Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if both R.A. and Niese are traded.

Remember SA and Co. are not counting on the team going anywhere in '13. Blowing up this team is not a bad idea with David Wright being signed to a long term deal.

Unfortunately, we have so many weaknesses. I can't see us going anywhere not until 2015. And, I'm being optimistic.
    No offense, but that's ridiculous, as Wright would be an albatross(33) by the time the Mets are (hopefully) good in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    If they trade niese or dickey I would say blow it all up. Including Wright, Parnell and Murphy. Maybe Ike if we get a really good haul back. We were a 75 win team with these guys if we won't add in free agency the team needs to start over.
    I agree, however I'd keep anybody under 27 and that has a service time of 3 years or less. I'd lock up Ike and Gee now, especially since we can avoid their arbitration as well and lock them up for below market value. We could probably lock Ike up for 5 mil or less a year(5 yrs/25 mil), and Gee for at most 3 mil a year(4 yrs/12 mil). After that, I'd cut payroll, while investing on the draft and International Free Agency.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    No offense, but that's ridiculous, as Wright would be an albatross(33) by the time the Mets are (hopefully) good in 2015.

I agree, however I'd keep anybody under 27 and that has a service time of 3 years or less. I'd lock up Ike and Gee now, especially since we can avoid their arbitration as well and lock them up for below market value. We could probably lock Ike up for 5 mil or less a year(5 yrs/25 mil), and Gee for at most 3 mil a year(4 yrs/12 mil). After that, I'd cut payroll, while investing on the draft and International Free Agency.
    So 33 is when he's done? Cmon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    So 33 is when he's done? Cmon.
    I'm not saying he's going to be bad, but something along the lines of .330 - 350 OBP/.440 - 460 SLG/15 - 20 HR w/ decent defense, except he would be getting paid 16+ mil. Basically he's an above average player, except he'd be paid like an elite one. Or we could save the 16+ mil, use that to overslot in the draft and IFA, and get back a solid 27 or younger MLB player or two along w/ a decent prospect.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    I'm not saying he's going to be bad, but something along the lines of .330 - 350 OBP/.440 - 460 SLG/15 - 20 HR w/ decent defense, except he would be getting paid 16+ mil. Basically he's an above average player, except he'd be paid like an elite one. Or we could save the 16+ mil, use that to overslot in the draft and IFA, and get back a solid 27 or younger MLB player or two along w/ a decent prospect.
    We can't predict David Wright, he could hit 30 homers next year for all we know.

No one thought he'd the best overall 3rd baseman in baseball this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We can't predict David Wright, he could hit 30 homers next year for all we know.

No one thought he'd the best overall 3rd baseman in baseball this year
    This...

vCash
    Regardless of how he plays, he's a guy who will help lead the team. I expect him to age like Scott Rolen. Unless something drastic happens or he has a major injury, I suspect he will still be a very productive player at 33.

vCash
    Wright's decline should begin to show around 37 IMO...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    Wright's decline should begin to show around 37 IMO...

It'll be before then. Look at his best years, they're years ago already. He had a great four year stretch (05 thru 08), he hasn't put those numbers up since apart from 10. And even in '10 his OPS was done from those 4 great years.

He'll never put four years that good together again either.

He's probably got 4 or at most 5 good years left before decline. You could argue that strictly on numbers he's been in in 'decline' since 2008, since his peak years were that stretch some years ago.

vCash
    Offense is down around baseball, so Wright this year was just about as good as he was in 2005-2008.

vCash

Stubby question

The Reds are loaded in the outfield, so I believe they would trade Drew Stubbs, who at 28 is still young enough with upside. he gives us a center fielder, power and speed. I would dangle Dickey yeah I said that, for Mr Stubbs, and sign Melky

vCash
    Trade Niese, Familia, Nieuwenhuis for Upton. Trade Dickey for Olt, etc. Trade Wright for a blue chip top 10 starting pitcher who's major league ready.

Olt plays left field, Upton plays right, Flores comes up in July to play third.

Santana, Harvey, Wheeler, Blue Chip Prospect, Gee.

Tejada, Murphy, Upton, Davis, Olt, Flores, Valdespin, Shoppach/Flowers, pitcher

Or am I insane?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DUMETROPOLITANS View Post
    The Reds are loaded in the outfield, so I believe they would trade Drew Stubbs, who at 28 is still young enough with upside. he gives us a center fielder, power and speed. I would dangle Dickey yeah I said that, for Mr Stubbs, and sign Melky
    Hell no, he can't even put up good numbers in a bandbox. They don't want him anymore because he sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Trade Niese, Familia, Nieuwenhuis for Upton. Trade Dickey for Olt, etc. Trade Wright for a blue chip top 10 starting pitcher who's major league ready.

Olt plays left field, Upton plays right, Flores comes up in July to play third.

Santana, Harvey, Wheeler, Blue Chip Prospect, Gee.

Tejada, Murphy, Upton, Davis, Olt, Flores, Valdespin, Shoppach/Flowers, pitcher

Or am I insane?
    Insane. That team isn't very good.

vCash

Stubby Continued

Drew Stubbs is better than you give him credit for, also the Reds are loaded with relief pitching, so any trade involving Dickey for Stubbs would have to include more coming our way obviously, but I'll take a guy who can hit 20 homeruns and steal 40 bases and play centerfield.

vCash
    I mean I'd take him for change of scenery, but I'm not dealing Dickey for him. That's crazy.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast