Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Me.

Or did you completely gloss over my point about why you can throw age out the window with RA Dickey?
    If he just turned 35, I'd give him a 5 year contract.

You can't throw age out the window, especially with a guy with a knuckler no one has ever seen before. No one knows how much of a toll this kind of knuckler puts on his body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwill161 View Post
    Does anyone think d'arnuad could be had for dickey or niese
    Yes, and you could probably get the Jays to add another younger prospect if it was Dickey.

It would be nice if the Mets would add a player or two and get both D'Arnaud and Marisnick, but I don't see the Jays parting with their best 2 prospects.
    Last edited by dunbummin; 11-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Yeah, you are not getting their 2 best prospects. Maybe one of their best and then another top 20 guy, but I think they can get Arencibia as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If he just turned 35, I'd give him a 5 year contract.

You can't throw age out the window, especially with a guy with a knuckler no one has ever seen before. No one knows how much of a toll this kind of knuckler puts on his body.
    There is definitely an element of risk involved, no two ways about it. And to your point, the dream could end just as quickly as it had turned into a fairy tale.

But I still bet on Dickey sustaining his success because he's more than just a pitcher. He's an amazing person who has learned how to beat adversity at every turn. Something tells me he's gonna be around for a good while longer.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    There is definitely an element of risk involved, no two ways about it. And to your point, the dream could end just as quickly as it had turned into a fairy tale.

But I still bet on Dickey sustaining his success because he's more than just a pitcher. He's an amazing person who has learned how to beat adversity at every turn. Something tells me he's gonna be around for a good while longer.
    Maybe so. But the Mets aren't in a position to take that gamble imo. Unless you really believe this team can win it all within the next 2 seasons, dealing him makes the most sense.

vCash
    Trading RA I am sad to say makes the most sense of anything I have heard so far this 'hot-stove' season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, you are not getting their 2 best prospects. Maybe one of their best and then another top 20 guy, but I think they can get Arencibia as well.
    I would gladly take D'Arnaud and Sean Nolin. I'm a bit concerned about Arencibia. He certainly hit well in the minors, but his stats were beefed up by 2 years in Vegas. Does he make a successful transition to the majors? If the FO thinks yes, they could ask for Arencibia and Marisnick. So far, in 2 seasons, however, it doesn't bode well. But catchers do seem to mature late.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I want a clear ****ing direction damnit.

If you deal Niese and keep Dickey, we better ****ing win now and spend money.

Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I'd rather just be patient and deal Dickey, get younger and in better position to compete 2+ years from now.
    Looks like the Mets don't want to have anyone signed past two years if they trade Niese. They made a smart move by locking him up for cheap and now they want to trade him and give another team a great deal with a young lefty, just stupid. The franchise is in disarray and Alderson is what most people called him but I was too blind to see it, a puppet. Looks like the Moneyball Mets are in full swing if they trade Niese. Say hasta luego to R.A. & David.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Looks like the Mets don't want to have anyone signed past two years if they trade Niese. They made a smart move by locking him up for cheap and now they want to trade him and give another team a great deal with a young lefty, just stupid. The franchise is in disarray and Alderson is what most people called him but I was too blind to see it, a puppet. Looks like the Moneyball Mets are in full swing if they trade Niese. Say hasta luego to R.A. & David.
    Nothing has happened yet, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

vCash
    Nothing has happened yet, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
    With this franchise you need to prepare for the worst because there is a 99% chance that they will rip your heart out and stab it with a pencil in front of you.

vCash
    So a package of Niese + to get Justin Upton sounds good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post

Just listen to Spindy, whenever a potential deal is mooted, he never wants to give more than one year to anyone, he did give fat usless Frank 2 years, but that was fine because that was part of the Jose dividend designed to as least make it look like they were trying to do something.

They don't want to have any players (or only 1 or 2) on longer than 2-3 year deals, so they can drop payroll to whatever they need it to be, whenever they like. When they talk about flexibility, they really mean flexibility downwards, and they're gonna need it, because this team is going nowhere any time soon, and the fan confidence and trust in the Coupons is at zero.

They can only afford a $70M payroll, I don't think that's sunk into many people's brains yet.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 11-11-2012 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    So a package of Niese + to get Justin Upton sounds good.
    If this is the case, then, like I said in the other thread, resigning Dickey becomes a must. Either play for now or play for the future. No more "middle of the pack" payroll with 3rd and 4th place finishes while going nowhere.

vCash
    I dont want upton

vCash
    Neither do I, but he does have the chance to get a lot better and would help this team significantly. Plus, he's a long time friend of David Wright, and that could help him out a bit.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast