Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Jake Long

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    1500

    Jake Long

    http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981744197

    Thoughts?

    He would be a good sign for the Pack, plus he's a midwest boy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    You guys should watch him play..........

    He's not very good this year. Word is his body may be breaking down.

    Long allowed a sack, three quarterback hits, and three quarterback hurries last Sunday, the worst day of his career, according to Pro Football Focus. Long, who has made the Pro Bowl in all four years he's been in the NFL, has struggled throughout most of this season, not playing up to the level that had him listed among the best tackles in the game.
    Newhouse and him having given up almost identical sack yardage. Newhouse has even been better with penalties.

    Just....well I'll put it this way. He's not looking NEAR as good as he has int he past. That is a huge concern for me.


    I'll have a Dolphins expert post. He's the one that clued me in on all this.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,572
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You guys should watch him play..........

    He's not very good this year. Word is his body may be breaking down.



    Newhouse and him having given up almost identical sack yardage. Newhouse has even been better with penalties.

    Just....well I'll put it this way. He's not looking NEAR as good as he has int he past. That is a huge concern for me.


    I'll have a Dolphins expert post. He's the one that clued me in on all this.
    The way it sounded from the article it was the switch in offenses that is causing the decline so maybe it is just a year thing or maybe you are right. But I will say this if it is the switch in offense than I don't see him having much success here because we are pass heavy and that is what Philbin has implemented in Miami
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

    Solo Tackles: 30
    Assist Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 3
    Ints:1
    TDs:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,995
    vCash
    500
    I think he is going to cost too much and we have Newhouse and a first round pick in Sherrod. With other players that need pay raises coming up i just don't see us getting him.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    The biggest theory on Long's bad play is that his injuries, and allthe times he's played injured, have caught up to him and his body is breaking down. Personally, I agree with that, Jake is far too talented and intelligent to not be able to grasp a new scheme and philosophy. Also, he had issues before Philbin arrived in Miami, which also leads me to believe it's more his body breaking down than the new system. I hope I'm wrong and that his body isn't breaking down and it's just Jake getting into a slump and stuck in a rut, I hope he gets out of it an he stays with Miami, but he's going to cost big bucks for anybody that wants him, although Miami could get him at a discount.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    939
    vCash
    1500
    Lol I don't get that article at all. He says he isn't fitting in the pass heavy offense. We run a very similar pass heavy offense. That's an odd point to make.

    I haven't watched many Dolphins games this year. Sounds no good if his body is going.

    He doesn't make any sense for the Packers who have big extensions coming up for a few players.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    if the dolphins want to get rid of a guy that has been so good since he was drafted, that shoul tell you all you need to know about why we shouldn't get him.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,456
    vCash
    1500
    Ted has sunk 2 draft picks into LT. Either Sherrod or Newhouse will be the starter going forward. No way Ted reaches for a dude that seems for whatever reason to be declining - too much cash needed elsewhere


    REC: WHOEVER ADOPTED ME IS AN IDIOT

    TDs: I FORGOT HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND I SUCK

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,419
    vCash
    1500
    Its one year hes played decent in a consistent career.. I doubt Long wont pick it up and play at a high level.. He will be fine.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,995
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    if the dolphins want to get rid of a guy that has been so good since he was drafted, that shoul tell you all you need to know about why we shouldn't get him.
    So if we dont resign Jennings does that mean he isn't any good anymore or there is something wrong with him? Don't really agree with your logic there.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    So if we dont resign Jennings does that mean he isn't any good anymore or there is something wrong with him? Don't really agree with your logic there.
    If someone isn't retained by Ted, he certainly thinks he isn't worth what the market is going to pay......seems logical to me.

    Dolphins, no idea but I can agree somewhat with what he said.

    We don't need a OT anyways. Datko could surprise too. We'll probably take a draft flier. Investing too much in OL is a mistake.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,995
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    If someone isn't retained by Ted, he certainly thinks he isn't worth what the market is going to pay......seems logical to me.

    Dolphins, no idea but I can agree somewhat with what he said.

    We don't need a OT anyways. Datko could surprise too. We'll probably take a draft flier. Investing too much in OL is a mistake.
    I think TT wouldn't retain Jennings because of $, not because he isn't good anymore. We have other more important players that are due for extensions so spending a grip of money on a player the plays a position where we are the deepest at doesn't make much sense to me



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I think TT wouldn't retain Jennings because of $, not because he isn't good anymore. We have other more important players that are due for extensions so spending a grip of money on a player the plays a position where we are the deepest at doesn't make much sense to me
    That's kind of what it means......you're not good enough for the money.

    Do you want to sign Jake Long for money he's not worth?

    I don't think he was saying Long is trash.....or are we saying Jennings will be trash. Just maybe not worth the dollars. Better cheaper options exist, even if they don't have the flashy name value.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,995
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    That's kind of what it means......you're not good enough for the money.

    Do you want to sign Jake Long for money he's not worth?

    I don't think he was saying Long is trash.....or are we saying Jennings will be trash. Just maybe not worth the dollars. Better cheaper options exist, even if they don't have the flashy name value.
    I think Jennings is worth the money to a team that can afford it. If we didn't have a bunch of other players needing extensions i think TT would resign Jennings.

    But no i don't want Long i just didn't really agree with the logic.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I think Jennings is worth the money to a team that can afford it. If we didn't have a bunch of other players needing extensions i think TT would resign Jennings.

    But no i don't want Long i just didn't really agree with the logic.
    True. It's all relative.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •