Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockies Name Walt Weiss New Manager

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news...s_col&c_id=col
    DENVER -- The Rockies named one of the most popular players of their early days, Walt Weiss, as their new manager on Wednesday night.

The Rockies reached out to their fans by informing their season-ticket holders via e-mail before making an official announcement.

Weiss replaces Jim Tracy, who resigned on Oct. 7 after going 294-308 between May 2009 and the end of the 2012 season. Weiss becomes the sixth manager in the history of the Rockies, who will begin their 21st season in 2013.

Rockies owner and CEO Dick Monfort, general manager Dan O'Dowd and senior vice president of Major League operations Bill Geivett, who conducted extensive interviews with four finalists at Coors Field in recent days, met during the Major League Baseball General Managers Meetings in Indian Wells, Calif., and reached the final decision.

Weiss, who turns 49 on Nov. 28, will be introduced at a news conference at Coors Field on Friday.

vCash
    I'm not a huge Rockies fan, but I live in Colorado. And to see a State that supports a team like Colorado does the Rockies, it's my humble opinion that we deserve better. Weiss had a very admirable pro career, but to watch the Monforts pass on guys like Matt Williams, Dave Martinez, or other candidates with pro coaching experience irks me. Hopefully I eat my words, but I'm just saying...

vCash
    I wish the Monforts would sell, they already said the job is his as long as he wants it lmao.. What a piss poor run organization but as long as people keep going nothing will change. Fire the whole front office please. Maybe now we can go for 110 losses and and I don't care how nice Walt is!!