Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    He's a good player don't get me wrong but straight up for niese who is younger and under team control with a fair contract I just don't know about that. Maybe if they threw in Montgomery a lefty prospect who had fallen out of favor but still has a ton of potential.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    He has had 2 solid years.
    At 29...not too impressive.

vCash
    For gee, Duda and Murphy/Valdespin I would do it.

vCash
    I would go as far as offering the royals Niese, Flores, MDD and Duda for Myers and Mongomery. If you give up a youg quality lefty under team control you have to get a potential future star player in return. You can't trade niese straight up for Gordon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    At 29...not too impressive.
    He's 28.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    He's 28.
    Yea but by next season he will be 29. He's 3 years older then niese and is in his prime with niese just entering his.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Yea but by next season he will be 29. He's 3 years older then niese and is in his prime with niese just entering his.
    The Mets need offense, they need outfielders. This franchise is rich in the pitching department. And they should think about moving 1 or 2 of their pitching pieces.

And as good as Niese was this year, he only posted an era+ of 113. Nice but not outstanding, every other year he was below average. So the question is was 2013 the norm or the exception?

You can build for the future with either trading Dickey or Niese. Or you can remain stagnant and expect a repeat performance next year.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    The Mets need offense, they need outfielders. This franchise is rich in the pitching department. And they should think about moving 1 or 2 of their pitching pieces.

And as good as Niese was this year, he only posted an era+ of 113. Nice but not outstanding, every other year he was below average. So the question is was 2013 the norm or the exception?

You can build for the future with either trading Dickey or Niese. Or you can remain stagnant and expect a repeat performance next year.
    But trading for a 29 year old outfielder before your pitching prospects are ready to come up and fill the gaps will not be beneficial. Niese will o kt get better.

The only way I trade him is for a stud outfield prospect that will come up to the majors with Harvey and Wheeler.

Offer Niese + MDD, Duda and company for Myers. If they say no hold onto him.

Offer the Bluejays Dickey and Murphy for D'arnaud. If they say no hold onto him.

If both are denied which is probable you offer a package Including Gee, Duda, MDD for Gordon.

You can't trade your best pitchers without getting something great in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    He's gotten better over his career, hasn't missed time for the past two years, is a lefty, is under a team friendly contract, and is only 26. He won't get a top 10 prospect, but he could get something pretty darn good.
    He did get much better this season, but he did miss the last 5 weeks in 2011. And I have said earlier that the Mets could get A type prospects for him, I just don't think he'll get the names mentioned here (Travis d'Arnaud or Will Myers) they are both in the top 10 of all minor league hitters

vCash
    Or Alex Gordon.
    Niese in a package for Gordon would be a deal I like. Gordon has had two good years both hitting and in the field (two gold gloves), he's under contract for 3 more years, if he was RH he's be prefect. He's be a huge upgrade for the Mets.

vCash
    But trading for a 29 year old outfielder before your pitching prospects are ready to come up and fill the gaps will not be beneficial. Niese will o kt get better.

The only way I trade him is for a stud outfield prospect that will come up to the majors with Harvey and Wheeler.

Offer Niese + MDD, Duda and company for Myers. If they say no hold onto him.

Offer the Bluejays Dickey and Murphy for D'arnaud. If they say no hold onto him.

If both are denied which is probable you offer a package Including Gee, Duda, MDD for Gordon.

You can't trade your best pitchers without getting something great in return.
    I would offer Murphy + a prospect for Arencibia.

Niese or Dickey should net you something like an Austin Jackson and a Rick Porcello or a package involving Alex Gordon.

Remember you still have Familia and Mejia along with Wheeler. Plus Mazzoni at the end of the season. There are plenty of arms ready to make the jump.

You will never get Gordon for Gee, Duda and MdD.

vCash
    I would offer Murphy + a prospect for Arencibia.

Niese or Dickey should net you something like an Austin Jackson and a Rick Porcello or a package involving Alex Gordon.

Remember you still have Familia and Mejia along with Wheeler. Plus Mazzoni at the end of the season. There are plenty of arms ready to make the jump.

You will never get Gordon for Gee, Duda and MdD.
    A lot of people are suggesting Gordon for niese straight up. If they trade niese for Gordan they better at least get a decent prospect with him. Maybe bubba starling or mike Montgomery.

I still don't agree with niese for Gordon.

Do you think you could get Myers for niese, Flores, Duda?

Or Gordon for Gee, Flores, Duda, DD?

vCash

You're right, the Mets need a whole new outfield, and they have Dickey and Niese who both have raised their trade value and it makes sense to trade one of them.

After hearing the past few days that Dickey's demands aren't too high (if you can believe the rumors), I'd like to see him resigned, and Niese traded for an outfielder. I don't believe that his value is as high as some on this board, I'd be very happy to be wrong, (I'm wrong all the time), but I do think he'll bring back a good outfielder.

vCash
    A lot of people are suggesting Gordon for niese straight up. If they trade niese for Gordan they better at least get a decent prospect with him. Maybe bubba starling or mike Montgomery.

I still don't agree with niese for Gordon.

Do you think you could get Myers for niese, Flores, Duda?

Or Gordon for Gee, Flores, Duda, DD?
    For Gordon I would be happy with a straight up trade.

KC wants pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    You're right, the Mets need a whole new outfield, and they have Dickey and Niese who both have raised their trade value and it makes sense to trade one of them.

After hearing the past few days that Dickey's demands aren't too high (if you can believe the rumors), I'd like to see him resigned, and Niese traded for an outfielder. I don't believe that his value is as high as some on this board, I'd be very happy to be wrong, (I'm wrong all the time), but I do think he'll bring back a good outfielder.
    We need at least 1 outfielder, possibly 2.
    If the Mets do get a Gordon type of player, I would go after Aaron Hicks to play CF.

Still need a catcher.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast