Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Why?

Deal Dickey not Niese...

They better get back quite a bit for him if that's the case.
    Niese is a decent starting pitcher but he will never be as good as Dickey was this past season.

And yes, Dickey has a better chance of being as good as Dickey was this past season than Niese does as being as good Dickey was in 2012.

Much better, in fact.

Pay no attention to the year on Dickey's birth certificate. It is meaningless.

Meaning Less.

Half of what i say is meaningless. So I say this just to reach you Julia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWzlxECaPo

Damned, I hope my lights come back on, soon!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Wright is a far superior player than Ike. He also brings leadership, a calm demeanor and durability. The only way I trade Wright, is if he doesn't sign an extension.

I have no sentimental feelings towards any players on the Mets.
    All fair points.

However the steroid error is over and most players careers start declining 33-35. If he begins his decline at 35 the contract won't be that terrible. Starts declining at 33 then the Mets are in trouble.

If the mets really don't have money to spend then signing a 30 year old player to a 7 year extensions is not a good idea. The back end of that contract will kill the Mets, just like Santana's and Bays had the last few years. Much like Castillo's and Delgado's had in the past.

David wright is a great player right now. He is in the middle of his prime. The issue with this is of the Mets aren't going to put a Winning team on the field right now then by the time the young Mets are ready to compete he will be entering his decline. I am all for keeping him if they are trying to win now.
    Last edited by Rio40; 11-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I don't think you can be against trading Niese, or Dickey, until you know what the offers are.

That being said, I would like to see a good ML player, and at least one good prospect come back for either of them, not a fan of just prospects for either a Cy Young award winner making $5.0 million next year, or a young lefty making $24.7 over the next 4 years.

vCash
    If the price is right then go ahead! Niese isn't the type of pitcher who has ace type potential so if you can get a nice grab for him then you go for it.

vCash
    With Harvey being Harvey and Wheeler having potential to be just as good, Niese would be the perfect left handed #3 guy. He still only in his mid 20s. He can definitely become better, I say at best a 2, but that would be all we need. He doesn't need to be an ace in order to help the Mets contend.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 11-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    If Mets trade Duda and Niese for Upton and sign Melky, they can put together a pretty good lineup: Melky/Tejada/Upton/Ike/Wright/Murph/CF/Thole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    With Harvey being Harvey and Wheeler having potential to be just as good, Niese would be the perfect lefty handed #3 guy. He still only in his mid 20s. He can definitely become better, I say at best a 2, but that would be all we need. He doesn't need to be an ace in order to help the Mets contend.
    I understand that.. but if teams are willing to overpay for a pitcher in this offseason then you go for it. I sure won't lose sleep over trading Niese if it can net us a nice gain.

vCash
    Well DB are looking for a ss and 3b. I wonder if the Mets would make an offer of Flores, duda, Tejada and niese for Upton and Bauer.

However then they will having a gaping hole up the middle.

vCash

Its possible

Quote Originally Posted by jbader09 View Post
    If Mets trade Duda and Niese for Upton and sign Melky, they can put together a pretty good lineup: Melky/Tejada/Upton/Ike/Wright/Murph/CF/Thole
    Sign the AJ the catcher from the White Sox, and hunt for a couple of relievers and lets have at it!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Well DB are looking for a ss and 3b. I wonder if the Mets would make an offer of Flores, duda, Tejada and niese for Upton and Bauer.

However then they will having a gaping hole up the middle.
    They have Davidson who is a top 100 prospect at 3b in AA. What they are looking for is a major league player that plays 3rd already.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    They have Davidson who is a top 100 prospect at 3b in AA. What they are looking for is a major league player that plays 3rd already.
    Gotcha. Would you trade wright and dude for Upton and Bauer?

vCash
    Duda* damn auto correct

vCash
    It's my favorite part about posting with those "SmartPhone" thingys.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    It's my favorite part about posting with those "SmartPhone" thingys.
    Google autocorrect fails... Straight comedy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Niese is a decent starting pitcher but he will never be as good as Dickey was this past season.

And yes, Dickey has a better chance of being as good as Dickey was this past season than Niese does as being as good Dickey was in 2012.

Much better, in fact.

Pay no attention to the year on Dickey's birth certificate. It is meaningless.

Meaning Less.

Half of what i say is meaningless. So I say this just to reach you Julia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWzlxECaPo

Damned, I hope my lights come back on, soon!
    Yes but the cumulative results Niese will give us at 25 will probably be better going forward than a 38 year old Dickey.

Under normal circumstances, i don't advocate dealing either but if the market is hot on pitching then Dickey is at his highest value coming off a Cy Young caliber season.

Niese is one of the cornerstone pieces moving forward, whereas i don't see Dickey being nearly as valuable 3 years down the road. I think Niese took steps towards being a number 2 starter last year and will continue that trend next year.

His overall numbers were very good, i think sometimes he doesn't get the credit he deserves.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-08-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast