Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jake Long

vCash
    He just became an IR candidate. For those not paying attention.

The former No. 1 overall pick has graded out as just the 46th best tackle in Pro Football Focus' ratings, and is growing increasingly injury prone.
    Newhouse is probably above him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    I think Newhouse is top 10 or he was two weeks ago.

vCash
    No freaking way? Really?

vCash
    Newhouse isn't terrible. He has his moments good and bad. Struggles against elite pass rushers but he's young. This is what his second season? It usually takes lineman 3-4 years of solid experience before they really become solid at their position. The experience he's gaining is only gonna make him that much better obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    No freaking way? Really?
    I believe so. I try to find the article by PFF. His protection efficiency was pretty good. But I guess after the last two games he slipped a bit.

vCash
    Found it. Hes just 19. But they ranked all tackles. I really thought he was a top 10 LT this season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ing-efficiency

vCash
    Newhouse shows well in pratice, stood out in OTA's, but like mentioned before, hes hit and miss.. Im betting he'll be starter next year as well, seeing how he will more likely get better, though,him and Sherrod will be going at it.. I do feel that Jake would be our best lineman, but we will never know.

vCash
    Never saw that coming. Wow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Newhouse shows well in pratice, stood out in OTA's, but like mentioned before, hes hit and miss.. Im betting he'll be starter next year as well, seeing how he will more likely get better, though,him and Sherrod will be going at it.. I do feel that Jake would be our best lineman, but we will never know.
    Can't see taking the risk after hearing how beat up he supposedly is. Now he's probably going on IR. Big money FA signing just off IR. Ehh.

Now I'd love a stud LT but Long seems risky and expensive.

vCash
    Can't see taking the risk after hearing how beat up he supposedly is. Now he's probably going on IR. Big money FA signing just off IR. Ehh.

Now I'd love a stud LT but Long seems risky and expensive.
    Agreed.. But seeing as he looks to be headed to IR, he may,come cheaper, seeing as how hed be a risk like you mentioned.. Plus hed be coming off a long, much needed rest.

vCash
    Agreed.. But seeing as he looks to be headed to IR, he may,come cheaper, seeing as how hed be a risk like you mentioned.. Plus hed be coming off a long, much needed rest.
    Good point.

Seems like there'd be one GM gutsier than Ted ya know? Unless Jake's going to take a discount to play for a contender.

vCash
    Good point.

Seems like there'd be one GM gutsier than Ted ya know? Unless Jake's going to take a discount to play for a contender.
    True.. I was going to say maybe Ted will use this years injury list as a way to get aggressive, but who am I fooling? lol

vCash
    True.. I was going to say maybe Ted will use this years injury list as a way to get aggressive, but who am I fooling? lol
    Never know I suppose.

I just think if we have Sherrod and Newhouse, neither have much trade value...just don't see Ted going after Long especially if hurt.

vCash
    Never know I suppose.

I just think if we have Sherrod and Newhouse, neither have much trade value...just don't see Ted going after Long especially if hurt.
    I cant argue there

vCash
    We all know how good Aaron Rodgers is, but what really ticks me off is that he has one of the worst lines in football and yet he still maintains top-QB statistics and performances. I don't know if this is the right thread, but I was thinking... when was the last time the Packers had an above-average offensive line? I can't help but think that the last time was when we had Clifton, Wahle, Rivera, Flanagan and I forget who our other starter was at the time, but I think he was pretty good. I'd really love to see some attention paid to this area in the offseason. It would be unbelievable to watch Rodgers play with solid protection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast