Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade dickey

As much as I love R.A, we should see what we can get for him,(preferably a center fielder with a decent obp and some speed), and keep Niese who is a bargain for the next few years. We also should sign either Ross or Melky, we desperately need another right handed bat in the lineup.

vCash

Dickey for Austin Jackson?

This may be a dumb question, but would the Tigers consider a Dickey for Austin Jackson deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DUMETROPOLITANS View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but would the Tigers consider a Dickey for Austin Jackson deal?
    Not sure.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Dickey is the guy we should be trading, not Niese.

vCash
    10:54 pm: In addition to the Yankees, Red Sox, Indians and Braves, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says four new teams have been added to Upton’s no-trade list, although they have not been specified publicly.

However, in a separate tweet, Piecoro says Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers will still talk with those teams on Upton’s no-trade list, and has in fact already talked with one of those four new teams.

vCash
    They better get a power hitting outfielder back in return for him. Or a good package involving one. I still say trade Dickey instead. Why would you want to trade a young left handed pitcher like Neise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    They better get a power hitting outfielder back in return for him. Or a good package involving one. I still say trade Dickey instead. Why would you want to trade a young left handed pitcher like Neise.
    Greater return.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    If they trade niese or dickey I would say blow it all up. Including Wright, Parnell and Murphy. Maybe Ike if we get a really good haul back. We were a 75 win team with these guys if we won't add in free agency the team needs to start over.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    If they trade niese or dickey I would say blow it all up. Including Wright, Parnell and Murphy. Maybe Ike if we get a really good haul back. We were a 75 win team with these guys if we won't add in free agency the team needs to start over.
    I would trade Ike before Wright.
    Murphy may get traded anyway.

And I hope they don't trade Parnell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I would trade Ike before Wright.
    Murphy may get traded anyway.

And I hope they don't trade Parnell.
    I disagree. By the time the Mets prospects develop into good MLB players wright will be in the beginning of the downside of his career. He has been my favorite player and the face of the franchise but you need to look at the facts and not judge this sentimentally.

vCash
    Also I don't see our financials getting better anytime soon. Ike is much cheaper. You don't want to sign a guy like Wright to a long term deal where the second half of that deal he will be making the most of his money for the least amount of production.

vCash
    I disagree. By the time the Mets prospects develop into good MLB players wright will be in the beginning of the downside of his career. He has been my favorite player and the face of the franchise but you need to look at the facts and not judge this sentimentally.
    Wright is a far superior player than Ike. He also brings leadership, a calm demeanor and durability. The only way I trade Wright, is if he doesn't sign an extension.

I have no sentimental feelings towards any players on the Mets.

vCash
    Also I don't see our financials getting better anytime soon. Ike is much cheaper. You don't want to sign a guy like Wright to a long term deal where the second half of that deal he will be making the most of his money for the least amount of production.
    I think Wright's career will arc much like Chipper's.

vCash
    I'm with the majority on here and think that trading Niese is a bad idea. I would trade Dickey and Wright before Niese.

vCash
    The market would dictates who gets traded.
    If not both.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast