (at most) in all likelihood.
    Right, if one of those guys is signed, the 3rd OF would likely be Blanco or Melky on the cheap.







  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I agree on the payroll, but still don't see us acquiring multiple impact players this offseason unless at least one is on the cheap (Melky Cabrera, Shane Victorino, and Torii Hunter come to mind as players that would leave more wiggle room in the payroll).
    We have the payroll (with lots of money coming off the books next year) and we have the need, I don't see why we wont at least target 2 of Pagan/Upton/Swisher.
    THE BAY IS BACK


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    23,194
    vCash
    2500
    We don't have as much money as people think with rises in arbitration and salaries. I would be surprised if we signed two of them.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-08-2012 at 07:38 PM.


    Ariana Grande

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    We basically stole him from the Phillies. Sure Tommy Joseph has potential but we're pretty good on the catcher front.
    Not really. I think it was a fair trade considering Pence's salary. Just cause we had an abundance of great catching talent doesn't make them expendable for lesser value.

    I loved watching Joesph, guy is projected to have more power than anyone on the team currently. Decker really got him much better defensively @ catcher too. I know it's only potential but there's less than a handful of prospects that had his kind of power for being a catcher.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    vCash
    1500
    just gotta be hopeful with wilson...

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    We don't have as much money as people think with rises in arbitration and salaries. I would be surprised if we signed two of them.
    I took arb and rises into account. We have $20 mil to spend just to get up to last years payroll and seeing as we've had big increases in payroll the last 3 years and we are coming off a very profitable season its reasonable to assume we could have a payroll of $140 mil and up (About $30 mil to spend on FAs). With that being said its been a long time since the Giants made a real splash on the FA market.
    THE BAY IS BACK


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    salinas
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    Says you joined in '09
    lost my old password snoopdogg

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    salinas
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    well i just read onmlbtr that willingham could fetch at best a 4th starter. im crazy i know. zito? wtf right? sign a cheap #5 get a legit middle order slugger? ideas ideas..... great to be a giants fan

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    salinas
    Posts
    571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Not really. I think it was a fair trade considering Pence's salary. Just cause we had an abundance of great catching talent doesn't make them expendable for lesser value.

    I loved watching Joesph, guy is projected to have more power than anyone on the team currently. Decker really got him much better defensively @ catcher too. I know it's only potential but there's less than a handful of prospects that had his kind of power for being a catcher.
    weird story. my buddy i was just at school with went to high school with joseph n the dude threw a no hitter last year topping out at 82. crazy ****. i got a little one generation knowingness to joseph haha i actually let me friend know he got traded for pence which is huge if ur a minor leaguer hha u think ur the **** after that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •