Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
    vCash
    last season (and historically) a lot of the nation insisted it was an issue of defensive scheme being the culprit.
    If we could only get rid of Als outdated man to man, natural pressure,mess...things would get better.

some of us insisted that we lacked solid Football players.
    We have about as modern a system as you could ask for now...and we are worse.
    Please dont trot out defensive rankings from one year to the next...just use your eyes.

The most important player in a 43 is the Mike.
    we stuck with Mcclain and paid the price.

The next most relevant position is DE.
    You MUST have at least one player who consistently gets to the QB, TWO would be better. We didnt have one...and did nothing about it.
    The last position that you must have is a #1 CB.
    We went out and signed to retreads, when there were a couple of options available.

We could live with our crappy safeties and our mediocre olbs and our older then dirt DTs if we had done those things.
    Yes we have some players that need to go, but when you have OBVIOUS issues on defense, then you MUST focus on being a running team.That means we needed to spend every penny we had making sure the O-line was addressed.
    We didnt even do that.

once again for those who missed it last week
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...jyg2kinobglZnQ

we need to draft the DlL. Demontrae Moore...Texas A&M, Star Luitui(sp, yes i know)Utah
    or jonathan Hankins OSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    His playcalling hurts the D as much as the O because we fail to sustain long drives and move the chains. I never said the D was great but theu would be a lil better if they can rest for more than 2 minutes before marching back on the turf.
    Exactly! The defense blows I agree. The offense cant get anything going and the defense is on the field all day.
    Personaly I think the whole damned team blows from top to bottom!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RammsteinRaider View Post
    Exactly! The defense blows I agree. The offense cant get anything going and the defense is on the field all day.
    Personaly I think the whole damned team blows from top to bottom!
    moore, burris, veldheer, wiz, shaughnessy. thats it lol. 4 guys give me hope. 3 guys have shown a lot of signs and burris the 4th guy is showing glimpses. Ill love to see him surrounded by average starters not backups.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    last season (and historically) a lot of the nation insisted it was an issue of defensive scheme being the culprit.
    If we could only get rid of Als outdated man to man, natural pressure,mess...things would get better.

some of us insisted that we lacked solid Football players.
    We have about as modern a system as you could ask for now...and we are worse.
    Please dont trot out defensive rankings from one year to the next...just use your eyes.

The most important player in a 43 is the Mike.
    we stuck with Mcclain and paid the price.

The next most relevant position is DE.
    You MUST have at least one player who consistently gets to the QB, TWO would be better. We didnt have one...and did nothing about it.
    The last position that you must have is a #1 CB.
    We went out and signed to retreads, when there were a couple of options available.

We could live with our crappy safeties and our mediocre olbs and our older then dirt DTs if we had done those things.
    Yes we have some players that need to go, but when you have OBVIOUS issues on defense, then you MUST focus on being a running team.That means we needed to spend every penny we had making sure the O-line was addressed.
    We didnt even do that.

once again for those who missed it last week
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...jyg2kinobglZnQ

we need to draft the DlL. Demontrae Moore...Texas A&M, Star Luitui(sp, yes i know)Utah
    or jonathan Hankins OSU
    Where's ALL this money we need to spend? We have 1 new GM and 1 new coaching staff and a shizznet load of issues involving bad contracts,sub-par players and almost no draft whatsoever............plus we're a 3-6 team,we're not a team that should be 6-3.

vCash
    We have a Defensive Line that was excellent two years ago which is definitely underachieving. Our MLB needs to play in a 3-4, not a 4-3 and probably won't be playing here (or possibly anywhere next year. Our FS is really a backup/ nickel package guy and our SS, while good in the run game is a liability in pass coverage. We don't need to break the bank dollar wise .. We need solid hard working players who come to practice every day. Both DT's need to go.. We need real corners , a real MLB if were playing the 4 or ILBs if playing the 3. Yes.. These are painfully obvious.. And yes I was one of those fans that thought we tuned the corner prior to the last 2 games and could make the a run... At 3-6 that is no longer the case.. I want to be competitive and most of all improving with the new schemes for the rest of the year.

RM knew this was you going to be a process for the next few years. To undo years of bad drafts and contracts, no discipline and antiquated methods will take some time.. I think DA is the coach for this, and while some of his assistants may not be here, he will bring us back. There was a larger reason than just coaching that DA was brought here..

Rebuilding is friggin painful!

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderX View Post
    Yeah a lot of bad calls. How could year after year the same team with different coaches and players have the most penalties? Not numerically possible. The only thing the same is the refs. They come in with that fact on their mind already so are more inclined to be picky with us. It will never change IMO. They have to play through it. Notice we hardly had flags thrown on us when the replacement refs were in the games.
    And we only had two penalties against KC, I do not believe we are being picked on. I believe we start to lose composure and discipline we we are losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistix View Post
    A defensive minded HC is not working out. Need to take a page out of the Lakers book, fire the staff and bring back Gruden.
    Bring back Gruden, Bring back Gruden, for crying out loud, ENOUGH OF THE "Bring back Gruden" Comments....GEEZ!!!

vCash
    My daughter-in-law asked if I was done watching the game? I said "yea, if I watch it anymore, I would drink more"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Why don't you make a better attempt at qualifying your perpetual whiny rhetoric?

The Indy comparison is completely invalid, they are 6-3 the Raiders are 3-6, however unlikely the Raiders could still finish with an equal or better record. You harshly judge McKenzie based out of what you perceive poor verbal articulation on his part when dealing with the press (as if that is a deal breaker) yet ignore the situation he took on when he became GM of the Raiders, an organization that has been run one way for nearly half of a century.

Neither McKenzie nor Allen have made excuses, but the fact remains that they were forced to bring a ham sandwich to a banquet in terms of the Raiders salary cap situation. The Raiders are at a very serious fiscal disadvantage when dealing with their cap number.

You want to blame someone, train your ire on the person that put the Raiders in this situation , and quit your whining about the manor in which McKenzie is forced to rectify it.
    The leader of the excuse wheel finally chimes in, and your target is the deceased owner ( lovely ). The comparison is no different whatsoever, the Colts had the balls to gut the team. RM doesn`t get a free pedestal from my house, I don`t believe the man is smart enough. I do believe Mark Davis hired the wrong man, then several wrong hires were soon to follow.

This week Oakland plays the Saints, I hope the Lord isn`t out of mercy.

You don`t understand the Colt comparison? then this conversation was doomed from go, where are the brighter bulbs ?
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 11-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The leader of the excuse wheel finally chimes in, and your target is the deceased owner ( lovely ). The comparison is no different whatsoever, the Colts had the balls to gut the team. RM doesn`t get a free pedestal from my house, I don`t believe the man is smart enough. I do believe Mark Davis hired the wrong man, then several wrong hires were soon to follow.

This week Oakland plays the Saints, I hope the Lord isn`t out of mercy.

You don`t understand the Colt comparison? then this conversation was doomed from go, where are the brighter bulbs ?
    While the staff does have free reign over the future of the team, what more did you want McKenzie and Co. to do?

No picks and no cash.

Cutting ties with Routt, Johnson, Bush, etc., that's a start, It freed up a little cash, very little.

If we had fired the whole team, who would you have replaced them with and how would you have paid them? It's not like there was a fifty three man roster complete with coaching staff standing in line at EDD.

While I agree with your assessment of the current IQ of the remaining players (at least some of them) I wish you could use a little intelligence of our own and realize that this wasn't a one season project....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    The Colts had cap room and picks...we didn't. Big difference.

And Luck panned out. Not really a fair comparison.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    The Colts had cap room and picks...we didn't. Big difference.

And Luck panned out. Not really a fair comparison.

-Stork
    There is no template that you can lay over a team and immedeately see what is wrong, I would imagine that all 32 teams are different in that respect so all comparisons are flawed....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    In the Army you hear this question every now again.

What's the maximum effective range of an excuse?

"The previous admin..:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Get the defense to stop allowing so many damn points and do it now!

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    anyone else done with Brisel at RG.....i am very disappointed in his penalties and gettin blown up worse than Carlilse...now we see what Houston saw...and let him walk..I actually think that bergstrom should be in at RG...and barnes at RT when hes healthy...just a thought

vCash
    Brisiel has been a huge disappointment and the biggest red flag I've got regarding the McKenzie regime.

Its not good when your only big dollar sign is sucking wind.

-Stork