Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Look at what CC got, Greinke should get at least that plus you add in the fact that Greinke isn't a walking heart attack waiting to happen.

He gon' get paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarNation View Post
    Look at what CC got, Greinke should get at least that plus you add in the fact that Greinke isn't a walking heart attack waiting to happen.

He gon' get paid.
    Lololol

vCash
    [QUOTE=Cracka2HI!;24240231]That price tag sounds like something the Dodgers can certainly afford. I have to wonder if they might be regretting the Red Sox trade now. Especially Crawford's contract. Hamilton's asking price is something the Dodgers could have afforded too...if they were just a little more patient. They could have signed Grienke and Hamilton and moved Ethier to 1B and had an OF spot open in the future for Puig or Pederson. I really think A-Gone has to return to 35+ HR and 115+ RBI for 2-3 years for that trade to pay off.[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez could bat right handed and put up better numbers then James Loney... Thats already better... And what makes you think the dodgers still cant afford those guys? Nobody knows how much money they have, or are willing to throw around... They could sign Hamilton then send Ethier to Tampa for Shields... You never know what can happen with the Dodgers owners now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't think he'll go to New York because they don't have the cap room under the luxury tax to sign him.

But he clearly could handle it if he wanted to.
    i didnt say he couldn't, i said he doesn't want to
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    I think Jeffy is right on this one. Yes, he had issues earlier in his career but after having a ridiculously awesome season in 2009 he has been under the spotlight and still performed well. At this point he has proven he can handle the pressure.
    i didnt say he couldnt handle new york, i said he doesn't want to
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    I think Jeffy is right on this one. Yes, he had issues earlier in his career but after having a ridiculously awesome season in 2009 he has been under the spotlight and still performed well. At this point he has proven he can handle the pressure.
    i didnt say he couldnt handle new york, i said he doesn't want to
    I get that. Just making a point that Grienke could very likely handle any atmosphere at this point. If I was a player I would want to play there either. You guys can be brutal!!!

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Gonzalez could bat right handed and put up better numbers then James Loney... Thats already better... And what makes you think the dodgers still cant afford those guys? Nobody knows how much money they have, or are willing to throw around... They could sign Hamilton then send Ethier to Tampa for Shields... You never know what can happen with the Dodgers owners now...
    There is no chance Andre Ethier is playing for the Tampa Bay Rays in a move for James Shields.

none, unless the dodgers buy the Rays a new stadium in the process.

Also, fwiw.

James Loney career as a dodger: .284/.341/.423
    Adrian career as a dodger: .297/.344/.441

I'm sure Adrian will end up being loads better than Loney, and he was better in the tiny sample size, and is clearly a top flight level hitter. But I wanted to point it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    if the brewers do resign him i would be so god damn pissed because they took our minor leaugers and we don't get anything back in terms of draft picks.
    I thought you were a Dodger fan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Then what's he doing in LA
    He's not in LA. Anaheim isn't a big market.

vCash
    People are laughing at this??
    Seems about right for a top notch ace. He's 29 contract will be up by the time he's 35.
    It's not like he's a low end ace.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    People are laughing at this??
    Seems about right for a top notch ace. He's 29 contract will be up by the time he's 35.
    It's not like he's a low end ace.
    If you believe he is a top notch ace sure.....

In my opinion guys like Verlander, Weaver and King Felix are top notch aces. By comparison all 3 of the above mentioned pitchers got a 5 year deal worth around 80 million. Granted these were signed in 2010 and 2011 but when you consider inflation of a players value over the past 2 years I think the $100/5 is fair and puts him on par with the elite pitchers. $150/5 is just ridiculous. Afterall who would you rather have Verlander, Weaver or Felix at $80 million or Greinke at double that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post

In my opinion guys like Verlander, Weaver and King Felix are top notch aces. By comparison all 3 of the above mentioned pitchers got a 5 year deal worth around 80 million.
    All three of the above re-signed with their teams before they reached free agency and Greinke is the best starter on the open market this year.

He will get paid vastly better than all three, regardless if he is better than them or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post

In my opinion guys like Verlander, Weaver and King Felix are top notch aces. By comparison all 3 of the above mentioned pitchers got a 5 year deal worth around 80 million. Granted these were signed in 2010 and 2011 but when you consider inflation of a players value over the past 2 years I think the $100/5 is fair and puts him on par with the elite pitchers. $150/5 is just ridiculous. Afterall who would you rather have Verlander, Weaver or Felix at $80 million or Greinke at double that?
    It's funny because Greinke is better than Weaver

vCash
    Greinke is one best pitchers in the league. He absolutely deserves top dollar.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Can't compare his contract to Hamels either. Hamels isn't on the open market.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast