Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 201
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    1500

    Trade dickey

    As much as I love R.A, we should see what we can get for him,(preferably a center fielder with a decent obp and some speed), and keep Niese who is a bargain for the next few years. We also should sign either Ross or Melky, we desperately need another right handed bat in the lineup.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    1500

    Dickey for Austin Jackson?

    This may be a dumb question, but would the Tigers consider a Dickey for Austin Jackson deal?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DUMETROPOLITANS View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but would the Tigers consider a Dickey for Austin Jackson deal?
    Not sure.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Dickey is the guy we should be trading, not Niese.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    10:54 pm: In addition to the Yankees, Red Sox, Indians and Braves, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says four new teams have been added to Upton’s no-trade list, although they have not been specified publicly.

    However, in a separate tweet, Piecoro says Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers will still talk with those teams on Upton’s no-trade list, and has in fact already talked with one of those four new teams.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montville, nj
    Posts
    2,395
    vCash
    1500
    They better get a power hitting outfielder back in return for him. Or a good package involving one. I still say trade Dickey instead. Why would you want to trade a young left handed pitcher like Neise.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    They better get a power hitting outfielder back in return for him. Or a good package involving one. I still say trade Dickey instead. Why would you want to trade a young left handed pitcher like Neise.
    Greater return.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    If they trade niese or dickey I would say blow it all up. Including Wright, Parnell and Murphy. Maybe Ike if we get a really good haul back. We were a 75 win team with these guys if we won't add in free agency the team needs to start over.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    If they trade niese or dickey I would say blow it all up. Including Wright, Parnell and Murphy. Maybe Ike if we get a really good haul back. We were a 75 win team with these guys if we won't add in free agency the team needs to start over.
    I would trade Ike before Wright.
    Murphy may get traded anyway.

    And I hope they don't trade Parnell.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I would trade Ike before Wright.
    Murphy may get traded anyway.

    And I hope they don't trade Parnell.
    I disagree. By the time the Mets prospects develop into good MLB players wright will be in the beginning of the downside of his career. He has been my favorite player and the face of the franchise but you need to look at the facts and not judge this sentimentally.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Also I don't see our financials getting better anytime soon. Ike is much cheaper. You don't want to sign a guy like Wright to a long term deal where the second half of that deal he will be making the most of his money for the least amount of production.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I disagree. By the time the Mets prospects develop into good MLB players wright will be in the beginning of the downside of his career. He has been my favorite player and the face of the franchise but you need to look at the facts and not judge this sentimentally.
    Wright is a far superior player than Ike. He also brings leadership, a calm demeanor and durability. The only way I trade Wright, is if he doesn't sign an extension.

    I have no sentimental feelings towards any players on the Mets.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Also I don't see our financials getting better anytime soon. Ike is much cheaper. You don't want to sign a guy like Wright to a long term deal where the second half of that deal he will be making the most of his money for the least amount of production.
    I think Wright's career will arc much like Chipper's.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    248
    vCash
    1500
    I'm with the majority on here and think that trading Niese is a bad idea. I would trade Dickey and Wright before Niese.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,057
    vCash
    1500
    The market would dictates who gets traded.
    If not both.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •