Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

David Booth to have MRI for groin injury -- Booth has strained Groin out 4-6 wks

Canucks training camp isn’t even two days old and the team already has its first significant new injury.

David Booth will have an MRI because of a strained groin he suffered in the past few days. After an offseason filled with hunting excursions, Booth showed up in Vancouver late last week. He stayed late on the ice after teammates to skate lines by himself.

It left the Canucks with a second line of Zack Kassian, Andrew Ebbett and Mason Raymond.

Head coach Alain Vigneault said that it won’t mean more minutes for the Sedin twins.

“We are a four-line team,” Vigneault said.
    http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/01...h-to-have-mri/

Booth and Kesler. Am-Ex line is down to it's last wheel (Higgins).
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Damn. Can't amnesty injured players. lol.

vCash
    Too busy hunting to stay in shape?

vCash

vCash
    Like Ed Willes said in another article today, it's the Sedins and three other third lines for the first half of this shortened season.

vCash
    He actually hurt it while doing his physical with the team.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    That sucks I had high hopes for him this year.

vCash
    Any chance the Canucks split Burrows from the Sedins line.

The guy is clearly their most talented besides the Sedins and injured Kesler at this point (healthy and better than Booth anyway, Kesler still hurt) and they need some forward depth.

I like you could stick a young player with the Sedins (maybe even Kassian) and let Burrows get line 2 action

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Any chance the Canucks split Burrows from the Sedins line.

The guy is clearly their most talented besides the Sedins and injured Kesler at this point (healthy and better than Booth anyway, Kesler still hurt) and they need some forward depth.

I like you could stick a young player with the Sedins (maybe even Kassian) and let Burrows get line 2 action
    I like Burrows but he's not much without the Sedins. They've tried him back with the 2nd line and Kesler last year and nothing much clicked. I'm sure at some point we'll see Kassian up with the twins because that has to be why they picked him up. So to answer your question, there's no doubt we'll see Burrows back on the 2nd or 3rd lines.

The way things are going though, our 3rd line is considerably better than our present 2nd line -- the mongrel line. We lack offensive talent.

I can't stand how many years of a crap 2nd line we've had to endure here. This implosion was inevitable.

vCash
    well this is just great

vCash
    Well when Kesler was elite in 2010-2011 you could hide it a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I like Burrows but he's not much without the Sedins. They've tried him back with the 2nd line and Kesler last year and nothing much clicked. I'm sure at some point we'll see Kassian up with the twins because that has to be why they picked him up. So to answer your question, there's no doubt we'll see Burrows back on the 2nd or 3rd lines.

The way things are going though, our 3rd line is considerably better than our present 2nd line -- the mongrel line. We lack offensive talent.

I can't stand how many years of a crap 2nd line we've had to endure here. This implosion was inevitable.
    I really liked our PMR line

Demitra - Sundin - Kesler

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I really liked our PMR line

Demitra - Sundin - Kesler
    I agree. That was pretty good. IMO last year's 2nd line had three guys whose games were too similar. Nothing special ever seemed to happen but they sure put mileage on their skates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I agree. That was pretty good. IMO last year's 2nd line had three guys whose games were too similar. Nothing special ever seemed to happen but they sure put mileage on their skates.
    Yeah, they all liked to shoot. Didn't have a playmaker.

<3

vCash
    You guys can take Connolly and Mac if you like, you don't even have to give us Luongo. We just want a 2nd or 3rd round pick and the roster spots. I'm not trolling, i just think they can help you out for a month or two until Kesler and Booth come back (Mac and Tiny Tim put up the same amount of points as them last year...). You guys are at the cap though.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast