Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That price tag sounds like something the Dodgers can certainly afford. I have to wonder if they might be regretting the Red Sox trade now. Especially Crawford's contract. Hamilton's asking price is something the Dodgers could have afforded too...if they were just a little more patient. They could have signed Grienke and Hamilton and moved Ethier to 1B and had an OF spot open in the future for Puig or Pederson. I really think A-Gone has to return to 35+ HR and 115+ RBI for 2-3 years for that trade to pay off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    For some reason I just remembered how disappointed I am and was that Cole Hamels didn't let himself hit FA. Id give 6/150 for him in FA...

Greinke is an interesting case and I won't guess on what he'll get. That said, it's going to be much more than 5/95 and most likely deservedly so. I would looooove to see him on the Dodgers behind Kershaw and in front of Beckett and Billingsley. That 1-2 would be unreal, and to back it up with quality after that...

My sleeper team for him is the Blue Jays.
    Not really. The Jays just got Aviles then dumped him 2 weeks later to save what is essentially peanuts. I'm talking about a few million bucks here. We have one of the richest owners on the planet but we have bean counters at the top. The Jays aren't sleepers, they're completely comatose.

Edit-I should also point out that Greinke actually blocked a trade to the Jays a few years ago. Not that he wouldn't pitch here but because of who's in the division. He didn't want to pitch in the microscope that is New York and Boston(anxiety). We'll see if that's changed because if he's looking for that kind of cash, he sure as hell isn't getting it from a small market team.
    Last edited by Halladay; 11-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    if the brewers do resign him i would be so god damn pissed because they took our minor leaugers and we don't get anything back in terms of draft picks.

vCash
    dunno why the responses are what they are,thats pretty inline with the going rate for similar tier pitchers(hamels 6/144,cc 5/122) and is pretty close to what he'll get offered
    Last edited by abe_froman; 11-08-2012 at 05:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    if the brewers do resign him i would be so god damn pissed because they took our minor leaugers and we don't get anything back in terms of draft picks.
    I think you are safe. No need to get pissed because they arn't resigning him! Sorry.
    What about some sleepers like Boston or Balitmore or someone like that, I don't know I just know how these things work someone swoops in and gets him that is completly off the radar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Greinke will get that money from one of the LA teams.
    I surely hope so. Just glad my team isn't that stupid...

vCash
    yankees will offer him 10 years 200 million
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    LA dodgers will offer him 5/300 because they can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks he deserves close to/as much as Hamels got? And I'm a Phillies fan.
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    You must be a bandwagon phillies fan, no real fan would compare a guy with no heart to a World Series winning ace.
    Lololololololol

vCash
    They guy has dominant stuff, and we can't really judge him against guys who have actually made it to the playoffs.

vCash
    it's not surprising for any player's asking price to be higher than what he expecting to sign for. it's negotiating. one starts high, the other starts low, they negotiate for something in the middle.
    I don't think Greinke deserves Hamels type money, but still upper teens in annual salary. Hamels for each of the last 3 years has had an ERA around 3 or lower.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    He deserves to be paid like a very good starter, not like a lights out Ace. Between 16-20 over 6 years is fair.

vCash
    Yankee will sign him! Also look for Beckett to find his way back to the AL.
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Won't even respond to such an goofie claim.
    To answer your question: I don't think he deserves the same money that Hamels got at all. Hamels has only had 1 sub par season since he came up and has won a World Series MVP. I think Greinke has all the talent in the world, but those two pitchers are not comparable in terms of the money each should get.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast