Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    If this is the case, then, like I said in the other thread, resigning Dickey becomes a must. Either play for now or play for the future. No more "middle of the pack" payroll with 3rd and 4th place finishes while going nowhere.

I think the middle road is where we're headed, they just don't want to risk a terrible team that suffocates att. any further.

vCash
    Yep. I've said I'm all for rebuilding and playing for the future and not sticking to this middle of the pack payroll and 4th place finish routine. If we're going to finish last or close to last, then at least play for the future while you're doing it.

vCash
    Yep. I've said I'm all for rebuilding and playing for the future and not sticking to this middle of the pack payroll and 4th place finish routine. If we're going to finish last or close to last, then at least play for the future while you're doing it.

They don't have balls to do what's right, at the end of the day with these creeps winning baseball games is never the top priority.

What a mess.

There's zero reason not to be rebuilding now, because this team won't win anything for years, and there's no money for help and the farm doesn't produce nearly enough talent to fill the gaps.

This is a classic 'let's win 80 games and hope it all doesn't fall apart early in the season' routine.

We're headed for another 5 years like the last 5 years IMO. Probably worse.

vCash
    Gads! I'm so sick of all this negative shite.

We get some good news that a $21 million albatross has been reduced to a sparrow. (And that is purely due to the GMs creative thinking and aggressive approach.) We have more money to fill holes through trades and free agency. We've built a stronger group of prospects that should give encouragement that the team is on the mend, and that we have trade chips to bring in much needed talent. And still there is this illogical tsunami of manure spewing from a few vocal nay sayers who turn every thread into an anti Wilpon/Alderson rant.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Neither do I, but he does have the chance to get a lot better and would help this team significantly. Plus, he's a long time friend of David Wright, and that could help him out a bit.
    That's BJ, not Justin
    W/ that said Upton gets on base and plays a decent RF, I think he can be a .340 OBP/.470 SLG/20 - 25 HR player for us.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    That's BJ, not Justin
    W/ that said Upton gets on base and plays a decent RF, I think he can be a .340 OBP/.470 SLG/20 - 25 HR player for us.
    They're brothers (I think everyone knows that) and when they would talk about the Wright/Upton relationship, they'd say that Justin was the bat boy and stuff like that. I'm sure Wright is just as close with Juston as he is with B.J.

vCash
    OMG people...read the frickin' quote again.

DPLennon Asst GM John Ricco said that with cost of starting pitching, teams eager to trade for it. I'd say high probability of Niese getting dealt
    Ricco didn't say Niese has a high probability of being dealt...LENNON DID!

It means SQUAT!

The NY Media is fooling you AGAIN!!

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    We have control of Niese for the next five years. He's a young lefty who is only getting better. He's an ideal #3 for a contending ball club. No reason to deal him unless we are blown away by a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Gads! I'm so sick of all this negative shite.

We get some good news that a $21 million albatross has been reduced to a sparrow. (And that is purely due to the GMs creative thinking and aggressive approach.) We have more money to fill holes through trades and free agency. We've built a stronger group of prospects that should give encouragement that the team is on the mend, and that we have trade chips to bring in much needed talent. And still there is this illogical tsunami of manure spewing from a few vocal nay sayers who turn every thread into an anti Wilpon/Alderson rant.
    The only thing that's illogical is that the Coupons still own the team.

How has dumping Bay turned $21M into chicken feed?

We have money to fill holes? are you serious? they won't go above $2M a year and 1-2 years for anyone, they just want place-holders.

How is the team on the mend? It's as bad as it ever was, all the Mets have done over the last 2 years, is convert itself from large-market club, to mid-market club, with the financial aspirations going forward of a small-market club.

You're talking about the Mets progressing, when they're bleeding talent left right and center and have been for years - Beltran, Reyes et al

Spending money? they lost over $20M on a $95M payroll, all they can afford is a small-market payroll, in the world's largest media market.

GM's creative thinking and aggressive approach?

LOL!!! - He's done very little that a chimp couldn't have done - any fool can slash payroll and ignore FA, whilst making stupid trades for 34 year old one season wonders. Any fool could overpay fat Frank in a blind panic after losing Reyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    The only thing that's illogical is that the Coupons still own the team.

How has dumping Bay turned $21M into chicken feed?

We have money to fill holes? are you serious? they won't go above $2M a year and 1-2 years for anyone, they just want place-holders.

How is the team on the mend? It's as bad as it ever was, all the Mets have done over the last 2 years, is convert itself from large-market club, to mid-market club, with the financial aspirations going forward of a small-market club.

You're talking about the Mets progressing, when they're bleeding talent left right and center and have been for years - Beltran, Reyes et al

Spending money? they lost over $20M on a $95M payroll, all they can afford is a small-market payroll, in the world's largest media market.

GM's creative thinking and aggressive approach?

LOL!!! - He's done very little that a chimp couldn't have done - any fool can slash payroll and ignore FA, whilst making stupid trades for 34 year old one season wonders. Any fool could overpay fat Frank in a blind panic after losing Reyes.
    When you write Microsoft, do you replace the "S" with a "$"?
    ie. Micro$oft.

Never understood when people did that with "M$" and "Coupons".
    As if they would be upset by something like that written on the internet.

But to each his own.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    When you write Microsoft, do you replace the "S" with a "$"?
    ie. Micro$oft.

Never understood when people did that with "M$" and "Coupons".
    As if they would be upset by something like that written on the internet.

But to each his own.
    I've never understood why anyone who purports to be a fan of the team would be so upset at the Wilpon's being called the Coupons, never was a sobriquet more apt than this one right now.

But to each his own.

vCash
    I've never understood why anyone who purports to be a fan of the team would be so upset at the Wilpon's being called the Coupons, never was a sobriquet more apt than this one right now.

But to each his own.
    Not a fan of the Wilpons so it really doesn't bother me.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

But to each his own.
    To me, it just comes across as extremely childish. I never understand how people can think itís clever or whatever.

Turning Lebron into Lebum, Sandy into Spindy, Krod into Kfraud, the Wilponís into the Coupons, the Brooklyn Nets into the Brooklyn Nyets.

It reads as something from the mind of a fifteen year old, not a grown man.

(Although I have to admit, I think Nets to Nyets has a smidge of cleverness to it lol).

I canít stand Roger ClemensÖcanít stand himÖbut you will never hear me call him anything but Roger Clemens, because thatís his name.

But, as you and Clay both said, to each his own.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    Mets , have financial difficulties and even with increase of the national tv deal those monies are required to pay off the Madoff deal , which will take 3 years out of the payroll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jensan View Post
    Mets , have financial difficulties and even with increase of the national tv deal those monies are required to pay off the Madoff deal , which will take 3 years out of the payroll
    Is that English?

The Wilpons have bigger financial issues than the Madoff situation like the debts against the team and SNY.

Ultimately, that will decide whether or not they can continue owning this team.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-13-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast