Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes but the cumulative results Niese will give us at 25 will probably be better going forward than a 38 year old Dickey.

Under normal circumstances, i don't advocate dealing either but if the market is hot on pitching then Dickey is at his highest value coming off the Cy Young.

Niese is one of the cornerstone pieces moving forward, whereas i don't see Dickey being nearly as valuable 3 years down the road. I think Niese took steps towards being a number 2 starter last year and will continue that trend next year.

His overall numbers were very good, i think sometimes he doesn't get the credit he deserves.
    I think Niese is a nice pitcher, that has incredibly trade-value.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Yes, but by trading Niese.. seriously.. might as well as trade everyone above 28 years of age and wait 5 to 6 more years to be even considered. Competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightous View Post
    Yes, but by trading Niese.. seriously.. might as well as trade everyone above 28 years of age and wait 5 to 6 more years to be even considered. Competitive.
    Boy do I whole heartedly disagree.
    If I can fill to positions for him than I'm doing it.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I think Niese is a nice pitcher, that has incredibly trade-value.
    He does but if they are going to trade Niese they might as well deal both him and Dickey.

They are basically admitting at that point they have no intentions on competing in the next 2-3 years when you deal a 26 year old quality left handed pitcher making much below market value (money wise)
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    Barely post anymore cause I'm busy with work and school but I'm always reading what everybody here has to say.

Just wanted to share that I'm actually for this. I love Niese, his contract, and what he can be for the Mets (an affordable, middle of the rotation LHP). However, the price for pitching is a premium and the return that can be had for Niese can be fairly large and valuable.

I'm not a fan of Sandy Alderson by any means but I trust him to make a good trade. I'm only for this if this means that we're trying to win now. If we trade Niese for prospects then Dickey should be packing his bags as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    Barely post anymore cause I'm busy with work and school but I'm always reading what everybody here has to say.

Just wanted to share that I'm actually for this. I love Niese, his contract, and what he can be for the Mets (an affordable, middle of the rotation LHP). However, the price for pitching is a premium and the return that can be had for Niese can be fairly large and valuable.

I'm not a fan of Sandy Alderson by any means but I trust him to make a good trade. I'm only for this if this means that we're trying to win now. If we trade Niese for prospects then Dickey should be packing his bags as well.
    Agree 100%

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Boy do I whole heartedly disagree.
    If I can fill to positions for him than I'm doing it.
    I guess, competing for 3rd place every year.. is how we will be content.. I'm not.. and Neise is a solid 3rd pitcher.. Its not that easy to pitch in the MLB.. And giving up our future.. is only going to get us further to reachingour goals..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Agree 100%
    And Wright on this matter.. if that was the case.. Its not like Wright is 25.. and Wright is not going to hang out while his prime years just pass by.. waiting for 22 year olds, to come around..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightous View Post
    I guess, competing for 3rd place every year.. is how we will be content.. I'm not.. and Neise is a solid 3rd pitcher.. Its not that easy to pitch in the MLB.. And giving up our future.. is only going to get us further to reachingour goals..
    What if you could get a nice player like Austin Jackson for Niese?
    Would you do it then?

vCash
    What if you could get a nice player like Austin Jackson for Niese?
    Would you do it then?
    I would.. But, why would we get that kind of caliber player.. I doubt that.. he's only 25.. 2 years experience.. he's barely touched his peak.. Detroit would be crazy to let him go

vCash
    At most.. I dont see any MLB teams.. especially one that just went to the WS, trade a player like that.. at most.. other teams will be either giving up good prospects or players that are coming up to get PAID!!.. The second option doesnt work for us.. and the first options puts us back by giving up Niese.. Unless, we pull off a Jackson type deal.. letting go of Niese doesnt make any sense

vCash
    But, why would we get that kind of caliber player.. I doubt that.. he's only 25.. 3 years experience.. he's barely touched his peak and he's lefty.. New York would be crazy to let him go.

It can go both ways. Plus like Niese, Jackson only had one solid season.

vCash
    touché
    Well played..

vCash
    Jackson had a nice BABIP inflated rookie season as well.

And Clay don't go all McFly on us and not use quotes lol

vCash
    I guess, it comes down to.. whether or not, a team is willing to give up a above average MLB posotion player that we are in need(( center field in this case)) for a solid 3rd pitcher .. both under control for a good amount of time.. a win, win.. for both teams.. If it happens like this.. then.. forward..

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast