Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Jake Long

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,120
    vCash
    1777
    He just became an IR candidate. For those not paying attention.

    The former No. 1 overall pick has graded out as just the 46th best tackle in Pro Football Focus' ratings, and is growing increasingly injury prone.
    Newhouse is probably above him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    5,798
    vCash
    1500
    I think Newhouse is top 10 or he was two weeks ago.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,120
    vCash
    1777
    No freaking way? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at the beach
    Posts
    3,024
    vCash
    1500
    Newhouse isn't terrible. He has his moments good and bad. Struggles against elite pass rushers but he's young. This is what his second season? It usually takes lineman 3-4 years of solid experience before they really become solid at their position. The experience he's gaining is only gonna make him that much better obviously.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    5,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    No freaking way? Really?
    I believe so. I try to find the article by PFF. His protection efficiency was pretty good. But I guess after the last two games he slipped a bit.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    5,798
    vCash
    1500
    Found it. Hes just 19. But they ranked all tackles. I really thought he was a top 10 LT this season

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ing-efficiency

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,346
    vCash
    1500
    Newhouse shows well in pratice, stood out in OTA's, but like mentioned before, hes hit and miss.. Im betting he'll be starter next year as well, seeing how he will more likely get better, though,him and Sherrod will be going at it.. I do feel that Jake would be our best lineman, but we will never know.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,120
    vCash
    1777
    Never saw that coming. Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,120
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Newhouse shows well in pratice, stood out in OTA's, but like mentioned before, hes hit and miss.. Im betting he'll be starter next year as well, seeing how he will more likely get better, though,him and Sherrod will be going at it.. I do feel that Jake would be our best lineman, but we will never know.
    Can't see taking the risk after hearing how beat up he supposedly is. Now he's probably going on IR. Big money FA signing just off IR. Ehh.

    Now I'd love a stud LT but Long seems risky and expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,346
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Can't see taking the risk after hearing how beat up he supposedly is. Now he's probably going on IR. Big money FA signing just off IR. Ehh.

    Now I'd love a stud LT but Long seems risky and expensive.
    Agreed.. But seeing as he looks to be headed to IR, he may,come cheaper, seeing as how hed be a risk like you mentioned.. Plus hed be coming off a long, much needed rest.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,120
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Agreed.. But seeing as he looks to be headed to IR, he may,come cheaper, seeing as how hed be a risk like you mentioned.. Plus hed be coming off a long, much needed rest.
    Good point.

    Seems like there'd be one GM gutsier than Ted ya know? Unless Jake's going to take a discount to play for a contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,346
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Good point.

    Seems like there'd be one GM gutsier than Ted ya know? Unless Jake's going to take a discount to play for a contender.
    True.. I was going to say maybe Ted will use this years injury list as a way to get aggressive, but who am I fooling? lol

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,120
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    True.. I was going to say maybe Ted will use this years injury list as a way to get aggressive, but who am I fooling? lol
    Never know I suppose.

    I just think if we have Sherrod and Newhouse, neither have much trade value...just don't see Ted going after Long especially if hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,346
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Never know I suppose.

    I just think if we have Sherrod and Newhouse, neither have much trade value...just don't see Ted going after Long especially if hurt.
    I cant argue there

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    We all know how good Aaron Rodgers is, but what really ticks me off is that he has one of the worst lines in football and yet he still maintains top-QB statistics and performances. I don't know if this is the right thread, but I was thinking... when was the last time the Packers had an above-average offensive line? I can't help but think that the last time was when we had Clifton, Wahle, Rivera, Flanagan and I forget who our other starter was at the time, but I think he was pretty good. I'd really love to see some attention paid to this area in the offseason. It would be unbelievable to watch Rodgers play with solid protection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •