Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    If you believe he is a top notch ace sure.....

In my opinion guys like Verlander, Weaver and King Felix are top notch aces. By comparison all 3 of the above mentioned pitchers got a 5 year deal worth around 80 million.
    All three of the above re-signed with their teams before they reached free agency and Greinke is the best starter on the open market this year.

He will get paid vastly better than all three, regardless if he is better than them or not.

If Verlander and King Felix were FA this year they would get significantly more though. Amazing how being the best FA in a given year change the value of a contract.

If Grienke is worth 5x110-150 then Verlander or King Felix are 5x200 guys.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    If Grienke is worth 5x110
    I'd actually be ecstatic if I were a team that could get him to agree to that.

vCash
    Id like him on the yankees but not at that price. Enjoy LA.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    that means he only wants to go to the dodgers.

vCash
    If the Dodgers sign Greinke anywhere near his demands they'll be paying around 30-35 mil per year after tax.

I doubt they sign him though, Kershaw still needs to be locked up. I think an outside team like the Brewers could have a good shot. He doesn't really make a ton of sense for most big market teams right now given their payrolls.

vCash

Zack Greinke's asking price is.........

He may want 6 X 150 but that doesn't mean he will get it.

I don't see the Dodgers paying anywhere near that. They have said money is not a concern but they still have to lock up Kershaw - he is far more important.

I'm betting Texas and the Anaheim (not LA) Angels will make a run at him. He will pick Texas

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    I get that. Just making a point that Grienke could very likely handle any atmosphere at this point. If I was a player I would want to play there either. You guys can be brutal!!!
    i know. he would do well in new york, iu just cant see him willingly subjecting himslef to that atmosphere when he could get top dollar elsewhere still. just could you can ahndle new york doesn't mean you have the desire to try
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Honestly I'm hoping Texas decides to spend some of their Hamilton money on Greinke

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    That's ace type money. I just don't see him as an ace. I see him as a really good #2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    dodgers in with a 5 year 200 million dollar offer to blow everyone out of contention

but I agree that one of the LA teams will sign him for more than he's worth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    That's ace type money. I just don't see him as an ace. I see him as a really good #2.
    Since 2008, hes arguably been a top 5 pitcher in all of baseball. If that doesnt scream ace, than i dont know what does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Since 2008, hes arguably been a top 5 pitcher in all of baseball. If that doesnt scream ace, than i dont know what does.
    I don't think he is top 5. He is also too much of a head case for me. No way I would give him that kind of money. If I was the Yankees or Angels I would be interested in signing him as a #2 but I wouldn't give him more than 18 million a year. I think he would be better off as being the second guy as apposed to being the main go to guy in the rotation. I think the less pressure he has the better it is for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I don't think he is top 5. He is also too much of a head case for me. No way I would give him that kind of money. If I was the Yankees or Angels I would be interested in signing him as a #2 but I wouldn't give him more than 18 million a year. I think he would be better off as being the second guy as apposed to being the main go to guy in the rotation. I think the less pressure he has the better it is for him.
    The idea of him being a headcase is overblown. Hes pitches in big cities, and tough games on a night to night basis. Does he have some anxiety issues? Yeah sure, but it does not seem to have detracted from his performances.

Since 2008, hes 4 in xFIP(3.26) and 6th in FIP (3.05). Furthermore, he has over 1000 innings pitched - hes in the top 15 in that category.

Realistically, i see him getting anywhere from 20-22 million a year, for over 5-6 years... Hes one of the best pitchers in baseball, and hes going to be paid pretty handsomely

vCash
    "He's too much of a headcase"

That's ****ing hilarious.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    The idea of him being a headcase is overblown. Hes pitches in big cities, and tough games on a night to night basis. Does he have some anxiety issues? Yeah sure, but it does not seem to have detracted from his performances.

Since 2008, hes 4 in xFIP(3.26) and 6th in FIP (3.05). Furthermore, he has over 1000 innings pitched - hes in the top 15 in that category.

Realistically, i see him getting anywhere from 20-22 million a year, for over 5-6 years... Hes one of the best pitchers in baseball, and hes going to be paid pretty handsomely
    I don't think it's overblown at all. And if your going to commit that kind of money, that has to play a big factor in the decision regardless. I never said he wasn't going to get that much, I just said I wouldn't give it to him.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast