Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivalry teams

vCash

Rivalry teams

I understand the immense history between the two organizations, but can the giants-dodgers really be considered that great of a rivalry when one team does all the winning and the other has won one playoff series in the last 20 years?

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Sad isn't it? I was promoting the Phillies postseason rivalry, but they can't even make it in...

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    It dates back far, far beyond 20 years, Tony P. However, I do love being far superior the last 20 years
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    When you compare the overall statistics, over the entire history of the rivalry, it is stunning comparable. Giants have won one more WS, and one more pennant, than the Dodgers. Their winning percentage against each other is nearly identical.

These things usually are cyclical. Even though the Dodgers won several WS titles in the 1960s, the teams were pretty much on par with each other, in the 70s and 80s the Dodgers were by far better, in the 90s and 00s, the Giants were better.

The Dodgers will definitely be getting into the mix very soon. I expect the next several years to be great additions to this stories rivalry.

vCash
    Its going to be fun for the next 5 years. Sure the Dodger may be making bad decisions with their money, but they have lots of money to overcome bad decisions.

vCash
    Yes. It is and will always be a rivalry.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post
    When you compare the overall statistics, over the entire history of the rivalry, it is stunning comparable. Giants have won one more WS, and one more pennant, than the Dodgers. Their winning percentage against each other is nearly identical.

These things usually are cyclical. Even though the Dodgers won several WS titles in the 1960s, the teams were pretty much on par with each other, in the 70s and 80s the Dodgers were by far better, in the 90s and 00s, the Giants were better.

The Dodgers will definitely be getting into the mix very soon. I expect the next several years to be great additions to this stories rivalry.
    They're tied
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Yeah? **** the dodgers.

vCash
    It's not like we've been a punching bag the last 24 years: 1989, 1992, 1999, 2005, and 2010 have been our only losing seasons. And the last time we had back-to-back losing seasons was in 1986-87, the longest such streak in all of baseball.

I just did some number crunching on Microsoft Excel right now to compare both teams W-L record starting with the 1989 season:

Dodgers: 1984-1835 (.520)
    Giants: 2009-1812 (.526)

So yes, the Giants have been the better team, but it's not by much.

If the 1988 season were to be included the difference in percentage is even smaller (.525 to .522).

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    I hate when people say things like this. I don't give a **** how much more one team is winning over the other, the Dodgers will always be the team I despise the most. I can't even stand losing even one game to these guys. I know it's easy to say now that there's no rivalry and that we don't care about them but once the tables turn and it's their turn to have some success over us it's going to heat up again for us.

11. 11-01-2012, 03:20 AM
    Reason
    Insulting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    They're tied
    No they aren't. The Giants have won 22, the Dodgers have won 21.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_by_franchise

I think what you are referring to is the pennant the Dodgers won in 1889 as a member of the American Association. That was before they joined the National League.

Although, I think we Giants fans would be willing to admit that the Dodgers are tied with us and count the 1889 year. The Giants beat the Dodgers (or the "Bridegrooms") in what was the "world series" that year.
    Last edited by stupidmop; 11-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post
    No they aren't. The Giants have won 22, the Dodgers have won 21.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_by_franchise

I think what you are referring to is the pennant the Dodgers won in 1889 as a member of the American Association. That was before they joined the National League.

Although, I think we Giants fans would be willing to admit that the Dodgers are tied with us and count the 1889 year. The Giants beat the Dodgers (or the "Bridegrooms") in what was the "world series" that year.
    Yes, they are http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ you can figure out how to work the link
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Yes, they are http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ you can figure out how to work the link
    What truly matters are the numbers on my sig.

vCash
    Screw what happened 1000000000 years ago in New York
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I agree. Let's talk about what happened the past three years .

Ariana Grande

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast